Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausages or Rashers?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Porky .... 133224.jpg

too lazy at this time of night to fix img link ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I picked rashers. For only one reason: they're quicker to cook.

Id prefer both though :)

Mackman wrote: »
    I picked rashers. For only one reason: they're quicker to cook.

Id prefer both though :)

How can you prefer both ? You can like both equally ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I never eat pork ..

At least with Beef and Lamb, you can be assured they've had some quality of life before becoming food.

Im afraid you're wrong there pete. There is no assurance that any food product animal has not been the victim of cruelty at some stage in its brief life.

I have seen some very disturbing youtube videos about cattle being treated in the most sadistic way. Stuff you don't want to see this late at night because it will trouble you.

I am aware of animal cruelty in farms, im aware of how animals are processed. Im still a carnivore. I can't help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I said sausages, but now I want rashers, dagnammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Yummy....

Sausages and beans, chips etc.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1052/905108158_ac4bd7ba58.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcK3cMjRA6l3ZsEwNTANOt1ki0tuiyJnyODQ71Lb5jR7owWIs&t=1&usg=__rj5FzYXfXGmOAFw1WfM-UIPrWhc=

http://i.pbase.com/u42/orac/upload/39612376.IMG_4482.jpg

Sausages, mashed spud and Gravy

http://crystlmethod.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/sausagenmash.jpg

You could have sausages for dinner, whereas rasher is more likely just for breakfast, or a late night sandwich.
    Although I would preferably just have both together, especially smokey rasher!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    How can you prefer both ? You can like both equally ...

ba dum tish!

i meant together, obviously:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I said sausages, but now I want rashers, dagnammit!

Edit: Has anyone seen those Irish Breakfast packs in Tesco? Far as I'm concerned its the pinnacle of human achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I'd say all the girls here will choose sausages for obvious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sausages definitley - the cocktail variety :D

• Advertisement

I used to keep pigs, goats, chickens,geese,turkeys and they they were all kept happy until until it was 'their time'. The first pair of pig were called Bacon and Butty. I still have have photos of my daughter (since deceased) sitting on Butty.

Keep on eating da pig guys.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

I never eat pork ..

At least with Beef and Lamb, you can be assured they've had some quality of life before becoming food.

That's a pretty awful video but as was said already, cows can be treated a lot worse. There are some pretty grim videos on Youtube which is why I buy the vast majority of my meat from the local butcher who gets his carcasses from the local slaughter house where the animals are treated humanely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Im afraid you're wrong there pete. There is no assurance that any food product animal has not been the victim of cruelty at some stage in its brief life.

For a start, I did not say that you can be assured that all Lamb and Cattle have "not been the victim of cruelty" at some stage in their "brief" lives.

I said: "you can be assured they've had some quality of life before becoming food".

Whereas, the way the vast majority of Pigs are treated in Europe, you cannot.

I am well aware of how bad some cattle are treated, but by and large - they are treated a hell of lot better in their lives than Pigs are.
    I have seen some very disturbing youtube videos about cattle being treated in the most sadistic way. Stuff you don't want to see this late at night because it will trouble you.

I've seen pretty much all there is to see, have posted on this subject before on Boards.

I have been buying meat from O'Tooles in Terenure for years, was even eating Pork from there up until last year.
    I am aware of animal cruelty in farms, im aware of how animals are processed. Im still a carnivore. I can't help it.

Same here and these times of recession it is all the more difficult to make the right choice.

Who is gonna pay €12 for a Organic Free Range chicken when they can get one for €4 in Tesco, especially when they have to feed a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Sausage is the only choice. Rashers are dry, rubbery things which add to dehydration, where as a juicey sausage sambo/ breakfast roll is the best known cure for a hang over.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

pmcmahon wrote: »
    streaky bacon is crap isn't it :(

Indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

For a start, I did not say that you can be assured that all Lamb and Cattle have "not been the victim of cruelty" at some stage in their "brief" lives.

I said: "you can be assured they've had some quality of life before becoming food".

Whereas, the way the vast majority of Pigs are treated in Europe, you cannot.

I am well aware of how bad some cattle are treated, but by and large - they are treated a hell of lot better in their lives than Pigs are.

I've seen pretty much all there is to see, have posted on this subject before on Boards.

I have been buying meat from O'Tooles in Terenure for years, was even eating Pork from there up until last year.

Same here and these times of recession it is all the more difficult to make the right choice.

Who is gonna pay €12 for a Organic Free Range chicken when they can get one for €4 in Tesco, especially when they have to feed a family.

Its just a fact of life really.

If you've eaten in any of the fast food restaurants then in a way you have contributed to animal cruelty. If you drink/eat dairy products, wear animal hide clothing/footwear same goes. Its near impossible to avoid realistically. Yes you can buy from certain butchers but that still isn't going to distance yourself from contributing in some way.

Without sounding antagonistic, the ultimate gesture from someone who is very much concerned/ troubled about farm animal cruelty is to become vegan? Ever considered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

Sausages man, I couldn't live without sausages. huge big ones.... in my mouth with the juice dripping down my chin etc

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

When I was younger I would have picked Sausages.

But now it would have to be Rashers.

There is too much rubbish in sausages and the good one with the high pork content are tasteless.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why can't I have a mixed grill?

This is purgatory for me. I prefer "fries" to steak or anything else.

High meat sausages are crap! To have real taste, you need at the most 60% meat content. Anything above is a placebo effect, plus far too filling.

Overall, considered opinion, Rashers!

Food of the Gods.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Clonakilty sausages are a great example of <60% meat sauasages tasting better than >85% plus sausages.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

TheZohan wrote: »

You, You BAST4RD! I'm in america cannot get a proper fry. Fook.

Without sounding antagonistic, the ultimate gesture from someone who is very much concerned/ troubled about farm animal cruelty is to become vegan? Ever considered it?

Have gone Vegan many times in my life, but could never stick it out full time, much to my disappointment.

Have eaten a 100% fruitarian diet a few times also and have even eaten nothing but Bananas for three months straight:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68343893&postcount=30

Have eaten an 80% Raw Food diet for the last ten years or so and of that, I would say that almost 50% of it has been Raw Vegan anyway, the rest being Raw Dairy and Sashimi.

I would love to go Vegan full time as it has always been something that I have really wanted to do and the past six months or so, have given it serious thought again .. but the burger / pizza cravings always get me in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

Big meaty sausages

a/s/l?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Most likely sausages. It depends on the type of rasher though.

This is only when we're not talking about inuendos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Have eaten a 100% fruitarian diet a few times also and have even eaten nothing but Bananas for three months straight:

....why?:confused:

poisonated wrote: »
    ....why?:confused:

Wanted to see if I could reverse evolution by just eating bananas :p

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63675940&postcount=74

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Sausages. Then buy a joint of back bacon and cut very thin slices off.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

:(

Love them together but if I had to choose one it would be sausages for me everytime.

Two words.

Superquinn Sausages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

on their own. . . . sausages without a doubt, and they have to be country style skinless sausages.

But in a sambo, ya can't bate some hickory smoked rashers and brown sauce!:D

Advertisement