Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have anyone on the 'ignore' list ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

kelle wrote: »
    Actually, what happens if you send a PM to somebody that has put you on their ignore list -are they informed of being on your ignore list??

DON'T DO IT!!!!

That's as dangerous as dividing by zero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Don't see the point of ignoring someone. Its a cowardly way out of a debate when you cannot refute posts and yet run away with a tail between your legs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Nobody, would love to be able to ignore certain threads though, is it possible to add threads to ignore list?
    Looking at some thread titles is enough ie, 'I'm not going in there '' and saves a lot of time and bother

/looks at this thread title ...oh hai :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Latchy wrote: »
    Looking at some thread titles is enough ie, 'I'm not going in there '' and saves a lot of time and bother

/looks at this thread title ...oh hai :o

I know, would be a handy function to have though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    No it ain't BT

But you could abbreviate his username to 2 consonants .......
    I wonder if you know who you are ?

Anyone else get the strange feeling they're back in primary school? Seriously man, grow a pair and tell the person you don't like them or keep it to yourself. Playing these games only makes you look like a child to be honest.

Edit: Just realized that you may in fact be a child so I apologize in advance if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't tend to need vbulletin features for tasks that my own mind can perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I've only 1 person and the dope is a mod, i'm guessin i can still see his posts in the forum he mod's though, which is a pain in the hole

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

scudzilla wrote: »
    I've only 1 person and the dope is a mod, i'm guessin i can still see his posts in the forum he mod's though, which is a pain in the hole
    I hear scudzilla's a real arsehole..

.. just testing if it's me! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Why would you ignore someone on a public forum such as Boards.ie? Most posters drink and post at some stage so if you dislike the person, they post sh1te while drunk and you are a malicious cnut you could have a field day.

I haven't come across a single poster on Boards where I could not bear to read their posts anymore....how could anyone be that angry with a faceless user on the internet?

Get counselling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I know, would be a handy function to have though
    Yep suppose it would ok .

Golden rule I have is stay out of threads that you know is only trollism dressed up as being informative or which may be out of my depth .This does not apply to AH :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Now I'm severely paranoid about how many people are ignoring me

My fears are confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

gurramok wrote: »
    Don't see the point of ignoring someone. Its a cowardly way out of a debate when you cannot refute posts and yet run away with a tail between your legs ;)

This particular poster doesn't do debate, they just post sh!te. Not wanting to 'don't attack the poster, just the post' or anything, since I haven't named him ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

This particular poster doesn't do debate, they just post sh!te. Not wanting to 'don't attack the poster, just the post' or anything, since I haven't named him ...

Hmmm...very cryptic....

I have one person on ignore, they're annoying so in this case ignorance is bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I haven't come across a single poster on Boards where I could not bear to read their posts anymore....how could anyone be that angry with a faceless user on the internet?

Get counselling

Maybe they're not faceless.... :rolleyes:
    My fears are confirmed

I can see your posts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I have one so far, I won't mention his name here, just couldn't bear to read any more of his sh!te. I'm seriously thinking about adding another. Its annoying when another poster quotes them though !
    I didn't even know there was such a thing :D

Now I'm severely paranoid about how many people are ignoring me

I'm not ignoring you, I'm still waiting for pictures of boobies. That goes for alwaysadub too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

basquille wrote: »
    I hear scudzilla's a real arsehole..

.. just testing if it's me! ;)

Not you, but there's an idea, if i put you on me list i'd save a fcukin fortune and wouldn't buy half the crap i do after seein it in BA ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm not ignoring you, I'm still waiting for pictures of boobies. That goes for alwaysadub too. :D

Whoa, whoa, whoa!
    What?! I seem to have missed that request..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Guess that means I'm on his ignore list!

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Please...you know we all want to see boobies.

Anyone who says they don't is obviously lying. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

kelle wrote: »
    I once answered a query a poster had by Private mail. He thanked me, I thought that was it - but then he started to bombard my inbox with more questions (lots of them repeated despite me having answered them!) and then asking why I wasn't answering him: he started to scare me! Then I discovered the ignore list.

Years later, I looked up his name and I found out he had been banned several times, as he had been sending private messages to moderators and was basically acting like a leech.

Thank goodness he seems to have disappeared off the face of the ....boards!

sooooo....wat r u wearing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I haven't felt the need to add anyone to my Ignore List. When I express an opinion I dont expect everyone to agree with me or thank me for my post. I like boards for the good mix of opinions and spend a lot of time reading posts here.

I have read some pretty strange stuff on boards but to me its part of the fun. I have been lambasted here for several posts and quoted out of context but thats what makes it interesting for me.

'..agree with me or thank me for my post.'
    That's an outrageous comment; you can't just demand these things of people and expect them to comply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Does that mean you're up for pics then ? :D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff175/DustDevil75/Motivational%20Posters/M-12.jpg

Fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Only people I put on ignore are the attention seeking types who feel the need to constantly write in a different font or colour than the standard type.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can't remember.

Only people I put on ignore are the attention seeking types who feel the need to constantly write in a different font or colour than the standard type.

This makes me sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Nope, though I'd imagine quite a few have me on ignore. I just don't really see the point.

• Advertisement

Those are a magnificent pair of boobies.

Yeah. I came up with this idea all by myself.

Advertisement