Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The First Date Shag Consequences..

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ok can we steer this back on topic please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Annapolska I've deleted your post as it was off topic and was posted three hours after the instruction above to get back on topic. Feel free to start another thread on it if you wish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 annapolska

Apologies- hadn't read all the way through to your post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'll get this back on topic. For me yes if I shagged a girl on the first date I probably wouldn't consider her for a long term relationship. I myself do not try to go out and bed as many women as possible, I have had a couple of one night stands to try them out but did not enjoy them at all and funny enough after both I had 0 intention of seeing those girls again. So yeah, I think if there's no build up to the sex then it's a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Like stated on the first page of this thread. I think even the ugliest girl could get sex on any given night where as for guys you have to be good looking or just get lucky. There for that 'double' standard exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

OutlawPete wrote: »
    If you are getting that from my posts, it is becuade you that is what you wanted to get from them.
    Your entire response appears to be a denial. You're not actually refuting anything I have written, only denied it.
    If you want to think that I believe men are "superior" than women and that they 'have their place and women have theirs' - so be it, good for you. Not a chance am I going to engage in a yes-you-do-no-I-don't exchange till kingdom come.
    I'm not going to try to define exactly what you believe in, however it is clear that you do still hold to some degree of chauvinism. This has probably blinded you to the fact that to wish to cherish and protect women is ironically putting them on a pedestal too, despite your belief that it is not.

When I first responded to your postings, it was this irony I wanted to highlight. TBH, I wouldn't have bothered if I'd known how you'd have reacted.
    I bid you good day Sir.
    Next you'll be demanding satisfaction...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Iv just come across this thread and find it interesting.

I have to say that if I like a guy I wont sleep with him for a the first while.
    I dont really know why its not deliberate or planned its just how things have happened with my last 2 bf's.

On the other hand if I dont think much of him Ill just straight in there ;)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/thf_media/2003/pdf/Bookofcharts.pdf

Some research on female promiscuity and its effect on divorce rates in the US
    10,000 women in the study, what is interesting is that a study on men showed different results! i.e men are different to women hence the double standard.

This kind of backs the idea that if a guy is out for a long term relationship he doesnt want someone "loose" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Stink on the inside

the above link of charts and facts stinks of something from a 'no sex before marriage'' religious group.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

For me I usually know if I want to see a girl again,doesn't really matter if we've had sex on the first date.If I liked her alot,it wouldn't be a problem.Although I can see where people are coming from not wanting a relationship with them

the above link of charts and facts stinks of something from a 'no sex before marriage'' religious group.

hope your right! Its based on a US department of health survey which i would assume would be reputable.

Though if you could point out some flaw in it I would be seriously happy with you!!!!
    The study is based on the National Survey of Family Growth, a survey fielded in 1995 to a
    nationally representative sample of roughly 10,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44, sponsored
    and funded by the Centers for Disease Control of the U.S. Department of Health and
    Human Services.

All I can think is that divorce rates in the US are gonna be a hell of alot higher than here so maybe their charts for partners V marriage success rates are too extreme for Ireland but the trend is most likely similiar !! And that trend would follow with why some men dont see a "loose" woman as "marriage material"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I think that's a bit unfair on the report from my reading of it. It's main jist seems to be that people who wait until they're older to have sex seem to have a happier sex life which isn't something terribly bad is it? You often hear of people saying they regret having sex so young. The report never says 'wait until marriage', it just seems to be saying that people who choose to wait until they are older (whether they be single, in a relationship, married etc.) have a more positive sex life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

The OP says 1st date shag consequences.

Met this girl in my local, though i did not know her, had seen her in before. Went to my flat with her. Went into bar the next day and was told bu rew that she was a boiler rabbit. Bloody not half. Stalked me for about a year. One time, thinking this would get rid of her i told her i was getting back with my wife. She knew were my then wife worked and sent her a letter witch her boss opened! Did not go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

getzls wrote: »

Met this girl in my local, though i did not know her, had seen her in before. Went to my flat with her. Went into bar the next day and was told bu rew that she was a boiler rabbit. Bloody not half. Stalked me for about a year. One time, thinking this would get rid of her i told her i was getting back with my wife. She knew were my then wife worked and sent her a letter witch her boss opened! Did not go down well.

LOL!

Do you mean a Bunny Boiler? "Boiler Rabbit". :D I can see this one entering into the general lexicon and no-one knowing how the term originated.

Bunny Boiler comes from the film "Fatal Attraction" in which Glenn Close's character starts stalking Michael Douglas' character after a one nighter and breaks into his family home and puts his daughter's pet rabbit onto boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

getzls wrote: »

Dont bump old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement