Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Those Qanba's are gorgeous. I'd be tempted to sell my TE for one, they look nicer and are dual modded. Win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

Looking to buy an SE Madcatz fightstick (SF4 version or Brawlstick), ps3 compatible preferable but not required.

I bought 50 euro worth of Sanwa parts to replace the stock gear and the amazon supplier I was buying the stick from lost it somehow and said they had no more, the price on amazon then immediately shot up with other suppliers.

I'm in the Shannon/Limerick area and would prefer to not to have to travel across the country to get it, if that means I have to pay postal charges/for fuel so be it.

PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ok guys so apart from hori, TE and qanba what other sticks are available?? looking for a high end stick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Eightarc but there basically qanbas

bush wrote: »
    Eightarc but there basically qanbas
    anything else? im thinking qanba now or another TE stick unsure though :?

• Advertisement

Anyone here have a b15 stick?? If so how much do they charge and are they dual mod there website is down any reason why?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Going to merge this with the general stick thread as, well, it's now a general stick thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Anyone here have a b15 stick?? If so how much do they charge and are they dual mod there website is down any reason why?

They're normally about £400
    His website (http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/) is working a the moment.

Checkout http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-stick-controller-should-i-buy-read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting.137321/ for some more info on alternative sticks.
    There are a lot of good stick builders on SRK who will build sticks for you, I bought one from http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/ and couldn't be happier with it.

PPC wrote: »

Checkout http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/what-stick-controller-should-i-buy-read-the-guide-on-pg-1-before-posting.137321/ for some more info on alternative sticks.
    There are a lot of good stick builders on SRK who will build sticks for you, I bought one from http://voltecharcadesticks.blogspot.com/ and couldn't be happier with it.

400 pounds??? Ffs lol wouldn't have that kinda cash have about 180 to spend

PPC wrote: »

Would you recommend buying a qanba or a TE and modding stick for dual mod plus change to 8 gate stick rather than the standard 4??

Like is it worth all that bother to mod or just better value to buy the qanba??

• Advertisement

Would you recommend buying a qanba or a TE and modding stick for dual mod plus change to 8 gate stick rather than the standard 4??

Like is it worth all that bother to mod or just better value to buy the qanba??

I'd just buy the quanba and don't bother with the octogate, you're just handicapping yourself.

To quote me 7 months ago:
    I'm gonna say it again.

This is what happens with octo gates:

Person's execution sucks and they decide to do something about it. they see this alternate stick type the octogate, and go for it.

It feels weird but they put hundreds of hours into getting good with it and lo and behold, their execution is suddenly good.

They then attribute the change to the octogate and not their own work...

For a result they could have got just by doing the practice anyway AND could use everyone elses stick.

Thanks doomy ;)

I was thinking qanba alright do many boardsies have them?? What about colours what do you guys think looks best from their colour range?? Gonna order this tonight any advice is appreciated btw guys

I'm gonna say it again.

This is what happens with octo gates:

Person's execution sucks and they decide to do something about it. they see this alternate stick type the octogate, and go for it.

It feels weird but they put hundreds of hours into getting good with it and lo and behold, their execution is suddenly good.

They then attribute the change to the octogate and not their own work...

For a result they could have got just by doing the practice anyway AND could use everyone elses stick.
    Thanks doomy ;)

I was thinking qanba alright do many boardsies have them?? What about colours what do you guys think looks best from their colour range?? Gonna order this tonight any advice is appreciated btw guys

Mike Guilfoyle had the red one at CxC, looked very nice.

I'm a sucker for the original black one though.

Mike Guilfoyle had the red one at CxC, looked very nice.

I'm a sucker for the original black one though.

I'll have a look at this later when I get a chance do they come in many different colours etc I just seen 3 colours blue red and black

I'll have a look at this later when I get a chance do they come in many different colours etc I just seen 3 colours blue red and black

I think only the three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah, the black one is nice.

All sticks have 8way gates, 4 way is for Pacman or other 4 directional gates.

As Doom said, don't bother with an octogate no matter how much easier it seems, you shouldn't be touching the gate anyway.
    You'll be putting the same effort into learning an octo as you would a square.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There are actually 5 different models of Qanba 3-in-1 on Gremlin's shop, but again the only difference is cosmetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

The Hori equivalent of TE sticks (sanwa and quick disconnects, I think) are on sale on amazon.co.uk at the moment, 107 euro delivered to Ireland.
    Not many xbox ones left though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Officially-Licensed-Ultimate-Marvel/dp/B00654FCCG/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1333438209&sr=8-14

MvC3 and Soul Calibur ones available.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

If this is also a general stick thread I have a question:

The home button on my Dual Mod (PS360 PCB(?) in an Xbox TE) has stopped working since about three weeks ago.

I'm wondering if there's an easy-ish fix?

regarding the qanba stick cant seem to source a different colour than black with dual console and pc usage in it ??? any links etc??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

regarding the qanba stick cant seem to source a different colour than black with dual console and pc usage in it ??? any links etc??

http://gremlinsolutions.co.uk/the-qanba-shop.php

Yeah the 3 in 1's on that page are what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If this is also a general stick thread I have a question:

The home button on my Dual Mod (PS360 PCB(?) in an Xbox TE) has stopped working since about three weeks ago.

I'm wondering if there's an easy-ish fix?

Ah what.

Easy fix? Probably not.
    Is this the stick I modded over tea & biscuits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah what.

Easy fix? Probably not.
    Is this the stick I modded over tea & biscuits?

It is indeed.

Also over Sakura Ganbaru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Anyone selling a stick?

Anyone selling a stick?

I'm selling two!! A wwe brawlstick for Xbox 360 same stick as the street fighter 4 standard edition it's brand new in box for xbox360 35 and it's yours!!

Or a tatsunoku vs capcom stick for wii brand new again same as SE stick think can be used for pc too 30 euro

I'm selling two!! A wwe brawlstick for Xbox 360 same stick as the street fighter 4 standard edition it's brand new in box for xbox360 35 and it's yours!!

Or a tatsunoku vs capcom stick for wii brand new again same as SE stick think can be used for pc too 30 euro

I am looking for full sanwa. TE or similar.

Thanks

I am looking for full sanwa. TE or similar.

Thanks

I have the soul caliber 5 stick bought it in Game before they went still in box new and sealed 150 euro and I wouldn't take less as they are very limited now!! They are full TE stick

I have the soul caliber 5 stick bought it in Game before they went still in box new and sealed 150 euro and I wouldn't take less as they are very limited now!! They are full TE stick

Is that the Mad Catz or Hori one? Do you have a receipt for 150? The stick is still sealed? You ever near naas?

• Advertisement

Lads:
    I don't mind someone mentioning here they have a stick for sale. However, I can't have haggling over prices etc here, so please use the proper process over on Adverts.ie (I have enough to do without dealing with disputes over money, and the mods over on adverts are the ones who "qualified" to do so, so potentially it's protection for you too).

Advertisement