Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you have anyone on the 'ignore' list ?

• 02-11-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I have one so far, I won't mention his name here, just couldn't bear to read any more of his sh!te. I'm seriously thinking about adding another. Its annoying when another poster quotes them though !

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Who posted that!?!?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Sorry, I ignored that option..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I have one so far, I won't mention his name here, just couldn't bear to read any more of his sh!te.
    It's brummytom, isn't it?

That lousy bastard... nothing but **** talk and the sort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Pretty sure this has being done before but the way i see it is if you have somebody on ignore then your problems solved .By mentioning them as a thread starter you not actually ignoring them are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Myself, so i can't read this.:pac:

• Advertisement

I have one so far, I won't mention his name here, just couldn't bear to read any more of his sh!te. !

I'm guessing my only one is the same as your only one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Mine used to be full. Made a lot of forums a LOT easier to read. Alas, boards is too big for that now.

Such a pity you cant reverse it so that everyone is ignored by default, and you decide to unignore based on quoted posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

I have everyone on ignore. It's awfully quiet around here.

*Just a coincidence if I've posted this in a relevant thread.*

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nobody, seems kinda pointless personally, I can just skip over thier posts if I want to

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have one so far, I won't mention his name here, just couldn't bear to read any more of his sh!te.
    I would say something here but I know you can't read it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

I haven't felt the need to add anyone to my Ignore List. When I express an opinion I dont expect everyone to agree with me or thank me for my post. I like boards for the good mix of opinions and spend a lot of time reading posts here.

I have read some pretty strange stuff on boards but to me its part of the fun. I have been lambasted here for several posts and quoted out of context but thats what makes it interesting for me.

Dustaz wrote: »

Such a pity you cant reverse it so that everyone is ignored by default, and you decide to unignore based on quoted posts.

But you wouldn't be able to see the quoted post because it would be posted by someone automatically on your ignore list. Doh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yep I've two 'people' on my ignore list. both unsavory characters.

23 and counting. I'm very intolerant obviously. Didn't realise it was that high though, I guess they just build up over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

basquille wrote: »
    It's brummytom, isn't it?

That lousy bastard... nothing but **** talk and the sort!

No it ain't BT

But you could abbreviate his username to 2 consonants .......

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Nope. Never could see the point. You might miss something. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I have one so far, I won't mention his name here, just couldn't bear to read any more of his sh!te. I'm seriously thinking about adding another. Its annoying when another poster quotes them though !

After reading 3 completely shit threads today, so am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I put myself on ignore. It caused a minor black hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I once answered a query a poster had by Private mail. He thanked me, I thought that was it - but then he started to bombard my inbox with more questions (lots of them repeated despite me having answered them!) and then asking why I wasn't answering him: he started to scare me! Then I discovered the ignore list.

Years later, I looked up his name and I found out he had been banned several times, as he had been sending private messages to moderators and was basically acting like a leech.

Thank goodness he seems to have disappeared off the face of the ....boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

It's a good feature to have, but in fairness it could be implemented much better. I mean, the second person I put on my list I didn't even want to be reminded existed and any time i came across a post it says 'oh heres a post by this person, oh look you've chosen to ignore them, but just thought I'd let you know, here's a post!' surely you should not see anything from them. stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kelle wrote: »
    I once answered a query a poster had by Private mail. He thanked me, I thought that was it - but then he started to bombard my inbox with more questions and then asking why I wasn't answering him: he started to scare me! Then I discovered the ignore list.

Years later, I looked up his name and I found out he had been banned several times, as he had been sending private messages to moderators and was basically acting like a leech.

Thank goodness he seems to have disappeared off the face of the ....boards!

I'm back.

PM sent.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Nope. Never could see the point. You might miss something. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I would normally agree, but the one and only member that I ignore has never had anything worth reading (imo). He just talks sh*te all day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I haven't felt the need to add anyone to my Ignore List. When I express an opinion I dont expect everyone to agree with me or thank me for my post. I like boards for the good mix of opinions and spend a lot of time reading posts here.

I have read some pretty strange stuff on boards but to me its part of the fun. I have been lambasted here for several posts and quoted out of context but thats what makes it interesting for me.

I'd like to think I'm quite/very broadminded, and a good mix of opinions is great. I don't expect agreement/thanks either.

But sh!te is SH!TE !

I wonder if you know who you are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

No one yet. Have thought about it with certain people but will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Now I'm severely paranoid about how many people are ignoring me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm back.

PM sent.
    You took exact words out of my mouth except I might have put a smiley on the end .....might

I dont have anybody on ignore ( sighs of relief all around ) but I do remember once or twice going looking to do so , then thought , ah what the fook, just skip over past him /her but can understand the need to want to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭mojesius

None, you're all lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nope.. not because there are people that don't irritate me. I just think it's easier to selectively ignore posts rather than users. I had someone on the list but found the little box that replaces their posts even more irritating than them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Nobody, would love to be able to ignore certain threads though, is it possible to add threads to ignore list?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'm back.

PM sent.

Actually, what happens if you send a PM to somebody that has put you on their ignore list -are you informed that you're on their ignore list??

Advertisement