Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon BW Players Thread SPOILERS

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I've been trying to remain spoilerless for the new games so haven't read this thread, but I can't believe it never occurred to me to ask until now: ARE THEY GOOD!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I've been trying to remain spoilerless for the new games so haven't read this thread, but I can't believe it never occurred to me to ask until now: ARE THEY GOOD!?

The games or the 'mons?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I've been trying to remain spoilerless for the new games so haven't read this thread, but I can't believe it never occurred
    to me to ask until now: ARE THEY GOOD!?

The games: Oh god yes.

The 'mon: I personally amn't attached to any of them but maybe when they come out in English and I get to know their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

So which is more fun? Triple or rotation battles?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

SamIAmNot wrote: »
    So which is more fun? Triple or rotation battles?

I might get excommunicated for saying this but I'm not really a fan of either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

how come atavan?

( I'm still waiting on the game to try'em but they look like they really give an edge and that you'll have to think of pokemon moves and how they'll 'pair up'.....but idk...
    I do think, I'll probably avoid them..as one of my favourite things about pkmn is not having to think & concentrate all that much >.< )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Personally I found rotation battles a little too chaotic. You can't plan since you don't know who you're going to be hitting with your moves. There's more luck than strategy involved since you're guessing what your opponent might do, whether they're going to anticipate that move and counter or anticipate that you anticipated that they'd do that, then you have to counter their false counter or brazen it out or... or just play one on one like God and Arceus always intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I have a question, when can you send over pokemon from the other games? Is it after main story or after you beat the league?

how come atavan?

Personally I didn't think they added muchh to the gameplay and they can get confusing. But that's just me! Wait and try them out come March :D
    SamIAmNot wrote: »
    I have a question, when can you send over pokemon from the other games? Is it after main story or after you beat the league?

After the main story, but to be more specifiic:
    when you're free to roam the other half of the island.

Haven't played White since before christmas. Must play it for a while before the release over here!

Good question. Since beating the league and clearing the story are practically the same thing (hey, it does say "spoilers" in the thread title! But just in case
    it's hard to tell what with it only being in hiragana but I don't think you get entered into the hall of fame until after you beat the big-bad 'cause there's no champion so to speak. I was sleep deprived when I faced off against him though so I may be misremembering
    ) I don't think it'll matter much in practice but I can't remember. Does anyone have japanese 4th gen carts to upload from? I never tried to use the system 'cause it's region locked and I only have EU 4th gen carts.

• Advertisement

Feeble apologies for the double post - the Yop wifi event has started. I can't remember what you call the big werewolf-looking illusion-beasts (Zoarork?) but the prevolution name is YOP in hiragana. And they're giving one away RIGHT NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Banjo wrote: »
    Does anyone have japanese 4th gen carts to upload from? I never tried to use the system 'cause it's region locked and I only have EU 4th gen carts.
    I have a Japanese Diamond version, to go with the Japanese Black. Using the Pokéshifter is good fun and not as annoying as some sites make out. It's better than spending ages finding a Pal Parked Pokémon hiding in some odd square of grass/water/etc. The only bad thing is you need two DSes to use the damn thing, but on the upside you control the Pokéshifter using the second DS. Brilliant as the DS lite I am using has the dodgiest touch screen I have ever come across!

Advertisement