Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings Waive Moss

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

You know my friend told me that Moss visited an orphanage and told all the kids there was no such thing as Santa

Then he kicked an old lady down the stairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

fisgon wrote: »
    Mike Silver of Yahoo Sports adds another layer to the Moss story...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-mossbehavior110210

As is the team’s custom on Fridays, a local food establishment was invited to the training facility to serve a catered, post-practice meal in the locker room. In this case, a St. Paul restaurant that is a favorite of former Vikings center Matt Birk(notes). As the proprietors helped serve chicken, ribs, pasta and other dishes to Vikings players, Moss paced up and down the serving line and loudly expressed his displeasure with the offerings.
    According to one player who witnessed the scene, Moss yelled, “What the [expletive]? Who ordered this crap? I wouldn’t feed this to my dog!”
    Said the witness: “It was brutal. The truth is, he deserved to be cut after that. It was such an uncomfortable moment. You know that feeling where you just can tell someone feels so small? That’s what it was like being there.
    “This wasn’t a chain – it was a mom-and-pop restaurant, and you could tell it was their best stuff. They had a special carving station set up, and there were players and other support staff lining up to eat it. And [Moss] is at his locker saying, ‘You know, I used to have to eat that crap – but now I’ve got money.’ You just felt so sad for them. I had never seen anyone treated like that.
    “And by the way, the food was actually really good.”
    While Moss had his share of supporters in the locker room, some Vikings had grown disillusioned with his attitude. From the receiver’s uneven effort in practice to his displays of self-centeredness off the field, some veterans believed Moss was becoming a bad influence to young players like second-year wideout Percy Harvin(notes).
    There was also locker room speculation about Moss’ effort – or lack thereof – on two plays in recent games. With the Vikes facing a last-gasp fourth-down pass in a 28-24 defeat to the Packers in Green Bay two Sundays ago, quarterback Brett Favre(notes) threw a high pass in the back of the end zone that sailed over Moss’ head, though it didn’t appear as though the receiver made an effort to jump for the ball.

Looks to me like he was just trying to get waived, throwing hissy fits, telling the Patriots how much he misses them. Would you really want this guy in your locker room? He totally could have caught that pass for a TD too, the one where he drew the PI call. Guy needs to grow up.

Obvious enigmatic Randy isn't the nicest guy in the world, but do people think other players - people in their mid-20s - are suddenly going to turn into mini-Moss'? I egarly await Harvin's slavish dedication to a black head cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,765 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Hazys wrote: »
    Well firstly his family still lives in Mass. so him not going back to Minnesota is nothing strange at all. So now its down to whether you believe that he was in New Jersey at all and personally when a reporter is already telling you lies about why he stayed in Boston then I tend not to believe the rest of his story.

I don't believe that other story about the restaurant either.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well firstly his family still lives in Mass. so him not going back to Minnesota is nothing strange at all. So now its down to whether you believe that he was in New Jersey at all and personally when a reporter is already telling you lies about why he stayed in Boston then I tend not to believe the rest of his story.

The man who owns that restaurant was on this week's Rich Eisen podcast. Seems genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

When do we find out if he's been waived?

NFL informs teams of the status of claims the next 45 mins at most.

Titans have put in a claim, Rams, Seahawks havent...so its between the Raiders and Miami before Titans

NFL informs teams of the status of claims the next 45 mins at most.

Titans have put in a claim, Rams, Seahawks havent...so its between the Raiders and Miami before Titans
    Titans?

That I wouldn't say no to!

Miami and Tampa put in claims for Merriman, but he's gone to Buffalo

Moss to Titans.

• Advertisement

Moss to Titans.

Pheeww at least he didnt go to the Jets, still in the AFC but oh well

Healthy Vince Young, healthy Kenny Britt, healthy Chris Johnson and a half-interested Randy Moss.

wanker.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Moss to Titans.

Fcuk!!!

I think that means that Britt's injury is pretty serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Would have liked him on the Bears roster for the last 9 games tbh.
    I'm suprised we didn't give it a go since Lovie is fighting for his job. It'd be a tough offense to learn so fast but Moss still would have been an improvement on what we have.

Why not?

Because Moss is such a nice, level headed guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

davyjose wrote: »
    Why not?

Yeah, exactly. The caterer was on Rich Eisen's podcast and he seemed pretty genuine.

Now perhaps it wasn't the main reason that Moss was let go, but I don't understand how anyone can believe that it didn't happen. Yahoo are a reputable outlet and if it wasn't true, the story would have been disputed by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

Yeah, exactly. The caterer was on Rich Eisen's podcast and he seemed pretty genuine.

Now perhaps it wasn't the main reason that Moss was let go, but I don't understand how anyone can believe that it didn't happen. Yahoo are a reputable outlet and if it wasn't true, the story would have been disputed by now.

Whilst the caterer story may be a sideshow ...Favre has spoken of the incident so it happened alrite ...along with other team members ...it was in the lockeroom after practice b4 everzone got ready to go

I think this is overdone as millionaire star athletes living in lala land arent renowned for the down to earth natures ...funny one of the most grounded is said to be mr mini van himself Philip Rivers ...but fans and fellow players hate the way he is cocky ...even ol Tom Brady fancies shopping on melrose more than boston these days ...not that many wud go against giselle haha

davyjose wrote: »
    Why not?

I'm not saying he didn't say anything but its been made out that he was walking up and down ranting for ages. He may have said something not nice but I don't believe for one minute that he would stick around ranting about something like this.

And we don't know what was happening before this, he may have just had words with Childress or something and was really ticked off going into the locker room. Its a very minor incident imo.

I think that means that Britt's injury is pretty serious.

jeez eagle mayb u shud take timeout for while...the restauranteur thing did happen

....kenny britt is a 1 gamer absence.....

but they are painfully thin at reciever after Britt and he is not a classic downfield threat ...Randy will attract double teams leaving Britt 1 on 1 ...also it means the opposition cant load 8 in the box and shud result in some longer carries for Johnson who has dropped back a little on his yds per carry...good signing for titans ...they have a strong coach with the most secure job in the NFL and he wont get to diva in the lockeroom as much

• Advertisement

I'm not saying he didn't say anything but its been made out that he was walking up and down ranting for ages. He may have said something not nice but I don't believe for one minute that he would stick around ranting about something like this.

And we don't know what was happening before this, he may have just had words with Childress or something and was really ticked off going into the locker room. Its a very minor incident imo.

thast why i say its a sideshow you are right its not the main thing ...still think chilly went out on a limb tho but moss did enuff as well...lot of circumstance converging

Minor incident in the grand scheme of things all right.

But put it this way. I wouldn't have believed his rants to the media either, had they not been to the media, and thus for the world to see/hear/read. The guy seems to be losing it, tbh.

Having said that, we have to meet him twice this season, and whatever his mindset now, he's always a threat on gameday.

neilster wrote: »

....kenny britt is a 1 gamer absence.....

but they are painfully thin at reciever after Britt and he is not a classic downfield threat ...Randy will attract double teams leaving Britt 1 on 1 ...also it means the opposition cant load 8 in the box and shud result in some longer carries for Johnson who has dropped back a little on his yds per carry...good signing for titans ...they have a strong coach with the most secure job in the NFL and he wont get to diva in the lockeroom as much
    Britt has become a downfield threat this season.

And he is out for week 10 already after their bye week so he is definitely out for two weeks minimum even though that only encompasses one game. Where did you get the news that he will be back after the Miami game?
    Titans head coach Jeff Fisher announced on Wednesday that receiver Kenny Britt will at least miss the Titans next game against Miami on November 14, following the bye.
    http://www.titansradio.com/Article.asp?id=2008382&spid=27572

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Healthy Vince Young, healthy Kenny Britt, healthy Chris Johnson and a half-interested Randy Moss.

wanker.gif

that team is a playoff team in 07 and 08 ...after the 0 6 record at the start of last season ...they have one of the highest records...Young is playing well...have a good backup in Collins ...a fine fine defense ...great against rush and a mean secondary ...sometimes filthy sometimes play hard ...i love Finnegan ...cud use some of that with us in Dallas

Great running game .. this will definitely help Johnson as it will mean Cover 2 , 3 , 6 will all have the Safeties playing a little deeper or closer to the sideline freeing the middle and that is what frees C Johnson..

.Britt is breaking out ...now Moss joins ...you might be surprised how hard he ll play if he sniffs a ring ... thats all he is interested in ... he wanted out of the vikes and knows how to get out

And he is out for week 10 already after their bye week so he is definitely out for two weeks minimum even though that only encompasses one game. Where did you get the news that he will be back after the Miami game?

and i agree that Britt has the speed to play the position hes not a slot guy but surely on the big downs theyll at least give the downfield ball to Moss ...well until he sulks again

this could end up being more than a one season thing

one of the blogs i think ...wot does profootballtalk say

neilster wrote: »
    that team is a playoff team in 07 and 08 ...after the 0 6 record at the start of last season ...they have one of the highest records...Young is playing well...have a good backup in Collins ...a fine fine defense ...great against rush and a mean secondary ...sometimes filthy sometimes play hard ...i love Finnegan ...cud use some of that with us in Dallas

Great running game .. this will definitely help Johnson as it will mean Cover 2 , 3 , 6 will all have the Safeties playing a little deeper or closer to the sideline freeing the middle and that is what frees C Johnson..

.Britt is breaking out ...now Moss joins ...you might be surprised how hard he ll play if he sniffs a ring ... thats all he is interested in ... he wanted out of the vikes and knows how to get out
    Fisher will demand no less than 100% from Randy Moss.

From a Titans standpoint, this season just got a whole lot more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I don't think even Brad Childress demanded 70% of Randy Moss, but when it comes down to it Randy Moss does as Randy Moss pleases. He might be on better behaviour given he's going to look like a fruit loop if the Titans were to drop him as well and his chances of a serious contract with a serious team would evaporate completely.

That said, the Titans have quietly and unglamourously been one of the top teams in the league over the last three seasons, barring that 0-6 non-start last year. I'd like to see them make the play-offs because they're the sort of team that could go on a Jets/Ravens-esque run if they make the cut.

If the titans truly believe they can tame him, then I see trouble ahead.

Fisher won't demand anything from Moss, he'll get what Moss gives him, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I see the Randy Moss - Kerry Collins partnership has been rekindled. Wasnt a great partnership the first time around!!!

Advertisement