Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you have anyone on the 'ignore' list ?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Usernames goddamm it! haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

There's one absolute troll who posts in two of the forums I frequent that I came close to ignoring.
    I've learned to just to laugh at his posts instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I don't really pay attention to or memorise who posts what so I'd never form an opinion of posters that would make me want to block them.

+1 on the paranoia about being on others' ignore list. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Looks like I'm on someone's ignore list right this minute.

How can you tell ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

don't have anyone on my ignore list. there is a few trolls that should be, but i just laugh at their posts' ignorance instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I've learned to just to laugh at his posts instead!

This tbh.

There are a few that you just know are trolls, the Soccer forum tends to be the biggest offender IMO, plus certain threads on AH where they'll come out with the same sh*te over and over. Not the same opinions now, just the same one response. PC, bleeding heart examples spring to mind, without actually elaborating on why they think that.

I just don't agree with putting someone on ignore. If they are that bad, just ignore them yourself!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. They maybe completely wrong on one issue and make absolute sense on another.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    This tbh.

There are a few that you just know are trolls, the Soccer forum tends to be the biggest offender IMO, plus certain threads on AH where they'll come out with the same sh*te over and over. Not the same opinions now, just the same one response. PC, bleeding heart examples spring to mind, without actually elaborating on why they think that.

I just don't agree with putting someone on ignore. If they are that bad, just ignore them yourself!

Everybody is entitled to an opinion. They maybe completely wrong on one issue and make absolute sense on another.

Yes they are entitled to their opinion, but some posters don't post an opinion,they just post sh!te, maybe because they think anything goes in AH.

Its not about ignoring someone's opinions, they are welcome to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

So... this person keeps posting "sh1te" eh? I think I've an idea who that could be... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Yes they are entitled to their opinion, but some posters don't post an opinion,they just post sh!te, maybe because they think anything goes in AH.

Its not about ignoring someone's opinions, they are welcome to them.

So put a mental filter on them?

I know a few posters who post sh*te on a certain subjects, but very good on others. They just have personal bugbears.

I'm never going to agree with them on certain subjects, on others they talk sense.

I do see your point and definightly! There are certain posters I would lose nothing from putting on ignore!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

That JOHNJO THE MISER will be going on it soon enough.:pac:

• Advertisement

No, JohnJoMiser doesn't talk enough sh!te for my ignore list, he's just drunk tonight. So am I, but I can still work a keyboard!, Go JJM !Wheres the party ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I'm back.

PM sent.
    Now I'm severely paranoid about how many people are ignoring me
    My fears are confirmed
    Maybe they're not faceless.... :rolleyes:

I can see your posts! :D
    I'm not ignoring you, I'm still waiting for pictures of boobies. That goes for alwaysadub too. :D
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!
    What?! I seem to have missed that request..
    Please...you know we all want to see boobies.

Anyone who says they don't is obviously lying. :P
    Absurdum wrote: »
    sooooo....wat r u wearing
    Those are a magnificent pair of boobies.
    Yeah. I came up with this idea all by myself.
    Drinks for the ladies...
    Takes more than a drink for me to get them out
    Really? not me! :D
    Drinks for you then!
    Latchy wrote: »
    as long as you get them out ...that's important

/Drink ? :pac:
    Latchy wrote: »
    Yeah ..to easy .. we need a new challenge

Dont we other girls ? :pac:
    They're too busy showing their boobs to type a reply
    I'm a nice girl :p

^^^^^^^^^^^

In case anyone is confused as to why this thread was moved from AHs.
    K-9 wrote: »
    So put a mental flirtar on them?

FYP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

/ignores thread

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Intelligence ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

If I add someone to my ignore list; are they then prevented from sending me a PM?

Edit: I found answer here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_whatelse#faq_bie_faq_whatelse_ignore

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

A few. Its the whole 'doesnt suffer fools gladly thing'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

If we all add Tar to our ignore list, will this forum implode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Your genitals certainly will.

Advertisement