Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there such a pathological hatred of cats in Irish society?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Because they're scheming evil rodents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Dog comes into house gets mud on carpet.
    Cat scratches around in litter box and jumps up on tables & counter tops.
    Which is dirtier, mud on carpet or cat pi*s & sh*t on table?
    I like dogs & cats, but consider cats dirtier. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

cats might look 'cute' and behave 'funny' but they're deadly.

I'll actually agree with this statement.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss199/QcGuy2002/Kitty_with_a_gun.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

newmug wrote: »
    I can never understand how anyone would let ANY animal indoors. Its just not right. Reminds me of a story - One morning, going to work, I open the back door and 4 fcukin young cats try to burst in. I managed to shoo 3 of them away, but one vile fcuker got in. He ran under the couch, up the curtains, across the table knocking a few things as he went, everywhere! I couldnt get him. Eventually he made a burst for the back door, back to the outside. My back door is glass nearly all the way to the bottom, he lambasted himself off it! I was fuming at this dirty cretin, so I picked him up by the tail to throw him out. While I was carrying him out, he was all "meow, meow", real nice and cute like, as if to say "i'm only a poor lickle kitty, pweeeeze let me go". I was just about to, when he revealed his true intentions, and started hissing and spitting and clawing at my leg. Well, I had reached my limit, and I drop-kicked the fcuker ala Ronan O'Gara. He spun through the air head over tail, probably saw Dublin from his altitude, and came down head first on a window-sill at the far end of the house. I felt bad for doing it the minute my foot made contact, but they're exactly the buttons cats press when they behave the way they do, and thats the consequences. Needless to say all 9 of his lives evaporated instantly. I felt bad afterwards, and I still do. Obviously, it was me and my mindset that was at fault, not the dumb animal. So OP, reading this, compare it to what you would have done and how you would have behaved. Maybe it will give you an insight into the thinking behind why people hate them so much.

So not only did you feel the need to hurt the animal, you also killed it for no other reason than inconveniencing you...

I think this says a whole lot more about yourself than it does about cats.

I can never understand how anyone would let ANY animal indoors. Its just not right. Reminds me of a story - One morning, going to work, I open the back door and 4 fcukin young cats try to burst in. I managed to shoo 3 of them away, but one vile fcuker got in. He ran under the couch, up the curtains, across the table knocking a few things as he went, everywhere! I couldnt get him. Eventually he made a burst for the back door, back to the outside. My back door is glass nearly all the way to the bottom, he lambasted himself off it! I was fuming at this dirty cretin, so I picked him up by the tail to throw him out. While I was carrying him out, he was all "meow, meow", real nice and cute like, as if to say "i'm only a poor lickle kitty, pweeeeze let me go". I was just about to, when he revealed his true intentions, and started hissing and spitting and clawing at my leg. Well, I had reached my limit, and I drop-kicked the fcuker ala Ronan O'Gara. He spun through the air head over tail, probably saw Dublin from his altitude, and came down head first on a window-sill at the far end of the house. I felt bad for doing it the minute my foot made contact, but they're exactly the buttons cats press when they behave the way they do, and thats the consequences. Needless to say all 9 of his lives evaporated instantly. I felt bad afterwards, and I still do. Obviously, it was me and my mindset that was at fault, not the dumb animal. So OP, reading this, compare it to what you would have done and how you would have behaved. Maybe it will give you an insight into the thinking behind why people hate them so much.

I seriously hope you don't have kids, you sound like a fúcking psychopath to be honest. I would suggest you seek professional help for your anger issues and violent outbursts.

• Advertisement

On a lighter note...MOAR KATZ!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

They say serial killers first started out by killing animals for the fun of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

This just makes me sick. How can you possibly boast about killing an innocent cat? And then saying that the cat asked for it by 'behaving the way they do'. You're the one who should be drop kicked, and your confession above only serves to give me an insight into your sick head unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Probably just a trolling keyboard warrior who never did that, but imagine the same thing being said here in relation to a dog...

Oh yeah and hissing and spitting in a defensive way while being attacked - whatever next?! The ****er deserved to die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There are lots of people here, including me, that would love to teach you the error of your ways.

Then we'd see just how you fare against a living thing your own size.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dog comes into house gets mud on carpet.
    Cat scratches around in litter box and jumps up on tables & counter tops.
    Which is dirtier, mud on carpet or cat pi*s & sh*t on table?
    I like dogs & cats, but consider cats dirtier. ;)
    Dogs can't clean their arses, cats can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Weren't cats once associated with witchcraft? Witchcraft being something that the Catholic church didn't exactly like and Ireland once being a deeply Catholic country, maybe people disliked them because of the witch thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Sister has two. They used to live in my shed. Great I thought there'll be no rats, right? Wrong. Rats bored a hole under the floor of the shed, and started opening barley bags. Cats got evicted poste haste, trapped the rats myself, two problems solved.

Dogs sh1t on paths because of their owners either letting them stray or only walking them on paths. Cats sh1t in places you least expect then hide it for you to find with un-gloved hands. Or leave it for kids to find and get sick.

Cats go where they like and do what they like - cats get in the way. The overly PC crowd on here will get their knickers in a twist if I make that comparison...

Never had a dog run into this house. Often had cats not only run into the house but;
    Scratch the sh1t out of furniture,
    Hide themselves upstairs and p1ss all over everything,
    Walk on all the kitchen surfaces,
    Run up and knock over the Christmas tree.

Cats kill many birds & frogs each year.

They wake people up in the middle of the night with their bloody screeching.

In short, cats are redundant, evil, selfish, smelly, noisy wastes of space.

That enough reasons for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Dudess wrote: »

Cats 'clean' their arses with their tongue, which they then use to groom their fur. So they quite efficiently spread whatever ghastly germs inhabit their arses all over themselves. Their mouths are as filthy as their arses! :(

Then people RUB them, let them sleep in their beds, touching their pillows, roaming on the counter tops, sitting on the couch!!!

Cats are without doubt pretty creatures, but my policy is 'look but dont touch' . Cat owners seem to be oblivious to the inherant unhygienicness of them.

I never accept food or drinks in a house where kitty resides!!!

Dogs lick their balls but remain on the floor. Good doggy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Whenever I read any of the posts in this thread about animal germs, I'm put in mind of those stagy cleaning ads where you see the kid playing on the counter and the camera suddenly zooms down to microscope (to OTT Jaws music) to show loads of bacteria rustling ominously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I have a cat. I remember waking up one morning, and seeing some prick from across the street taunting my cat up a tree while he was bringing his dog for a walk. I was going to kick him up and down the street. I went out and he walked off with his head down. I have a cat and a dog - and the dog is far more of a handful. The cat just sleeps, and meows when it wants to go out or wants food. The dog barks at 6am at the first sight of morn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Demonique wrote: »
    Weren't cats once associated with witchcraft? Witchcraft being something that the Catholic church didn't exactly like and Ireland once being a deeply Catholic country, maybe people disliked them because of the witch thing?

Yeh black cats were the victims solely based on their colour. Back then anything black human or animal was victimised, shows you how backward society was in the middle ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I don't hate cats but I don't like them either. A dog is far better, you can interact with it to an extent, show me a cat that can give the paw, lie down, sit etc when told to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Dogs are loyal, cats aren't.

Also a cat scratched my Dad's face up once for no reason.
    dogs>>>>>>cats

(I like cats though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

i have two cats,i think they are great
    cats are good company too.
    i just hate when they try to bite my headphone wire:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Pookah wrote: »
    It's possibly a left-over from the prehistoric age when big cats stalked us, manifesting in the hypothalamus part of the brain.

Cat-lovers are therefore more evolved, according to this theory.

i always knew there was something behind my disdain for those vile creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

VinnyTGM wrote: »
    I don't hate cats but I don't like them either. A dog is far better, you can interact with it to an extent, show me a cat that can give the paw, lie down, sit etc when told to do it.

Why would they want to do that?:pac:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Why would they want to do that?:pac:

Cause dog people have a hard time accepting anything that won't obey? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Why is there such a pathological hatred of cats in Irish society?

Because they are the spawns of Satan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Dudess wrote: »

It's not their arses cats should clean, it's their feet.

For some reason we seem to be the only animals that need to clean our arses after every "movement", (one of the reasons I don't believe a god created us).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

So to summarise.

Cats own people and people own dogs.

People who live in cats houses are controlled by cats.
    People owned by cats dont mind rubbing fur soaked in anus juice.

Dog people can eat safely at home.
    Dog people can pat the top of the dogs head without fear of anus juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

It makes me laugh when people bleat on about how loyal dogs are, when half the time, their own dogs are kept on a chain in the back garden.
    He's loyal, is he? He's chained up, he hardly has much choice!

Part of the reason people dislike cats is because, like people, you have to earn a cat's respect and affection. Some people have this insecure little need to feel loved and be adored and worshipped for no reason, which is why they prefer dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Shenshen wrote: »
    Title says it all, really.

I've never met so many people with such a dislike and hatred of cats anywhere else

You have not been to Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Spain, or Malta then.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cats are just generally selfish, disloyal and more or less worthless. They can't gaurd, shepherd or guide and are virtually untrainable due to their stupidity. They are truly good at killling any small bird or animal, just for the fun of it rather than throuh any survival need. Natures true serial killers indeed!

• Advertisement

Cats are just generally selfish, disloyal and more or less worthless. They can't gaurd, shepherd or guide and are virtually untrainable due to their stupidity. They are truly good at killling any small bird or animal, just for the fun of it rather than throuh any survival need. Natures true serial killers indeed!

chiuaua.jpg

Toilet_Trained_Cat_13_Aug_2005.jpg

You were saying?

Advertisement