Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 7 thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

spiralism wrote: »
    11 of the last 12 years have been very very average but id say something like this could be in line.

Congrats on the win btw, you're a raiders fan aren't you?

Cheers, and yep I am. Also, when you support a really bad team you'll learn that the season starts in February and ends in April. :pac: I honestly don't think the Broncos are that far off being division contenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

eagle eye wrote: »
    Lighten up, it was a joke.

Let me introduce you to my friend sarcasm:
    See that would have been an awesome reply had I said "The problem with the Broncos tonight was their running game" but I didn't now did I? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Cheers, and yep I am. Also, when you support a really bad team you'll learn that the season starts in February and ends in April. :pac: I honestly don't think the Broncos are that far off being division contenders.

Maybe, but mcdaniels is holding us back. hiring him has been a gamble which backfired. He's an eric mangini type in that he has staffed the team well (additions of dawkins, orton, lloyd, jamal williams etc.) but cannot coach at all and has lost the locker room.

A high profile hiring (schotty, gruden) is necessary to stop the bleeding and could turn things around fast.

Hell, id even take Norv if he gets the shoe in SD, and that's no lie.

spiralism wrote: »

New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers : Not a great game for the Chargers to come back to after dropping 2 straight. Rivers' options may also be seriously limited with Floyd, VJ(still, obviously) and Naanee definitely not going to play. If Gates is also gone, then it's a bridge too far. not to be undercut is the absence of Kaeding, as his replacement this week is the unreliable Kris Brown, who may cost them easy points

For what it's worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't for the life of me understand how that rule is fair. Shiancoe always had the ball in his hands and never lost control. How the hell is that not a touchdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Big call overturning that Vikings TD, didn't think there would be enough to reverse the decision on the field. Can't say I can see how it was reversed myself...

Watching this game, id say it's a safe bet that this years SB winner is coming from the AFC....it just seems streets ahead atm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

First time seeing C4 this season. Really enjoying it. It's much easier to stay interested in then Sky/ESPN with the constant breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    First time seeing C4 this season. Really enjoying it. It's much easier to stay interested in then Sky/ESPN with the constant breaks.

Ironically, I guess, those breaks mean Sky is the more stable product because SNF is pretty much a vanity project for whoever takes it, especially for Channel 4 with their history with the sport. No ads, no moolah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Fantastic move from Jennings

• Advertisement

Possibly the worst Brett Favre interception I've ever seen, and there's been plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Just after Farve limped back on;

Gary Imlach; 'Well he might not be a such a mobile quarterback anymore but he's still a cell phone one'.

themont85 wrote: »
    Just after Farve limped back on;

Gary Imlach; 'Well he might not be a such a mobile quarterback anymore but he's still a cell phone one'.

Imlach is coming out with some great one liners. "And this one's from Alex in Manchester, who's 13 and he's still up....well done boy!"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Finished your Quality Street yet?

Am I the only one who doesn't like C4 coverage of the game. Imlach isnt bad but Carlson is a fooking idiot. Forever getting names wrong and his voice would put you to sleep. I can't even watch the Eurosport coverage of ND games because of him. Have to say both Sky and C4 fall down with their pundits. I used to love C4 coverage of it but not now.

Imlach is great, alongside James Richardson my favourite sports presenter from the UK.

Carlson knows what he is talking about in general, more so than most pundits anyway. The name thing can be annoying but I got over it after a while. In fairness to him Eurosport have a cheap is great policy for all their sports. Pundits are a serious luxury, it's how they can make money off under 17 soccer games and skiing. The comm feeds from the states must not be as cost effective so we don't get NBC comms.

Imlach is great, alongside James Richardson my favourite sports presenter from the UK.

Carlson knows what he is talking about in general, more so than most pundits anyway. The name thing can be annoying but I got over it after a while. In fairness to him Eurosport have a cheap is great policy for all their sports. Pundits are a serious luxury, it's how they can make money off under 17 soccer games and skiing. The comm feeds from the states must not be as cost effective so we don't get NBC comms.

There is no doubt he knows his stuff but for me he isnt commentator material and watching ND games with his voice is mind numbing and painful as he is getting details wrong all over the shop trying to follow the action.

Right now on C4 and on 5 when he was on it he just becomes stumbles mc jumbles at times and in my opinion is just plain boring.

If it wasn't for Imlach C4 in studio coverage would be a train wreck.

Another pick from Favre! Get the fook in!!!

Farve. :(

Well he fufills the lead and summariser on Notre Dame games, that can't be easy tbh. He's a pundit, I know he presented a bit on Sky before but he really is just a pundit.

Sky spend a bit on their pundits and it has truely been horrific at times in the past.

Farve and Rodgers are stinking up the stadium! Just feed the beast should be the Viking tactic.

• Advertisement

Farve. :(

Well he fufills the lead and summariser on Notre Dame games, that can't be easy tbh. He's a pundit, I know he presented a bit on Sky before but he really is just a pundit.

Sky spend a bit on their pundits and it has truely been horrific at times in the past.

Absolutely it is at times, but likewise you get the odd fantastic guest like Lynn Swan or Mike Holmgren so it does even itself out. They seem to be more willing to go solo this year rather than dragging in some ex-Monarchs player when they have no one else, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

And I'd agree that Carlson maybe isn't the greatest on the ND games, but it should be said that it's partly thanks to Eurosport's utter cheapness as he has to try and do both play-by-play and colour by himself whereas all his exprience is in analysis rather than running commentary. If they had him with a more traditional play-by-play commenator I'd say it'd be a real treat.

Him and Imalch are utterly perfect for Sunday night; slightly subdued, irreverant and a very good counterpoint to alot of the hyperactive US and - at times - Sky coverage. that's around the place.

Syferus wrote: »
    Absolutely it is at times, but likewise you get the odd fantastic guest like Lynn Swan or Mike Holmgren so it does even itself out. They seem to be more willing to go solo this year rather than dragging in some ex-Monarchs player when they have no one else, which is undoubtedly a good thing.

And I'd agree thatCarlson maybe isn'tthe greatest play-by-play guy on the ND games, but it should be said thanks to Eurosport's utter cheapness he has to try and do both play-by-play and colour by himself whereas all his exprience is in analysis.

Him and Imalch are utter perfect for Sunday night; slightly subdued, irreverant and a very good counterpoint to alot of the hyperactive US and - at times - Sky coverage. that's around the place.

Fully agree and tonight they had one of their best Ex players in Shaun Gayle. The Lynn Swann guest story was hilarious.

Massive play.

Lovely screen play.

YES!!!! Bye bye Brett, thanks for the interceptions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

I feel sick, especially as the match in the end comes down to that BS call to overrule the Shiancoe TD. PM us on your bank acc details Archemides, i suppose I owe ya a tenner :mad:

Farve really looks old, it's sad to see that this is probably it for him I'm Lambeau.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I feel sick, especially as the match in the end comes down to that BS call to overrule the Shiancoe TD. PM us on your bank acc details Archemides, i suppose I owe ya a tenner :mad:

Ah don't worry about it man, I had a good weekend betting wise, and happy that we got an entertaining finish to the game tonight. I'm sure you're pretty unhappy with result so I won't rub salt in the wounds or anything, sure it was only a measly tenner anyway.

Lambeau Field is at the very least mimicing Ice Bowl grip conditions lately. Actually, ice would probably improve the grip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ah don't worry about it man, I had a good weekend betting wise, and happy that we got an entertaining finish to the game tonight. I'm sure you're pretty unhappy with result so I won't rub salt in the wounds or anything, sure it was only a measly tenner anyway.

You sure? Very nice of you. Your a Pats fan yeah? Tell you what, will we go double or nothing on the result of the Pats Vikes game next week. It might actually be worth shipping over 20 quid!

Advertisement