Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE APPRENTICE IRL 2010 **WEEK 5**

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The irish apprentice is getting so boring, its just one hour long advertisement for whoever will pay for the time. If it continues on like this I will not bother watching and I know alot more will follow.

The big difference between the British and Irish one is that on the British one they really have to work on the tasks, usually starting from scratch with something and standing over what they have come with.

The irish one they are given an established product and just have to come up with an advertisement or sell the product - boring!

Perhaps every second week if they had one of those tasks but something like the sausage task on the first week of the british one would have been great to see being done

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

I noticed after the credits last night they put a a screen shot of all the companies involved in setting the tasks and Appleby jewllers are there again this year. Another bloody christmas ad campaign for them again me reckons

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

I'd echo these comments. The Irish version is getting pretty stale and boring, I was GLUED to the screen last year and feel nothing like that this year. I still watch it, for the moment, but mainly for those cringe moments when someone is extra thick, the tasks certainly don't set pulses racing, they're far too monotonous at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I have to say that I dont like Bills attitude at all this year he appears to come across as being angry when talking to the contestants unlike Alan Sugar who sits and listens but never comes across like Bill. Must agree that it has become boring as they are only putting ads together for existing products as has been said in the UK they must come up with something new put it together and sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

Suppose TV3 just don't have the beebs budget.

Bull Cullen will never be Lord Sugar either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Working Class Hero

Hi All, Newbie!!

I agree with Dowling! Michelle is one to watch!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Suppose TV3 just don't have the beebs budget.

Bull Cullen will never be Lord Sugar either!
    Lord Sugar actually says "Shut the 'ell up a minit'" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I used to hate Donald Trump until I started watching the Irish version, and realised he's actually pretty good. I knew the Irish one would be shìte, but at least last year it was funny to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I love Brian Dowling, I think he's so entertaining and a really nice guy.

I hate Brian Dowling. He's a vulgar, self righteous twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

Ugh, the tasks this month so far:

Sell hotel vouchers.
    Create a menu and create an Ad for radio.
    Create an ad for a soft drink.
    Sell powertools.
    Create an ad for recycling.

Bill has some cheek giving out about a lack of originality. TV3/Producers/Bill need to cop on and come up with some interesting tasks that are original. Is sales and marketing all there is to business?

Very very boring episode I am sorry to say. Looking forward to BBC show, its been great so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

What is all this dislike of Ciara, I think she is a very good contestant. She is really coming out of her shell and I think she has what it takes to go further in the show. Bill sees something in her so why do you think he has saved her the past few times she has been in the board room. I think it silly that the other contestants are trying to get her out, she has done nothing wrong, she is just quieter than the other contestants but she seriously works hard. I just don't get why people are slagging her off.
    Now I think most of the girls are stronger condenders than the boys. Think dave be the next one out? Last night was fairly easy to pick out who was going to be fired and the one who got away! Bill says it like it is but would be quiet scary to have him as a boss! I quiet enjoy the tasks I think its very interesting to see what marketing strategies they come up with and how well they work as a group. It does show constestants their true colours though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Working Class Hero

What is all this dislike of Ciara, I think she is a very good contestant. She is really coming out of her shell and I think she has what it takes to go further in the show. Bill sees something in her so why do you think he has saved her the past few times she has been in the board room. I think it silly that the other contestants are trying to get her out, she has done nothing wrong, she is just quieter than the other contestants but she seriously works hard. I just don't get why people are slagging her off.
    Now I think most of the girls are stronger condenders than the boys. Think dave be the next one out? Last night was fairly easy to pick out who was going to be fired and the one who got away! Bill says it like it is but would be quiet scary to have him as a boss! I quiet enjoy the tasks I think its very interesting to see what marketing strategies they come up with and how well they work as a group. It does show constestants their true colours though!

It shouldn't be a popularity contest but i think Ciara has seriously done something to upset the others and i dont think they're going to make it easy for her at any stage. Doubt it will be the last time we see her in the boardroom unless she starts appearing on the winning team!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

It shouldn't be a popularity contest but i think Ciara has seriously done something to upset the others and i dont think they're going to make it easy for her at any stage. Doubt it will be the last time we see her in the boardroom unless she starts appearing on the winning team!

I assume part of it is because shehas been in the boardroom so often. Once someone has been in it more than once (in the first few weeks) then you'd have to think the odds are stacked against her surviving again. She was in three times, so can see how the project leader would think they have to fire her this time.

I don't think she has deserved to be in there (based on the tasks and what she's done) for the past couple of weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

shes got a very round head

Advertisement