Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 5 Mile 30/1/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

JosDel wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can enter on the day for €25.00

I thought it was €30 but I could be wrong.

I had entered but cannot do it now due to a calf injury.:mad: It's one of my "must do" races and I hate having to miss it.

Best of luck to those of you who are running it. Weather looks as if will be OK so have a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

4 stars (good)
    geld wrote: »
    I thought it was €30 but I could be wrong.

I had entered but cannot do it now due to a calf injury.:mad: It's one of my "must do" races and I hate having to miss it.

Best of luck to those of you who are running it. Weather looks as if will be OK so have a good one.

Sorry you are correct, it's the paddys day that is an extra 5 on the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭sarsfieldsrock

3 stars (average)
    Damn, only saw a sign for this earlier and went to enter but registration is closed since 6pm. :(

You can enter on the day for €30 before 1:30.

http://www.activeglobal.com/ie/running/dublin-ireland/the-axa-raheny-5-road-race-2011/128372

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Any results for this yet?? Did Joe Sweeney run??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

3 stars (average)
    Good race, results in tomorrows Independent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

tang1 wrote: »

Joe Sweeney 23.23ish Sean Connolly sub 24. Perfect conditions today and a great race

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭emerald007

Provisional Results

great race again by raheny ac today. i alway like the xx min and 59 second finishes

emerald007 wrote: »
    Provisional Results

great race again by raheny ac today. i alway like the xx min and 59 second finishes

NOOOOO!!!!!!! my clock time one second off chip time meaning i equalled my PB rather than broke it back to the drawing board:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Can a mod add a poll?

4 stars (good)
    emerald007 wrote: »
    Provisional Results

I dont see my name or number on the list ?

Number 809 finishing time by my garmin 39:19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Problem with mine too - my name shows up, with the wrong number and finish time.

4 stars (good)
    I just sent RS an email..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Really enjoyed this today, 42:03 for me. Probably the slowest boardsie but 2 mins faster than last year so I'm happy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mucky13

3 stars (average)
    Duffyshuffler, The garmin is always King ,dont mind the raheny time chip..You are a sub 30 man for sure..!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mucky13

3 stars (average)
    Great race and superb conditions,first timer running it today and was very impressed and I joined the sub 30 club happy days ..one thing I didnt like was the charge for the race,my mate paid 30 euro on the day which I think is madness,getting punished for not having credit card..and I deffo think they should be doin t-shirts/compression tops or something.. Rahtfarnham 5km is 15 euro and frst 800 finishers got a class compression top !!
    I did love the banshee bones though:)
    well done to everyone!

4 stars (good)
    If there is anybody from the organising committee looking in, Here is proof I ran the race, before the Indo goes to print..I have also sent an email to Raheny Shamrocks.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/65870543

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 stars (average)
    Nice race again and a PB for me. My only criticism was the stewarding. At times they were sending us up onto footpaths, hence cutting corners. When I am pretty the racing line was on the road. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

4 stars (good)
    mucky13 wrote: »
    Great race and superb conditions,first timer running it today and was very impressed and I joined the sub 30 club happy days ..one thing I didnt like was the charge for the race,my mate paid 30 euro on the day which I think is madness,getting punished for not having credit card..and I deffo think they should be doin t-shirts/compression tops or something.. Rahtfarnham 5km is 15 euro and frst 800 finishers got a class compression top !!
    I did love the banshee bones though:)
    well done to everyone!

I thought it was a fine goody bag. Plenty to eat/drink after the race, gels, recovery drink, energy bars etc. And a plaque. Which they detailed in the race description. If it doesn't say there will be a t-shirt, there won't be one. There is no 'punishment' for not having a credit card. Your friend could always have asked someone else to book it for him.

Well done on the sub-30. Great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jacquib

tang1 wrote: »
    Joe Sweeney won the won. He nearly broke the course record. Sean Connolly 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Some pictures from today.

215BCA9AB93F488B9DB412EC1A25AF24-0000322009-0002144792-00480L-6BE54871A41A43ED974A2913A959443F.jpg

C5F87B835E724C018F04EE7467697CA6-0000322009-0002144791-00480L-677F488E341848B69F7C207E023F64D4.jpg

92991961B2AA42A38621879545DE1F5F-0000322009-0002144790-00480L-A30A44874F33426BAA1DE47830EEBBB0.jpg

B7B253EDB22C4F539299D21F8DE983EB-0000322009-0002144789-00480L-40C31E8ACD864748894B3A1986732CED.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

menoscemo wrote: »
    . When I am pretty the racing line was on the road.

meno, you're always pretty....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nice race again and a PB for me. My only criticism was the stewarding. At times they were sending us up onto footpaths, hence cutting corners. When I am pretty the racing line was on the road. Perhaps someone can confirm this?

If it's the turn onto Sybil Hill Road: I'm sure the course is measured on the footpath as required by the Gardai for safety reasons. Someone from Raheny Shamrocks will probably confirm.

If it's the turn onto Sybil Hill Road: I'm sure the course is measured on the footpath as required by the Gardai for safety reasons. Someone from Raheny Shamrocks will probably confirm.

There is one of the turns i know for certain that the foot path is actually the race line cant remember which one though

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭MaroonTam

Enjoyed the race today. Nice conditions and a good PB...

I think the organising comittee need to have a wee look at the start. it was very congested and a bit disorganised (very start/stop getting over the start).

My provisional chip time is ten seconds slower than my own watch which is very odd, normally they re good to within a couple of seconds. In saying that, I did not see a start mat - are the chip times gun to mat? (rather than mat to mat), that would explain the difference I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 stars (average)
    eliwallach wrote: »
    meno, you're always pretty

@ hard worker. Stewards sent us onto footpaths when coming from Watermill rd onto All Saints Rd (mile 4.5) and from All Saints rd onto Wades Av (mile 4.8). Most people also cut the corner from watermill Rd onto Howth Rd (mile 0.8) and howth Rd onto Sybill Hill Rd (mile 1.6).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

MaroonTam wrote: »
    My provisional chip time is ten seconds slower than my own watch which is very odd, normally they re good to within a couple of seconds. In saying that, I did not see a start mat - are the chip times gun to mat? (rather than mat to mat), that would explain the difference I suppose.

There was a start mat. Considering you didn't see it you probably started your watch a few seconds after you went over it and that's why your watch time is faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

4 stars (good)
    Great race, well organised with a good atmosphere. Was happy with the goody bag, it's not many races that give out a plaque nowadays.

I think it's only right that if you enter on the day you should pay more. A lot less hassle with people who pre register, turn up with your confirmation and you are given your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    31.39 for me so i'll take that as a 52 secs PB:D. 187th (181th on time):D:D

The start mats were well before the finish line and they were two of them as i spotted them when warming up. Great course, fine goody bag - Rolos:D and a plaque. There's more to races than t-shirts in my opinion.

The last two years they also sent people up the pavements on the bends so i'm taking it that they always do that.

Well done Raheny, a fine job and ye had another nice day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

4 stars (good)
    31:14 or so for me, had some stomach problems which scuppered my sub 30. I had it in the legs, but every time I upped the pace I'd get cramps. So not too disappointed. As the race is my local there's actually a bit of pressure, it's quite a spectacle to see so many people outside your front door!

I really enjoyed the race commentary by Dick at the start, looked over to the side and sure there's Jerry Kiernan just hanging around. Great atmosphere and organisation from the lads as far as I could see, hope everyone enjoyed it. Perfect day for the it, there seemed to PBs all over the place, even from the guys who have been running for quite some time.

Note - I'm highly biased in all of the above :)

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Just looking at the Indo results, I dont see my results, ....Not to happy with this, After the provision results came out I sent 2 emails to Raheny Shamrock's with a link to my garmin time and number...I feel a bit cheated here....Not happy at all

Advertisement