Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crack the Sig Challenge.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Pm sent for 1 and 3 but 2 isnt showing anything for me at all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Pm sent for 1 and 3 but 2 isnt showing anything for me at all.....

Got that last one :)

I saved a copy of 2 last night so I was able to do it offline.
    Do you want the source code?

Edit: Put it on Pastebin

thanks but pastebin is blocked as well :( no worries, I'll have a look when dlofnep has the hosting sorted :)

Speaking of which, to echo BZ's offer I'd be happy to host a mirror for you if you need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ok guys - Site updated and 2 uploaded again. :) If I missed anybody on the wall of fame, please let me know as 2 was lost - so I've just re-updated. If anyone got 2 and isn't listed on there, please tell me as I've deleted some PM's. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dlofnep wrote: »
    Ok guys - Site updated and 2 uploaded again. :) If I missed anybody on the wall of fame, please let me know as 2 was lost - so I've just re-updated. If anyone got 2 and isn't listed on there, please tell me as I've deleted some PM's. :)

I'm missing off the list for 2.

• Advertisement

Fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

MOAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

trout wrote: »
    MOAR

This.

I'll whip up something soon enough :) Maybe Sunday.

• Advertisement

Well done Procasinator :) First person to get it. Trout isn't far behind from the looks of it.

pesky work got in my way last night ... I'll get back to it this evening

*shakes fist*

got it :D

Good job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Thanks Buddy, It's like eating a fecking onion, that one

Yeah ... each time you peel back a new layer, you feel like crying :pac:

Good job :)

THe rest of the challenges will be like this - The first few challenges were to introduce people to individual areas that might be involved, but from now on - all challenges will be layered. (Unless I come up with something really novel!)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

trout wrote: »
    Yeah ... each time you peel back a new layer, you feel like crying :pac:
    Stuck on a layer, and don't have the time to dedicate to solving it :(

If anybody is really stuck and needs a hint, just ask :) This is a learning experience as much as a game!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Well should I start a set of rainbow tables downloading? :P

No :) The first hash is numerical - No more than 10 digits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

dlofnep wrote: »
    No :) The first hash is numerical - No more than 10 digits :)

The hashes slowed me down because most web-interfaced rainbow tables didn't have them recorded.

I was very surprised when it was only a 10-digit number: I would have assumed that would be in all of them.

Yeah this caught me too i would have thought most tables would have a numerical hashes. The comment in the source then clicked with me and a numerical attack with cain nailed it before i finished a cuppa.

If anybody is really stuck and needs a hint

I'm on the third part and I've had to resort to asking for a hint. :(

I sent you a reply :)

If anyone is trying to crack the first hash on web databases, they won't find it there.

Use: http://www.oxid.it/cain.html If you are on Windows, or JTR if on linux. You can configure either to use numbers only, and the length of it.

for anyone in work, McAfee will detect Cain as a virus/malware so avoid the IT department's radar and download it at home! unless you're in the security team your employers might not look too kindly on users having password crackers that can sniff network traffic on their workstation :)

Done. I have put my CPU under a lot of unnecessary pressure. :D

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Done. I have put my CPU under a lot of unnecessary pressure. :D
    Heh. I've left a server in college generating a numeric md5 hash table for me, just in case I need to crack any more of dlofnep's challenges in double quick time. :P

460MB so far for 11.5million hashes. It should gzip well though.

• Advertisement

Jonathan wrote: »
    Heh. I've left a server in college generating a numeric md5 hash table for me, just in case I need to crack any more of dlofnep's challenges in double quick time. :P

460MB so far for 11.5million hashes. It should gzip well though.

Should be grand untill he starts salting them or something mean like that.:D

BTW: I see a web challenge 4 is it ready for us to maul it? or is it broken, or is that the point ;)

Advertisement