Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast food places: Do you tidy up afterwards?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I always clear up after me. Anyone who doesn't is a knacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

If the bin is on the way out (or I can see it easily - one of the local McDs has them "disguised" as part of the furnishings) then I do, otherwise I just tidy all the bits onto the tray and leave them there for easy disposal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

EL_Loco wrote: »
    yeah I tidy up after myself.

I was in a mcDonalds in London with an American co-worker who was disguisted they had to have a staff member removing rubbish off the tables, so seemingly it's only us stuck up Europeans who won't tidy up their own mess.

anyways, if there's more staff behind the counter dishing out food I'll happily clean up after myself to get quicker service when I'm queueing and hungry.
    There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start!

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    If the bin is on the way out (or I can see it easily - one of the local McDs has them "disguised" as part of the furnishings) then I do, otherwise I just tidy all the bits onto the tray and leave them there for easy disposal.

Thought it was just me! quite difficult to find the bins in McD's on Belgard road, they seem to blend in with the rest of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Yeah i always do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If you were well brought up what are you doing eating in MacDonalds :confused:
    Yes, how dare they eat where they want and put money in to the Irish economy. Shame on them and their family.
    Jesus - I'd murder a Big Mac meal right now.
    Ever have a MegaMac? I'm trying to get them back on the menu at the minute, even if only for a limited period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

If I enjoyed my meal and everything is nice and (not burned or cold) I'd put stuff in the bin otherwise I just leave it there on the tray

Bonito wrote: »
    Yes, how dare they eat where they want and put money in to the Irish economy. Shame on them and their family.

Ever have a MegaMac? I'm trying to get them back on the menu at the minute, even if only for a limited period.

MegaMac??? 3 patties or dare I say it? 4 patties? http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UE_TeM0GW9kU6M:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll147/adawofl/drooling_homer-712749.png&t=1

On the subject (but off thread) is there more "meat" in a Mackers Quarter pounder or a Big Mac?

Andrew33 wrote: »
    MegaMac??? 3 patties or dare I say it? 4 patties? http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UE_TeM0GW9kU6M:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll147/adawofl/drooling_homer-712749.png&t=1

On the subject (but off thread) is there more "meat" in a Mackers Quarter pounder or a Big Mac?
    4 patties. BigMac goes Bun, burger, bun, burger, bun. MegaMac goes Bun, Burger, Burger, Bun, Burger, Burger, Bun.

Try sayin' that quickly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Kizza

I've worked in McDonalds and whilst I did my job I hated clearing up for the sake of a person putting boxes on a tray and dumping them. It's a disgusting job to clean up someone else's food, clean up after yourself.

• Advertisement

Kizza wrote: »
    I've worked in McDonalds and whilst I did my job I hated clearing up for the sake of a person putting boxes on a tray and dumping them. It's a disgusting job to clean up someone else's food, clean up after yourself.
    Tip: Take cloth. Wipe absolutely everything on to the floor. Sweep floor.

Presto, no need to touch messy mess with icky pickle and Mac sauce all over the place.

4 patties. BigMac goes Bun, burger, bun, burger, bun. MegaMac goes Bun, Burger, Burger, Bun, Burger, Burger, Bun.

Try sayin' that quickly. :D

So it's just like the McDouble sausage and egg brekkie? Absolutely zero thought from the marketing dept? "I know! lets slap another pattie on and charge a bit extra!" Have people any idea how much that second pattie has cost the environment? I am not an eco freak but when I see sh1t like this its makes me so mad, McD's get that 2nd pattie for free (or probably less than free if that makes sense). I do eat an odd McD's (maybe once a year, maybe less!) but They (as a company) are a bigger threat to our (and Earths) health than any other company (BP, Texeco, Esso do less damage to the enviroment).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

So it's just like the McDouble sausage and egg brekkie? Absolutely zero thought from the marketing dept? "I know! lets slap another pattie on and charge a bit extra!" Have people any idea how much that second pattie has cost the environment? I am not an eco freak but when I see sh1t like this its makes me so mad, McD's get that 2nd pattie for free (or probably less than free if that makes sense). I do eat an odd McD's (maybe once a year, maybe less!) but They (as a company) are a bigger threat to our (and Earths) health than any other company (BP, Texeco, Esso do less damage to the enviroment).

No, I disagree with you. I feel we are the biggest threat, not these companies. I could a double bigmac, but I don't. They don't force you, they merely offer it. Just like every other company in the world.

Eg. A car company will give you an extra 5000 off if you buy the expensive model, it is to entice you, but you can say no!

So it's just like the McDouble sausage and egg brekkie? Absolutely zero thought from the marketing dept? "I know! lets slap another pattie on and charge a bit extra!"
    The double Bacon or Double sausage muffins came from customers ideas and system analysis.

Many people asked for an extra piece of bacon or an extra sausage on their muffin so McD's decided to integrate it in to the menu.
    Have people any idea how much that second pattie has cost the environment? I am not an eco freak but when I see sh1t like this its makes me so mad, McD's get that 2nd pattie for free (or probably less than free if that makes sense).
    What? That makes no sense at all. McD's suppliers do not operate a "buy one box of patties get one box free" system. They pay the same amount for each and every box of beef they purchase.
    I do eat an odd McD's (maybe once a year, maybe less!) but They (as a company) are a bigger threat to our (and Earths) health than any other company (BP, Texeco, Esso do less damage to the enviroment).

What sort of environmental damage? Any sources to back those allegations up?

Also, McDonalds is not a threat to anybody's health. You choose what you eat, nobody ties you down and shoves BigMacs down your throat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I tidy up after myself where ever I am. If it's a pub, I put my empties on the bar, if it's a restaurant, I atleast make an attempt to tidy the table. I always take anything like a napkin that I used with me, tbh nobody should have to touch that kind of stuff except me.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

There are so many things wrong with this post I don't know where to start!

knew it would catch someone's craw. lol.

The double Bacon or Double sausage muffins came from customers ideas and system analysis.

Many people asked for an extra piece of bacon or an extra sausage on their muffin so McD's decided to integrate it in to the menu.

What? That makes no sense at all. McD's suppliers do not operate a "buy one box of patties get one box free" system. They pay the same amount for each and every box of beef they purchase.

What sort of environmental damage? Any sources to back those allegations up?

Also, McDonalds is not a threat to anybody's health. You choose what you eat, nobody ties you down and shoves BigMacs down your throat.

Customers ideas and systems analysis????? effing sez it all:rolleyes:.
    I don't know what type of credit terms McD's operate with their suppliers
    but it's a bit like the supermarkets selling "below cost".

If you believe McD's are an environmently friendly company, you're seriously deluded. What about the thousands of square kilometres of forests worldwide being cleared by people (I won't call them farmers because that's an insult to farmers everywhere) every day to graze cattle for burgers? Just because a farmer here in Ireland makes a living selling cattle to McD's suppliers does not justify what McD's are doing in the rest of the world. Wake up and get your head out of your arse.

If McD's where to sell a free range organic burger I'd probably buy it but what do you think it'd cost? probably more than a Sunday dinner for four people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Pffff

Fast food restaurants are for common folk.

Customers ideas and systems analysis????? ****in sez it all:rolleyes:.
    I don't know what type of credit terms McD's operate with their suppliers
    Fortunately for us, I do. :)
    but it's a bit like the supermarkets selling "below cost".
    No, it's nothing like that in the slightest of margins.
    If you believe McD's are an environmently friendly company, you're seriously deluded.
    Believe? I know they are. If you read back, I show how. If you're too lazy to, I'll happily link them to you.
    What about the thousands of square kilometres of forests worldwide being cleared by people (I won't call them farmers because that's an insult to farmers everywhere) every day to graze cattle for burgers?
    Can you prove any of this rather than just spouting vicious rumours?
    Just because a farmer here in Ireland makes a living selling cattle to McD's suppliers does not justify what McD's are doing in the rest of the world.
    McD's tend to have a consistent supplier chain. They don't have different rules for different countries, just different suppliers.
    Wake up and get your head out of your arse.
    My head is nowhere near my arse. Your posts on the other hand, have me wondering whether you know your arse from your mouth. :)

Fortunately for us, I do. :)
    No, it's nothing like that in the slightest of margins.

Believe? I know they are. If you read back, I show how. If you're too lazy to, I'll happily link them to you. Can you prove any of this rather than just spouting vicious rumours? McD's tend to have a consistent supplier chain. They don't have different rules for different countries, just different suppliers.
    My head is nowhere near my arse. Your posts on the other hand, have me wondering whether you know your arse from your mouth. :)

I do believe we have Ronald McDonald in person on Boards.ie!
    Don't try and defend the indefensible, you know and the world knows that I speak the truth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement