Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 7 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nope I'd never put money on any team at Invesco Field to beat the Broncos.
    Let me guess - because of the altitude?

They're not playing on top of Everest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nope I'd never put money on any team at Invesco Field to beat the Broncos.

Would have made a profit if you did :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,867 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Let me guess - because of the altitude?

They're not playing on top of Everest.
    Yep the altitude. I've got burnt many times in the past backing teams that looked real good up there.

Gotta give it to Josh Freeman, he's proving himself to be quite the clutch QB. Of his 7 career wins so far, 5 of them have been 4th quarter comebacks.

Lol 52-14. This is not good at all now that I think about it. We have their no.1 pick in the draft next year. The more they win the worse that pick gets.

• Advertisement

59-14:eek:, I don't know what the records are for wins and defeats for the Raiders and Broncos but they have to be at least close to them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

72 I think is the rest for most points scored in an nfl game. 1 quarter to go, I hope we go for it. Pretty horrible night for the London game actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

59-14:eek:,

And there is still a full Quarter left.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

59-14:eek:, I don't know what the records are for wins and defeats for the Raiders and Broncos but they have to be at least close to them now.

You might want to get onto McFadden then, he's a man possessed out there! :D

72 I think is the rest for most points scored in an nfl game. 1 quarter to go, I hope we go for it. Pretty horrible night for the London game actually.

The Superbowl era record is 68 iirc.

Edit: It's actually 62

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Chargers coming back into it against the Patriots, 3 points in it now with 4 minutes left

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Are Denver really that bad? Or are the Raiders starting to look like a team?

Chargers coming back into it against the Patriots, 3 points in it now with 4 minutes left

Shades of Indy last year, the Patriots go for it on 4th down and do not make it

Shades of Indy last year, the Patriots go for it on 4th down and do not make it

Shades of all year on special teams for the Chargers and shades of kicks to tie or win for Kris Brown. False start on the first kick means that the Chargers go back 5 yards, Brown then puts the kick wide right

Phew

Whew is all I can say. That was close.:)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

kick never looked like going over, but replay showed that it prob would have been blocked if it was any more to the left. Great effort at a diving block..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

holy crap thank you to that left guard for moving the ball back 5 yards and Kris Brown being a choke artist. Can see why the Texans dropped him makes him 3/3 in misses to win or tie a game late in the 4th.

I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to the airport. Should I go to bed or stay up to watch the Vikings at the Packers? :confused:

I have to get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to the airport. Should I go to bed or stay up to watch the Vikings at the Packers? :confused:

Yeah all nighter dude. Do it you know you want to :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Great day for Seattle, we beat the Cards at home and the Lambs and the Whiners lose their games. 4-2 and top of the West, who'd have thought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Brag:D

I'm laughing hard at this tbh. Poor old spiralism picked that game out of my picks and more or less told me I couldn't be more wrong.

Edit: I'm not laughing hard at spiralism, laughing hard at being so right about it.

That pick was disputed under the misguided assumption that we were competent. We aint. I'm not even mad, i'm just at the point where something inside me has died watching this depressing load of absolute sh*te and i just don't care anymore. I'd call it cleveland browns syndrome but even they won today

tbh i really don't even care, just win next week lads and you can all f*ck off for the rest of the season and do what you like for the other 8 games, just try and win against another sh*te team when i'm shelling out a rake of money to see ye.

Never has a mid season firing appeared so warranted and necessary, jmcd needs to have his p45 in the post asap. if there's any honour in the man he should fcuking resign and save us the money

From John Elway, TD, Shanahan, Sharpe and back to back rings to this in 12 short years. unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

spiralism wrote: »
    That pick was disputed under the misguided assumption that we were competent. We aint. I'm not even mad, i'm just at the point where something inside me has died watching this depressing load of absolute sh*te and i just don't care anymore. I'd call it cleveland browns syndrome but even they won today

tbh i don't even care, just win next week lads and you can all f*ck off for the rest of the season and do what you like for the other 8 games, just try and win against another sh*te team when i'm shelling out a rake of money to see ye.

Never has a mid season firing appeared so warranted and necessary, jmcd needs to have his p45 in the post asap. if there's any honour in the man he should fcuking resign and save us the money

From John Elway, TD, Shanahan, Sharpe and back to back rings to this in 12 short years. unreal.

Give it 8 years and you'll learn to cope with it.

Problem with the Broncos is the lack of a running game. 404 yards after 7 games is just shocking. 2.1 yards per carry average is atrocious. Feel bad for Orton and Only so much he can do and right now he is doing his best to carry the team. Can't understand why JMcD honestly thought his running game was any good. Bringing in Maroney sums him up.

Problem with the Broncos is the lack of a running game. 404 yards after 7 games is just shocking. 2.1 yards per carry average is atrocious. Feel bad for Orton and Only so much he can do and right now he is doing his best to carry the team. Can't understand why JMcD honestly thought his running game was any good. Bringing in Maroney sums him up.
    I hardly think you can blame the running game for them giving up 59 points though:D

Give it 8 years and you'll learn to cope with it.

11 of the last 12 years have been very very average but id say something like this could be in line.

Congrats on the win btw, you're a raiders fan aren't you?

Josh Mc Daniels... nuff said isn't it.

We could have had Rex Ryan..

I hardly think you can blame the running game for them giving up 59 points though:D

See that would have been an awesome reply had I said "The problem with the Broncos tonight was their running game" but I didn't now did I? :rolleyes:

Their problems started long before tonight.

See that would have been an awesome reply had I said "The problem with the Broncos tonight was their running game" but I didn't now did I? :rolleyes:

Their problems started long before tonight.
    Lighten up, it was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

that's a no-brainer, stay up and sleep on the flight.

Advertisement