Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** CAO - a few important points! (Change Of Mind closes 5.15 1st July)***

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

mtb_kng wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, I stuck with HL Maths, but it cost me in points big time. I don't think I'll get UL now (Mech Engineering is what I wanted to do there). The history paper was the nail in the coffin... :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll still get Mech Eng in DIT (5th on list), but for some stupid reason I put cork it ahead of it, which I don't really want to go to... :(

If you get the points, but not the maths requirement, UL offer a make up test for the maths requirement at the end of August. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    If you get the points, but not the maths requirement, UL offer a make up test for the maths requirement at the end of August. :)
    That's what I was planning on doing, but my maths teacher kept "suggesting" that I drop to pass, which I was adamant I wasn't going to do. Doing HL maths was the wrong decision for me, but not for the reasons my teacher had, but because it took away from my other subjects. It would have been okay if the history exam had gone well/as expected but I was screwed when I opened it... Ah sure, how bad! :D

I'll get something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Does anyone know what this maths exam for UL is like? I did HL maths and fear that I failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Does anyone know what this maths exam for UL is like? I did HL maths and fear that I failed.
    AFAIK it's like a mix between honours and pass, or honours with all the "tricks" taken out. It's to see if you understand it. There's papers on the UL site I think, or else I'm thinking of Galway and DIT.

Advertisement