Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 5 Mile 30/1/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

4 stars (good)
    Just entered, Last 5 miler i did was the BHAA RTE last year 1st time...I clocked 42:30..I think I can better that, can run 4 mile in 32:55

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

4 stars (good)
    I'll be doing an hour easy pace (8:00) straight after this on Sunday if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

4 stars (good)
    MisterDrak wrote: »
    Cool, sounds like a plan... See you at 6:30pm...

Dont know about a "few laps"... A fast 5m, and a couple of wade Ave will do me... My recovery time aint the same as you young folk...

cool, see you then. Don't worry I'll go easy on you (as easy as you went on me on Sunday!)

4 stars (good)
    cwgatling wrote: »
    I'll be doing an hour easy pace (8:00) straight after this on Sunday if anyone is interested.

I hope do squeeze my LSR in on the day after. Easier said than done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

christeb wrote: »
    want to meet at the club at 6:30 and see can we rope the lads to do a couple of laps of the course? 5m is a bit short for me

I'll be up for that. Dont know about the couple of laps but will deffo do 1 lap!.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

3 stars (average)
    cwgatling wrote: »

That sounds like a good plan. I'm put off doing this if I don't get extra miles in, would be easier with others around. Though I'm not sure if I can run successive 8:00 miles anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

4 stars (good)
    Cool. Doesn't have to be 8:00! I'll be dying after the race anyway, and the plan calls for 5 mile tempo + 1hr easy.

4 stars (good)
    JosDel wrote: »
    Just entered, Last 5 miler i did was the BHAA RTE last year 1st time...I clocked 42:30..I think I can better that, can run 4 mile in 32:55

Just checked the McMillan calculator...Based on my most recent PB for 5k 24:39 it has my 5m time at 40:51.....08:10 pace...That gives me something to aim for..

4 stars (good)
    Just wondering is a area to leave my sports bag as I will be making my way there on the dart on my own?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Are they taking entries on the day?

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    JosDel wrote: »
    Just wondering is a area to leave my sports bag as I will be making my way there on the dart on my own?
    Yes there'll be changing facilities, just don't bring any valuables of course
    tunguska wrote: »
    Are they taking entries on the day?
    Yes sir - €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Yes sir - €25.

Cool. Cheers dude.

4 stars (good)

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Scholesy1981

Thinking bout registering in advance for this, im driving from Galway so im just wondering what the cut off time then for picking up number and chip is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

tunguska wrote: »
    Cool. Cheers dude.

You running it? Should be a good one though after hearing who entered in it half of me is kinda wishing i wasnt racing just so i could watch should be a cracking race with a load of the big lads turning up.

4 stars (good)
    Thinking bout registering in advance for this, im driving from Galway so im just wondering what the cut off time then for picking up number and chip is??

1430 very latest and you should be OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

3 stars (average)

Will that be the same for people registering on the day?

4 stars (good)
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Will that be the same for people registering on the day?

can't say for sure, but if you're nice to us I'm sure we can let you in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Going to finally give this a go, I've had it on the list for the last few years but never got around to it. I got a mountain bike race sun morning though, so its going to be fun trying to get sub 29mins after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Timmaay wrote: »
    Going to finally give this a go, I've had it on the list for the last few years but never got around to it. I got a mountain bike race sun morning though, so its going to be fun trying to get sub 29mins after that!

You just need to run the 1st 2miles like you did tonight followed by 3 x 6min miles ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)

But if you're driving, finding parking at that time could be a real pain in the arse.

4 stars (good)
    fcuk it I think I'm coming down with the flu, I feel like shiit today...hope to be OK for the race...

4 stars (good)
    RayCun wrote: »
    But if you're driving, finding parking at that time could be a real pain in the arse.

Do a Google maps search for All Saints Drive - you can park in the estate anywhere around there and it's close to the start. There'll be plenty of space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Thinking of giving this a go as its almost a local race.

Never ran a 5 mile race before so haven't a clue how to approach it. Might give it a lash and attempt sub 34 with a high risk of blowing up after 5km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Scholesy1981

well I'll be leaving Galway at around 10 so hopefully should be in Raheny between 12 and 1, that way hopefully I wont be spinning around for ages looking for parking! That estate safe enough so christeb is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

4 stars (good)
    well I'll be leaving Galway at around 10 so hopefully should be in Raheny between 12 and 1, that way hopefully I wont be spinning around for ages looking for parking! That estate safe enough so christeb is it??

Hey this is Raheny FFS, not the Bronx, :p. Yea it should be fine. it will be a Sunday afternoon and there will be sh!t loads around, so not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

4 stars (good)
    I'll be volunteering before and after so not sure if I'll be in the pub - if I do get a chance then the Watermill is the best bet (across the road from the SuperValu in Raheny village). My gaff is 100m from the start-line, I love this race :)

I will be helping out after too, but yea, would be interested in meeting up for a pint later, any of Raheny's watering holes suits me.

4 stars (good)
    Macanri wrote: »
    Hey this is Raheny FFS, not the Bronx, :p. Yea it should be fine. it will be a Sunday afternoon and there will be sh!t loads around, so not to worry.

don't forget to give the local kids a couple of euro to mind your car MISTUUR !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

Damn, only saw a sign for this earlier and went to enter but registration is closed since 6pm. :(

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    Damn, only saw a sign for this earlier and went to enter but registration is closed since 6pm. :(

I'm pretty sure you can enter on the day for €25.00

Advertisement