Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** CAO - a few important points! (Change Of Mind closes 5.15 1st July)***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

sammy12321 wrote: »
    hello all
    well i had my CAO applied but i didnt put in any courses yet, is there any chance that i put in on the 5th of may ?
    and i wonder what happen if i didn't put in any courses in the form and i get enough points for it, would i still able to attend to college after all ?

i think i am late for CAO application their are closed !! :(

You should be able to put non restricted entry courses on come tomorrow! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sammy12321

thx for advice !! but how :(
    i did click ---home > apply > it says

the 2011 CAO Application facility is now closed.

The Late closing date was 17:15 on the 1st of May.

The Normal closing date was 17:15 on the 1st of February.

will i able to contact them (CAO) and let them know about my saturation ???
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    You should be able to put non restricted entry courses on come tomorrow! :)

thx for advice !! but how :(
    i did click ---home > apply > it says

the 2011 CAO Application facility is now closed.

The Late closing date was 17:15 on the 1st of May.

The Normal closing date was 17:15 on the 1st of February.

will i able to contact them (CAO) and let them know about my saturation ???

Oh I thought you said you'd applied already?

Edit: Change of mind date is still the 5th May!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Ok, so I applied for CAO in January, and I want to change my first choice, but it says it's closed?

Is the only day I have left the 5th of May??

I know this is probably a silly question, but I'm going through CAO again due to making terrible decisions this year, and I really want to get it right this time, so I'm kinda panicking now :o

Ok, so I applied for CAO in January, and I want to change my first choice, but it says it's closed?

Is the only day I have left the 5th of May??

I know this is probably a silly question, but I'm going through CAO again due to making terrible decisions this year, and I really want to get it right this time, so I'm kinda panicking now :o

It's open from the 5th May until early July!

You'll be able to freely add any non restricted entry courses, and if you have restricted entry courses on your CAO, you can change their orders! :)

• Advertisement

It's open from the 5th May until early July!

You'll be able to freely add any non restricted entry courses, and if you have restricted entry courses on your CAO, you can change their orders! :)

Thanks a mil, honestly you've made me feel heaps better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

question - does the change of mind cost money?

i have been offered (mature student - offered direct from college, will also go thru cao) two of the courses on my list, and i was thinking of moving them around slightly so that they are higher up the list than others - when i first filled in some of the lower ones (below 4) were just pick an order, i didn't really know which order i wanted them in. i have a better idea now, and i know that one of the ones that have offered through the college i wanna move higher up just in case, so i'd be offered that over some of the others.

hdowney wrote: »
    question - does the change of mind cost money?

i have been offered (mature student - offered direct from college, will also go thru cao) two of the courses on my list, and i was thinking of moving them around slightly so that they are higher up the list than others - when i first filled in some of the lower ones (below 4) were just pick an order, i didn't really know which order i wanted them in. i have a better idea now, and i know that one of the ones that have offered through the college i wanna move higher up just in case, so i'd be offered that over some of the others.

Nope it doesn't cost money from the 5th of May onwards!

Is it opening at a certain time today? Cause it's still saying it's closed :confused::eek:

Never mind :)

• Advertisement

I got a letter from the CAO today, and on the front it says:
    "Examination Programme"
    LCE 11 #Exam Number

But then on the back it says something about subjects and codes, but none of my subjects are listed on the sheet.. Should they be? :confused:

^ I don't think so, but I can't remember much of the whole CAO thing at all so do not take my word for it :p

I have yet another question :rolleyes: Is it possible to delete/cancel/get rid of an online application to CAO?

I'm already in DCU but I want to reapply for a totally different course in case I fail my exams, and I just discovered today that for DCU, if you want to do that, you've to apply for CAO through the post :eek:

I applied online in February not knowing this at all, and you cant apply both ways sure you cant??

Stress aint the word.

got a list of the courses i had applied for before feb - and asking me to check that they were all right, as well as all my examination information.

there was also various bits of paper explaining different things, such as when the offers are out for different things.

and the change of mind form

hdowney wrote: »
    got a list of the courses i had applied for before feb - and asking me to check that they were all right, as well as all my examination information.

there was also various bits of paper explaining different things, such as when the offers are out for different things.

and the change of mind form

Yeah that's the one I got!

You see on the back it says a list of subjects and stuff?
    Were our subjects supposed to be listed on the front of that sheet? :confused:

Yeah that's the one I got!

You see on the back it says a list of subjects and stuff?
    Were our subjects supposed to be listed on the front of that sheet? :confused:

which coloured paper - the one that looks like leaving cert results has the list of the courses we chose and that on it. along with the exam results we may already have such as fetac and whatnot.

then the change of mind form has spaces - similar to the orginal cao for you to put your course choices - a section for level 8 with 10 spaces and a section for level 6/7 with 10 spaces

I emailed CAO today asking is it possible to cancel an online application and apply by post instead. This is what I got:

"Your application is in order. Its just that
    applicants that did not make an application by

1st May could make a paper application up to 22nd

July"

Anyone know that exactly that means? :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I emailed CAO today asking is it possible to cancel an online application and apply by post instead. This is what I got:

"Your application is in order. Its just that
    applicants that did not make an application by

1st May could make a paper application up to 22nd

July"

Anyone know that exactly that means? :o

As far as I can tell it means that you could apply online before May 1st but from after that you have to send them a paper application instead to be in by 22nd july

As far as I can tell it means that you could apply online before May 1st but from after that you have to send them a paper application instead to be in by 22nd july

Ok.. and the "your application is in order" bit, do you think that means they're cancelling my online one? Cause you cant apply online and by post..

Thanks for the reply btw :)

Ok.. and the "your application is in order" bit, do you think that means they're cancelling my online one? Cause you cant apply online and by post..

Thanks for the reply btw :)

I would have taken that as meaning all is fine with the online one and that you only need to apply by post if you're applying after May 1st personally so you might want to double check that! :)

I would have taken that as meaning all is fine with the online one and that you only need to apply by post if you're applying after May 1st personally so you might want to double check that! :)

I must give the educational officer in DCU a visit so :p Thanks again!

• Advertisement

I must give the educational officer in DCU a visit so :p Thanks again!

No probs!
    That's only my interpretation btw so it doesn't mean that I'm right!

hello all
    so i was told i could do External Candidate Application in any time , but the last day i was trying apply, the appliction is expire :eek: they ask me to send a email to them or a post. so i wonder what informations the email require ?:rolleyes:
    thank you ...

hello all
    so i was told i could do External Candidate Application in any time , but the last day i was trying apply, the appliction is expire :eek: they ask me to send a email to them or a post. so i wonder what informations the email require ?:rolleyes:
    thank you ...

If you haven't applied to the CAO already, you can't as far as I know!

If you haven't applied to the CAO already, you can't as far as I know!

ya i do have my CAO applied but now i looking for a place to do my leaving cert !!! do u have any advice ?

ya i do have my CAO applied but now i looking for a place to do my leaving cert !!! do u have any advice ?

Oh I'm not really sure about that. Maybe try contacting your local VEC?

I see your from Sligo, so this is the Sligo VEC number which I think deals with it, but I can't be 100% sure, sorry. :o 071 91 45025

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I see your from Sligo, so this is the Sligo VEC number which I think deals with it, but I can't be 100% sure, sorry. :o071 91 45025

I'm pretty sure that's gonna get 'snipped'? :rolleyes:

NotExactly wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's gonna get 'snipped'? :rolleyes:

Why? :confused:

It's a public number available anywhere online...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I thought that no number were allowed to be published but then realized this:

It's a public number available anywhere online

My bad :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Does anyone know what the points for engineering in DIT were last year? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

• Advertisement

mtb_kng wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the points for engineering in DIT were last year? Can't seem to find them anywhere.

do you have the course code there?

Advertisement