Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensing that a guy a guy is attracted to you

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I rarely know - can be a bit blind to it!!! The fact a guy is talking to me is not much different I go ut with guys a lot so just cause a guy is talking to me doesn't mean I assume they have the hots for me - when you assume you make an ass out of you and me :P

Probably is the self confidence thing Faith mentioned :rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Pembily wrote: »
    I rarely know - can be a bit blind to it!!! The fact a guy is talking to me is not much different I go ut with guys a lot so just cause a guy is talking to me doesn't mean I assume they have the hots for me - when you assume you make an ass out of you and me :P

Probably is the self confidencet thing Faith mentioned :rolleyes::eek:

That's a guddin :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I really disagree that women are generally better at knowing when someone is attracted to them. I think its all to do with setting. Its easy to know that someones into you when your in a pub or club.where generally women get hit on more. However, I think outside the pub its a bit more difficult to suss out who fancies you or not. I think maybe its an Irish thing, we're not very good flirting minus the alcohol!

I have a huge crush on this guy at the moment, just got to know him over the last two months and I am just clueless to whether he may like me or not. I wish I could read his mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭elleburp

Ive never mentioned to a girl an xgf i dont there no point for silly things like that :)
    He was trying to let me know that he was single :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭calibelle

Couple of years ago I met this fella through work, oh he was like my perfect man wandered out of my imagination....tall,dark hair, great smile, chatty and just all round yummy! We saw each other fairly often over a few months as he kept turning up in the shop I was managing at the time for really random things, one day he came in with a girl and I was gutted but an hour later he came back alone and made a big deal about telling me it was his sister an had no girlfriend to be buying Christmas pressies for......I was leaving the company that day and didn't mention it and it wasn't until I was on the way home I realised he liked me!!!! Too late then though!!!!
    The worst thing was he'd given me his mobile no a couple of weeks earlier in case I needed it for anything and I still didn't think to text him on the pretence of saying goodbye. Duh!!!!

So the moral of my story is if ya like someone let them know or it'll be too late.....sigh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Elle Collins

I don't know how good other women are at sensing this but I always know. I think though that it may have less to do with how skilled women are at picking up on it and more to do with how crap men are at hiding it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I can never tell that someone is attracted to me. I always just assume they're being friendly.

I'm usually told by a third party, and I'm usually amazed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Giselle wrote: »
    I can never tell that someone is attracted to me. I always just assume they're being friendly.

I'm usually told by a third party, and I'm usually amazed.:)
    Me two.

Always think I'm being pretty obvious when I fancy someone but apparently what I think is coming across as idiotic shyness (all blushy, blushy, cannot speak english anymore) comes across as ice maiden.

So, you never can really tell for sure.

calibelle wrote: »

So the moral of my story is if ya like someone let them know or it'll be too late.....sigh!!!

Ages ago (over a year and a half ago) I introduced myself to an incredibly hot lady that I am / was savagely attracted to in a nightclub, she completely ignored me which was a bit of a sh1tter. Recently got talking to her briefly in another nightclub, she was there in a big enough group, one of the men was her Dad :eek: I told her I was absolutely disgusted that he was her Dad, she asked why, I said that I couldn't chat her up in front of her Dad, I thought that was a fairly subtle way of letting her know I was interested without making a total spa of myself (she did ignore me completely ages ago). Anyway, f all happened after that so I now reckon she isn't remotely interested in RJ :( At least I know :) (cry)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Saw this thread on the front page and tbh it's enlightening. I'm not a total naïf as regards girls nor are my friends but even when we swap notes as it were we have no more an idea than ye do. "I think there could be something there. Could be wrong though ." We're not really subtle creatures, especially with alco-mohal on board, if we find you attractive there should be plenty of physical contact of one sort or another,even the shy lads, particularly as the Dutch courage sets in, little things like the hand on the arm or shoulder frequently.

• Advertisement
Advertisement