Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking at Bus Stops should be banned

Options
  • 30-10-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Ya know what I hate? People who decide to have a cigarette at a bus stop, when there are loads of other people standing around waiting for their bus.
    We all have to stand there and inhale the filthy smoke, you can't get away from it either because you don't want to walk too far away from the bus stop, plus there's often wind pushing the smoke in your face. It's even worse when it's raining and people are squashed under a tiny bus shelter. Seems to happen every time I get a bus.

I just think it's so rude and ignorant.
    Anyone else agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'll tell you what's ignorant, anti-smoking nazis trying to monopolise every outdoor area in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I always smoke at bus stops.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

It should be illegal to smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I agree with the OP, if you want to smoke get out of the fcuking shelter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

I hate you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Let us ban everything, Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Move away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

You know whats worse, people visiting your house and smoke in it:mad:, so fecking ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

But bus stops are public places, so then they'd have to ban smoking in public. Not gonna happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

We all have to stand there and inhale the filthy smoke, you can't get away from it either because you don't want to walk too far away from the bus stop, plus there's often wind pushing the smoke in your face.

- No you don't have to stand there. Walk a few feet away. No one is saying jog across the road.

- Surely if there is wind just stand up wind from it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Ya know what I hate? People who decide to have a cigarette at a bus stop, when there are loads of other people standing around waiting for their bus.
    We all have to stand there and inhale the filthy smoke, you can't get away from it either because you don't want to walk too far away from the bus stop, plus there's often wind pushing the smoke in your face. It's even worse when it's raining and people are squashed under a tiny bus shelter. Seems to happen every time I get a bus.

Anyone else agree?

it is people like you that have this country in a mess. it's people like you that will have people banned from coughing in public next. people are entitled to smoke outside in the open if you don't like it move away from that person the air will blow the smoke away. i'm sick of assholes like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

phasers wrote: »
    I agree with the OP, if you want to smoke get out of the fcuking shelter

Cigarettes don't work when they're wet though :p

flash1080 wrote: »

It should be illegal to make posts such as this.

Anyone else agree?

Hey everyone she's who started the recession.^:mad:

/angry mob noises...

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

- No you don't have to stand there. Walk a few feet away. No one is saying jog across the road.

I do stand away. I hardly stand up right beside them, The smoke travels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Stand up wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Yeah just think if the loss to the exchequer and the massive profits to be made by criminal gangs, deck it let's ban milk too and news papers while we're at it.

It's a public place outdoors, if it annoys you that much either ask the person to stand away from you or move yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

While I agree with you in theory, I'd rather the government taxed something I didn't do than something I did. Which would happen if they banned it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

No buddy, take your death sticks and stand downwind of me. It's your addiction, you can move.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

God love ya, I don't smoke myself but I don't really give a **** if people do or not, it's their own choice, sure we put up with it for how many years...

Make sure and have a long shower AnneElizabeth....

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hey everyone she's who started the recession.^:mad:

/angry mob noises...

Burn the witch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

You know whats worse, people visiting your house and smoke in it:mad:, so fecking ignorant.

You know whats worse people who don't have the balls to tell someone to get the Fu(k out of their house when they light up.

Bucklesman wrote: »
    It's your addiction, you can move.

It's your problem, you can move.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I don't think that it should be banned, but it is very annoying when a load of people are in a bus shelter and someone starts smoking, and on several occassions the smell has gottten into my hair and clothes which pisses me off a lot. If they could just not smoke in the shelter, or even turn away from people when they're smoking then it'd be fine. Banning it would be a bit far though, and unnecessary.

harumph harumph harumph harumph harumph harumph....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

What if there's a queue for the bus? Should I have to leave the queue just because you want to smoke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

It's gas, the you'll find the very same people that give out about smokers and the smell of smoke out in the smoking areas of clubs, pubs and bars most weekends.

I find the smell of cheap perfume or people farting way more offensive, can we ban that too?

Aldebaran wrote: »
    What if there's a queue for the bus? Should I have to leave the queue just because you want to smoke?

Should I move just because I want to smoke?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The next thing you know, farting will be banned with that mentality - and I say that as a non-smoker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Should I move just because I want to smoke?

It would be the decent thing to do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement