Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Gigs. Read OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

So is anyone actually heading to the Pav in cork tonight? Cannot WAIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Foals or The Walkmen monday?

Im thinking Walkmen cause who knows when they will be over again while Foals should be over in the next year or 2 again.. hmm decisions decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Gruff Rhys playing on Monday 15th November in the Sugar Club! I can't wait. Anyone heading?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Jesus there's a lot of gigs on this Monday the 15th!
    I myself will be heading to Local Natives in the village, I missed them when i was at the Isle of Wight festival and have been dying to see them since. Anyone else going?

(Their videos are quite....strange)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm off to foals on Monday but i'd be interested to hear about Walkmen and Gruff. Annoyed it's clashing but hey.. looking to see foals properly for the first time (not a festival).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm off to foals on Monday but i'd be interested to hear about Walkmen and Gruff. Annoyed it's clashing but hey.. looking to see foals properly for the first time (not a festival).
    foals are great live by their own. saw them at the ambassador a few moons ago. simply epic, total life forever would be amazing live. enjoy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

revz wrote: »
    Jesus there's a lot of gigs on this Monday the 15th!
    I myself will be heading to Local Natives in the village, I missed them when i was at the Isle of Wight festival and have been dying to see them since. Anyone else going?

Ah I really want to go but always a chalenge finding anyone to go with to gigs on mondays ;(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A chance to see the force that is Cloud Castle Lake for free! Have heard goo things anout GPO also. Will do my best to head along to this.
    State.ie

19th November in The Mercantile.

Have to agree with all the positive comments about Workmans, great little spot. Was there last night. And Wednesday! I will be doing some work there from January so I'll keep you all informed of anything good coming up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Another Workman's Club gig :)

Nina Nastasia plays there on 10/12 (Friday)

Tickets

I've got mine

Examples:

My favourite Nastasia tune....

This is from her latest album, pleasant video.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Grand Pocket Orchestra and Cloud, Castle, Lake are playing the Mercantile for free tomorrow.
    There are a good few gigs on Saturday, Adebisi Shank and Not Squares in the button factory.Abe Vigoda, Girls Names and No Monster Club somewhere else.There's another gig also that has slipped my mind.
    And Beach House on Monday in Vicar Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Klaxons at Tripod on Tuesday for 25e. Should be a belter, really liked their latest album but have heard little of their live performances. Should be thrilling nonetheless. Any idea if tickets will be still available at the door, few of my mates havent got their tickets yet.

Anyone else heading to this?

Just heard that Buck 65 is supporting Holy F*ck. I'll post up details later in work at the mo

This is on tonight night, can't make it off to a birf-day party instead- if anyone goes from here, let us know if it was great or not so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

10-4

Sweet wrote: »
    double post

I think it was a triple post at some point, mixed up threads and the youtube linking.I had a groggy day.

This is on tonight night, can't make it off to a birf-day party instead- if anyone goes from here, let us know if it was great or not so great.

Buck 65 was, er, unusual. I enjoyed his act for what it was - he didn't take himself too seriously - but I wouldn't be rushing out to buy any of his work.

Holy **** were great. There was loads of energy evident on stage (I'm not sure that the audience quite reflected this back) and little time for chat. They moved rapidly between songs - which were belted out at ear exploding levels (earplugs are a must have, kids). I haven't seen Whelan's as packed in quite a while, and for most of the time I was sandwiched and constricted between the sweaty hulk of the annoyingly tall audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Ali and the Dts in JJs Aungier street tonight. Pretty good. If you like blues/rock/soul. Probably a tenner in.

ASIWYFA + Fionn Regan + Jape in the Pavillion in Cork on Friday the 12th.

The are doing a tour aroudn Ireland, switching up the support/headline slots

The dublin leg of this is on tonight. I'm off to LCD so can't make it but..
    so last gig of fmc tour in whelans tonight.. we on at 9.15 for half hour set.. then i'm djing at after-party in button factory later on.. let's hope we don't have any tech problems and/or drunk guys saying i look like ronald mcdonald tonight.. xrich

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

off to see monsenior and the mcgetigans upstairs in whelans tonight, should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Think I may have misplaced my ticket for Klaxons, any idea on what to do in the event that I don't find it?

Buy a new one. While it is no harm to phone up the ticket vendor, I would be surprised if they made any allowance for negligence on the customers part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Sweet wrote: »
    Think I may have misplaced my ticket for Klaxons, any idea on what to do in the event that I don't find it?

Did you buy it from Ticketmaster?
    If so, and you bought it online, they should replace it
    If you bought it from an outlet, they won't

Not in the next two weeks but seeing as it will sell out quickly.
    Other Voices tickets go on sale in the morning.

http://www.state.ie/news/24226-other-voices-season-9

details here.

LCD were bitchin', as expected, but there was no Sh*t Robot, what's the crack with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkwhite

Tomorrow night at The Pint

Steven Young
    Steven Young is a talented songwriter, he's the singer of the Manchester band The Black Marquee. The band have already collaborated with the likes of The Verve, James Lavelle/UNKLE and more great collaborations are to be featured in their much awaited debut album, now in the making. You can visit Steven Young myspace page to listen to his songs and his soulful and original psychedelic lyrics, Steven worked with acclaimed London based musicians and also sang with Marianne Faithful.

www.myspace.com/stevenalbertyoung

+ Guests
    €10

Come.....:pac:

Anything good on next Sat night?

I think Titus Andronicus are playing this weekend also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

Grand Pocket Orchestra (not only one of my favourite local bands, but actually one of my favourite bands in the world) are playing with the excellent Groom and others on Wednesday, in the Grand Social.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=143061042408503

I saw Grand Pocket Orchestra on Friday and I am already excited to see them again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Sun Araw, playing The Joinery this Friday.

€10 at the door, BYOB

It's sort of.... drone stuff.

I really enjoy this song with it's afrobeat drumming

I'm too stupid to embed this video

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

smokedeels wrote: »
    Sun Araw, playing The Joinery this Friday.

€10 at the door, BYOB

It's sort of.... drone stuff.

I really enjoy this song with it's afrobeat drumming

I'm too stupid to embed this video

The Joinery is a nice spot for a gig. It's like being in someone's house.

Advertisement