Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 7 thread

Options
  • 23-10-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭

Week 7 Schedule:

Bye Week: Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets

Sunday, October 24

6pm
    Philadelphia Eagles at Tennessee Titans
    Cincinnati Bengals at Atlanta Falcons
    Cleveland Browns at New Orleans Saints
    Pittsburgh Steelers at Miami Dolphins
    St. Louis Rams at Tampa Bay Buccanneers
    San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers
    Washington Redskins at Chicago Bears
    Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs
    Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens

9:05 pm
    Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks

9:15 pm
    Oakland at Denver
    New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers

Monday October 25th 1:20 am (Sunday Night game)
    Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Tuesday October 26th 1.30am (Monday Night game)
    New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys

Week 7 Schedule:

Sunday, October 24

6pm
    This is the early game I'm watching. It should be really exciting. DeSean Jackson is a huge loss for the Eagles here. A day's less rest will hamper the Titans. Its a very hard one to call. Who will be under center for the Eagles, it looks like its going to be Kolb again this week. One thing you can be sure of is the Titans run defense which is pretty mean. But their passing D has not been so good. They seem to be applying an attack the ball philosophy in the secondary which has led to 10 interceptions but also has led to them giving up big yardage and 10 passing touchdowns so far this year. The Eagles have been pretty mean against the pass but not so great at stopping the run. So its Chris Johnson against Philly's receivers is where you expect the damage to be done for the most part and even with the loss of Jackson the Eagles have a pretty decent bunch of receivers. I'd normally like the Titans at home but I just fancy the Eagles here considering they had an extra days rest. Philadelphia Eagles
    Well the Falcons lost last week in Philly where their weaknees against the pass showed up big. This week they face Carson Palmer and his receiving army. The problem here is Palmer who is not doing enough right now. If he steps up and has a big day the Bengals will win this one. Matt Ryan has not had the best of years to date either but with receiving threats like Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White he could break out at any time. I expect a big game from Michael Turner though which could make the difference in this game. I think its going to be very close but I'm going for the home team. Atlanta Falcons
    I've been waiting for it all year and its started to happen. The Saints offense is starting to roll and Drew Brees must be having wet dreams about facing the Browns this week. The Browns are poor and they will get anihilated this weekend. New Orleans Saints
    This is going to be on tough low scoring affair imo. The Steelers are in great shape right now and Superbowl favourites for a lot of people. The Dolphins got a huge win in Green Bay last week to keep themselves in the hunt for honours in the AFC East. This one will be migthily close low scoring affair. Rashard Mendenhall should have a big game here but Big Ben could struggle against one of the better passing Ds in the game right now. Its on Chad Henne's shoulders here for the Dolphins, he has one of the best Offensive lines in the game and he has the receivers in Marshall and Bess. If he plays like he did last week then I think the Dolphins take this one. Miami Dolphins
    Well this is a game where two improving teams collide. I like the Rams but they were brutal on the road against the Lions a couple of weeks back. Its just hard to trust that D sometimes. Sam Bradford has been terribly unlucky losing his two best receivers but he has enough ammunition to keep the Bucs D guessing and give the opportunity to Steven Jackson to have a very big day. Tampa have won a few games against bad teams and then shocked the Bengals when coming off their bye week but I don't think they can handle an offense with both a decent passing threat and a real good rushing threat. St Louis Rams
    Well the 49ers got off the mark for the season last week and I predicted it. The Panters are very good against the pass but not much good against the run, so for the second week running I predict Frank Gore to have a big day and because of that of course they will get room to pass as well. The Panthers cannot give up over 21 points and hope to be in contention with their pathetic offense against a pretty mean D. San Francisco 49ers
    I can see both QBs getting murdered here with two pretty poor offensive lines in front of them facing two ferocious defensive lines. Meanwhile I would be surprised to see both Ryan Torrain and Matt Forte have big days. The Bears are crying out for their bye week which comes up after this one but I think they go to their week off with a loss. Washington Redskins
    The Jags coming off a Monday night game face the Chiefs coming off a cruel late loss away to the Houston Texans. I expect Matt Cassel to shine in this game early and open up the running game for Charles and Jones. I think it could be as one-sided as last Monday night too. Kansas City Chiefs
    The Bills even coming off a bye week will be no match for the Ravens in Baltimore. Baltimore Ravens
    The Arizona Cardinals coming off a bye week go to Seattle in a huge divisional matchup where the winner will lead the NFC West. I don't know how the Cards are in this position with all their QB troubles but somehow they are right in there battling for the playoffs. I don't know how to rate their win over the Saints, I think the Saints were still in hangover mode when they lost that game but it certainly woke them up. The Seahawks have home advantage in the loudest stadium in the NFL but I just have this feeling that the bye week will have done a huge amount for the Cardinals and I'm going for the away team here. Arizona Cardinals
    Oakland at Denver
    Well this one is really intersting because it pits a top passing team against a mean passing D. The Broncos don't really have a very good running game at the moment. Their D is not good against the run either and thats the Raiders strength. How can I think the Raiders could win there. I don't want it to happen but everything points to this being a very suitable matchup for the Raiders. Oakland Raiders
    The Chargers will struggle without Malcolm Floyd but if they are missing Gates then its game over imo. The Patriots were impressive last week on D and pretty decent on the offensive side of the ball. That helped them to an overtime win over the Ravens and I think it was a team turning the corner. I don't think there is any way the Charger can stay with the Patriots here even though there is still a slight question mark over the Patriots secondary. Still with their two best receiving threats almost certainly missing it has to be New England. New England Patriots
    Favre returns for the second year in succession to his old stomping ground with their most hated rivals. This is a huge game with both sides needing the win. The Packers are coming off a cruel home loss and the Vikings are coming off a hugely important home win over the Cowboys. I feel the Vikings might just have their foot on the gas right now, its hard to know what shape the Packers are in now. I'm going for the Vikings just because Favre is comfortable playing in Lambeau Field unlike many other QBs. Minnesota Vikings
    Well who'd have thought that the Cowboys would be in trouble going into week 7 and that the Giants would be sitting proudly atop the NFC East. I certainly didn't. I didn't think the Cowboys would be leading the way in that division but I was certain the Giants would be struggling. Its just amazing whats happened there before our eyes during the season. I just don't know what to say about this game other than I expect it to be very tight. I still think that Eli is liable to have a horrendous game at any time and I'll guess he has it this week. Dallas Cowboys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

eagle eye wrote: »
    Week 7 Schedule:

Sunday, October 24

6pm

Oakland at Denver

Week 7 Schedule:

Sunday, October 24

6pm
    This is the early game I'm watching. It should be really exciting. DeSean Jackson is a huge loss for the Eagles here. A day's less rest will hamper the Titans. Its a very hard one to call. Who will be under center for the Eagles, it looks like its going to be Kolb again this week. One thing you can be sure of is the Titans run defense which is pretty mean. But their passing D has not been so good. They seem to be applying an attack the ball philosophy in the secondary which has led to 10 interceptions but also has led to them giving up big yardage and 10 passing touchdowns so far this year. The Eagles have been pretty mean against the pass but not so great at stopping the run. So its Chris Johnson against Philly's receivers is where you expect the damage to be done for the most part and even with the loss of Jackson the Eagles have a pretty decent bunch of receivers. I'd normally like the Titans at home but I just fancy the Eagles here considering they had an extra days rest. Philadelphia Eagles
    Well the Falcons lost last week in Philly where their weaknees against the pass showed up big. This week they face Carson Palmer and his receiving army. The problem here is Palmer who is not doing enough right now. If he steps up and has a big day the Bengals will win this one. Matt Ryan has not had the best of years to date either but with receiving threats like Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White he could break out at any time. I expect a big game from Michael Turner though which could make the difference in this game. I think its going to be very close but I'm going for the home team. Atlanta Falcons
    I've been waiting for it all year and its started to happen. The Saints offense is starting to roll and Drew Brees must be having wet dreams about facing the Browns this week. The Browns are poor and they will get anihilated this weekend. New Orleans Saints
    This is going to be on tough low scoring affair imo. The Steelers are in great shape right now and Superbowl favourites for a lot of people. The Dolphins got a huge win in Green Bay last week to keep themselves in the hunt for honours in the AFC East. This one will be migthily close low scoring affair. Rashard Mendenhall should have a big game here but Big Ben could struggle against one of the better passing Ds in the game right now. Its on Chad Henne's shoulders here for the Dolphins, he has one of the best Offensive lines in the game and he has the receivers in Marshall and Bess. If he plays like he did last week then I think the Dolphins take this one. Miami Dolphins
    Well this is a game where two improving teams collide. I like the Rams but they were brutal on the road against the Lions a couple of weeks back. Its just hard to trust that D sometimes. Sam Bradford has been terribly unlucky losing his two best receivers but he has enough ammunition to keep the Bucs D guessing and give the opportunity to Steven Jackson to have a very big day. Tampa have won a few games against bad teams and then shocked the Bengals when coming off their bye week but I don't think they can handle an offense with both a decent passing threat and a real good rushing threat. St Louis Rams
    Well the 49ers got off the mark for the season last week and I predicted it. The Panters are very good against the pass but not much good against the run, so for the second week running I predict Frank Gore to have a big day and because of that of course they will get room to pass as well. The Panthers cannot give up over 21 points and hope to be in contention with their pathetic offense against a pretty mean D. San Francisco 49ers
    I can see both QBs getting murdered here with two pretty poor offensive lines in front of them facing two ferocious defensive lines. Meanwhile I would be surprised to see both Ryan Torrain and Matt Forte have big days. The Bears are crying out for their bye week which comes up after this one but I think they go to their week off with a loss. Washington Redskins
    The Jags coming off a Monday night game face the Chiefs coming off a cruel late loss away to the Houston Texans. I expect Matt Cassel to shine in this game early and open up the running game for Charles and Jones. I think it could be as one-sided as last Monday night too. Kansas City Chiefs
    The Bills even coming off a bye week will be no match for the Ravens in Baltimore. Baltimore Ravens
    The Arizona Cardinals coming off a bye week got to Seattle in a huge divisional matchup where the winner will lead the NFL West. I don't know how the Cards are in this position with all their QB troubles but somehow they are right in there battling for the playoffs. I don't know how to rate their win over the Saints, I think the Saints were still in hangover mode when they lost that game but it certainly woke them up. The Seahawks have home advantage in the loudest stadium in the NFL but I just have this feeling that the bye week will have done a huge amount for the Cardinals and I'm going for the away team here. Arizona Cardinals
    Oakland at Denver
    Well this one is really intersting because it pits a top passing team against a mean passing D. The Broncos don't really have a very good running game at the moment. Their D is not good against the run either and thats the Raiders strength. How can I think the Raiders could win there. I don't want it to happen but everything points to this being a very suitable matchup for the Raiders. Oakland Raiders
    The Chargers will struggle without Malcolm Floyd but if they are missing Gates then its game over imo. The Patriots were impressive last week on D and pretty decent on the offensive side of the ball. That helped them to an overtime win over the Ravens and I think it was a team turning the corner. I don't think there is any way the Charger can stay with the Patriots here even though there is still a slight question mark over the Patriots secondary. Still with their two best receiving threats almost certainly missing it has to be New England. New England Patriots
    Favre returns for the second year in succession to his old stomping ground with their most hated rivals. This is a huge game with both sides needing the win. The Packers are coming off a cruel home loss and the Vikings are coming off a hugely important home win over the Cowboys. I feel the Vikings might just have their foot on the gas right now, its hard to know what shape the Packers are in now. I'm going for the Vikings just because Favre is comfortable playing in Lambeau Field unlike many other QBs. Minnesota Vikings
    Well who have thought that the Cowboys would be in trouble going into week 7 and that the Giants would be sitting proudly atop the NFC East. I certainly didn't. I didn't think the Cowboys would be leading the way in that division but I was certain the Giants would be struggling. Its just amazing whats happened there before our eyes during the season. I just don't know what to say about this game other than I expect it to be very tight. I still think that Eli is liable to have a horrendous game at any time and I'll guess he has it this week. Dallas Cowboys

Interestingly, I believe that there is a big performance, which will kick-start the Cowboys' season. Sadly, a 1-4 record after 5 games will probably prevent them from making it to the play-offs. However, I firmly believe the Cowboys could be at 4-1 at the moment, as the only game the Cowboys truly lost was the game against the Bears. Indiscipline from Andre Gurode against the Titans, Alex Barron against the Skins, and Miles Austin against the Vikes cost the Cowboy's dear. It doesnt matter how it happens, but if the Cowboys beat the Giants on Mondday (for only the second time since November 2007), I think the record will improve, and they could prove a difficult team for anybody who is seeking success in the latter games of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Oakland at Denver

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

6pm
    Philadelphia Eagles at Tennessee Titans : Can't really see Titans dropping a second straight home game, eagles D is also shaky and they can afford to drop this game more than the Titans can, hence why i think the Titans will prevail

Cincinnati Bengals at Atlanta Falcons : Atlanta struggle against the pass, but Palmer isn't that good anymore. Also, Matt Ryan always wins in the Georgia Dome

Cleveland Browns at New Orleans Saints : Bit of a no brainer here, the saints start to get the ball truly rolling with a win here

Pittsburgh Steelers at Miami Dolphins : I just think a full strength Pittsburgh team will be too much for the Dolphins

St. Louis Rams at Tampa Bay Buccaneers : Could go either way here but the Rams have the momentum so in Sam I trust.

San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers : I struggle to see who the Panthers can actually beat this year, theyre an absolute mess. San Fran are starting to improve at least so i'll pick them as a result

Washington Redskins at Chicago Bears : I think this is a good matchup for the skins, their offence is good enough to score enough points against the chicago D... meanwhile their defence is a bit shaky but their defensive front is quite good, which should mean that they should be the latest to take advantage of a diabolical offensive line and knock seven bells of sh*te out of cutler.

Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs : Kansas aren't a bad team at all as even their defeats have shown. Its in Arrowhead, the jags often take weeks off, especially when its a non divisional or road game and Trentative is going to start as QB... all signs point to KC winning this, possibly in convincing fashion

Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens : Bills against Ravens... c'mon man. Buffalo wouldn't even be able to bate the wife for fcuking up the dinner sure:pac:

Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks : Qwest Field is a nightmare for opposing teams and this is Max Hall's first road start. Can't see it happening

Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos : We're due a home win against this mob, their defence isnt great against the run and our run game may have turned a corner last week... meanwhile the Oakland D, while statistically good against the pass, was torched by the only pass reliant team to play it (San Diego, Houston run the ball effectively and can win without Schaub playing amazingly well).. Oakland are also as badly injury hit as we are so we should be able to pull it out @ Mile High

New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers : Not a great game for the Chargers to come back to after dropping 2 straight. Rivers' options may also be seriously limited with Floyd, VJ(still, obviously) and Naanee definitely not going to play. If Gates is also gone, then it's a bridge too far. not to be undercut is the absence of Kaeding, as his replacement this week is the unreliable Kris Brown, who may cost them easy points

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers : If the Packers on a 2 game losing streak can't get up for this match, then i fear for their season tbh. I think Rodgers and the pack will respond well in this situation though, it's going to be a cracker i'd say.

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys : Giants always beat the Cowboys, but Dallas are desperate and the Giants look to have shifted into cruise control a bit. Got a bit of a hunch that Dallas are due and will snatch this one. If not, well thats them fcuked for sure, there's no two ways about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Titans
    Falcons
    Saints
    Steelers
    Rams
    49ers
    Skins
    Chiefs
    Ravens
    Cards
    Broncos
    Pats
    Vikes
    Cowboys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

eagle eye wrote: »
    Oakland at Denver

Oakland have fielded a 98.6 defensive passer rating this year, allowing 12 TDs to 2 INTs. Not mean by any measure. As i have said before in other cases, yards do not tell the full story in any stat. They've faced 2 elite QBs all year:
    -Schaub didn't need to rely on the pass as much since Houston's run game was destroying them.
    -Rivers, on the other hand, absolutely torched them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

6pm
    Philadelphia Eagles at Tennessee Titans -- Red Zone Masters
    Cincinnati Bengals at Atlanta Falcons -- Palmer Playing Poor
    Cleveland Browns at New Orleans Saints -- Saints Found Form
    Pittsburgh Steelers at Miami Dolphins -- Maybe Future Champs?
    St. Louis Rams at Tampa Bay Buccanneers -- Hard to Call
    San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers -- Gore Runs Ball
    Washington Redskins at Chicago Bears -- Bears OLine Stinks
    Jacksonville Jaguars at Kansas City Chiefs -- Jags Secondary Exposed
    Buffalo Bills at Baltimore Ravens -- Bills Are Woeful

Arizona Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks -- Quest Field Atmosphere

Oakland at Denver -- Another Tebow TD :D
    New England Patriots at San Diego Chargers -- Riddled With Injuries

Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers -- Percy Harvin Return

New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys -- P45 For Wade

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You're all fools picking the Rams on the road against the 3-3 Bucs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Were you in Wembly last year Irishbucsfan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Does anyone think over 48.5 points in the patriot match is a good bet or do the bookies spread about right?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Some start to the Titans/Eagles game. Philly had an interception overturned cause Vick, who is third QB for the day, interfered with an official on the sideline during the play.

Hadn't seen that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Browns up by 10 over the Saints :eek:

Also, the Bucs have somehow turned a 1st and goal on the 6 yard line into a 2nd and 35 through penalties and Freeman getting sacked.

Were you in Wembly last year Irishbucsfan?

Nah couldn't afford it unfortunately.

Worst part is I went to see the Giants/Dolphins game first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bears up by 7 against the Redskins following a McNabb cock up and defensive TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bears up by 7 against the Redskins following a McNabb cock up and defensive TD.

No 5 makes amends, game tied up at 7

Scott Fujita causing the Saints all sorts of problems on his return to his old stomping ground. He's already sacked Drew Brees, and now he picks him off in the red zone.

Who'd have thunk it.

Browns up by 10 in New Orleans, and Bills up by 13 in Baltimore :pac:

Bills up 17-3 on the Ravens :confused:

The Bills offense are making great plays. Loads of great catches and CJ Spiller shows why he was a 1st round pick

Still think the Ravens will win

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fiacc

And Rams 10-3 and Bucs doing their best to throw the game away!!

Wow, Browns go to punt on 4th and 8 on their own 20, and the punter takes off with the ball and runs for 68 yards!!!

• Advertisement

Another TD for the Bills!

If the Bucs aren't winning there's obviously something wrong with the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Or they are just sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Archimedes wrote: »
    Another TD for the Bills!

Isn't it funny how all those Ravens fans knocked the Pats after the Bills game :D I wonder how they are feeling right now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Another TD for the Browns. :eek::eek:

Making some epic plays at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You're all fools picking the Rams on the road against the 3-3 Bucs.

Heh

17-3

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭henryhenry

What the hell is up with Brees? 3 int's now.

I wonder how they are feeling right now haha

Calm and confident, we'll beat the Bills in the second half :cool:

Edit, Ravens recover a fumble on kickoff return
    Now knock in a TD before the half ends!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So Drew Bees having a stinker with 3 interceptions and two really bad ones that are completely on him.

Their D got caught out on a trick play and then their special teams got caught out on a fake punt to let the punter go 64 yards(about 79 from where he was standing). Just awful stuff.

It was a very brave(almost stupid) call to go for that fake put from their own 20 by the Browns but it worked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,769 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jeez, an official got injured on a play in the Saints/Browns game. Loads of players on one knee praying, must be bad. Hope he is ok, didn't see what happened but the commentators seem very concerned for him.

Edit: Not an official, its a member of the chain gang. Place is silent right now, he is still down on the sideline and has had an iv inserted.

Advertisement