Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast food places: Do you tidy up afterwards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Haven't eaten in Mickey D's since the 90s but I always used to clear my tray. One time (....at Band Camp) in McDonalds on Grafton Street I was clearing my tray and this older gentleman (a customer, not staff!) told me to stop doing it as I was taking someone's job away! You can't win!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭OhThePenguin

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Not for the lack of staff, but because McDonalds on O'Connell street are very fecking .

Very fecking what? Fecking what?

But to answer your question

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

If you were well brought up what are you doing eating in MacDonalds :confused:

We used only be allowed go every so often (less than once a month) I do it now and again now because I want to. I know the food is pure rubbish, but I like to treat myself! As it is cheap and cheerful! :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

If you were well brought up what are you doing eating in MacDonalds :confused:

not giving into the snobbery of snubbing the place like a well brought up person should??? ;)

i would personally empty my tray it's nice to be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

It seems a bit lazy just to leave it sitting there when someone else will be using the table after you.

The worst example of this I've seen is in joe's take away in Kilkenny. Three O'clock on a Sunday morning and there's no-one clearing the tables and everyone is leaving their mess on the tables behind them. It sort of looked like a landfill.

• Advertisement

Title says it all. After you finish your meal do you bring your tray with you and dump the contents into a bin?

I always did and the other day while treating myself, I saw two people leaving the table and one person doing the same. The friend snapped saying that is why they have staff and not to degrade themselves to doing that job!

I never did it for the staff. But because I am well brought up and I know when I see a free table but there is loads of food wrappers on it, its annoying trying to clear it. Not for the lack of staff, but because McDonalds on O'Connell street are very fecking busy.

Then why did I have to read another five lines of text!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I ALWAYS empty my tray.

Screw the "but the staff get paid to do it" bulls*it. I don't do it for them, I do it because I'm not a filthy disgusting pig who leaves my sh*t all over the place!

Can't stand it in the cinema when I see the mess people leave, there is a bin there for a reason :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Title says it all. After you finish your meal do you bring your tray with you and dump the contents into a bin?

I always did and the other day while treating myself, I saw two people leaving the table and one person doing the same. The friend snapped saying that is why they have staff and not to degrade themselves to doing that job!

I never did it for the staff. But because I am well brought up and I know when I see a free table but there is loads of food wrappers on it, its annoying trying to clear it. Not for the lack of staff, but because McDonalds on O'Connell street are very fecking busy.

Is that a typo?

flyton5 wrote: »
    Is that a typo?

Only in AH :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

not giving into the snobbery of snubbing the place like a well brought up person should??? ;)
    I wasn't referring to snobbery it was more healthy eating I was referring to;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Jesus - I'd murder a Big Mac meal right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There was a thread on this not to long ago OP. Did you search before posting? In answer to your question- always.

healthy shmealthy i love my yummie cardboard fries and the nummy 1/4 pounder surprise :D

Everything in moderation, it was my first MaccyD's in 2 months. I doubt that puts me in line for obesity :) Although there was a few there that could do with a few less chicken nuggets!
    There was a thread on this not to long ago OP. Did you search before posting? In answer to your question- always.

I did, but it came up with random ones not to do with this :(

yep, always empty my tray. Think it's sheer rude not to.

And to whoever mentioned washing your own dishes; if I go to a self service place, one that uses crockery and cutlery etc when I'm finished, I always put everything back on the tray so that it makes it easier for either the person cleaning the table to move it or if there's a lack of tables and the place is busy, it makes it easier for someone to sit at the table until it's cleaned.

In a restaurant, no, of course you don't wash your own dishes, but you get handed the plate and the plate gets taken away. It's different!

healthy shmealthy i love my yummie cardboard fries and the nummy 1/4 pounder surprise :D
    Sumo-Girl :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think its great that people don't tidy up after them in Mc Donalds,

The same people are the ones that forget to remove their loyalty card stickers from their coffee cups. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

I always do clean away my rubbish - since I went to America anyway cos I noticed over there that everyone put their own rubbish in the bin. Doesn't annoy me if people leave their rubbish on the table, there is staff there to clear it away.

The worst thing I seen, I think it was in Blanch car park in one of the retail units were KFC is and a car full of young ones were eating there KFC in it and then at the end just threw all the rubbish on the ground around the car and drove off - that really maddened me.

When you finish your Big Mac you should tip your drink into the Big Mac box and leave it on the table. Then wait for one of the people cleaning tables to pick it up and spill all over themselves.

Chances are the person cleaning the tables would've been one of the people who treated McD's staff like shit a few years back. Swings and roundabouts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since the last thread on this is just a week old I merged your thread with the earlier one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The argument 'that somebody is paid to do it is nonsense'. Somebody is also paid to sweep the streets, should I litter the streets? Somebody is paid to clean bathrooms, should I take a dump in the sink and piss on the floor? Someone mentioned earlier the cinema... and the filth all over the floor. Disgusting.

Equal parts laziness and ignorance on the part of anyone who doesn't tbh.

prinz wrote: »
    The argument 'that somebody is paid to do it is nonsense'. Somebody is also paid to sweep the streets, should I litter the streets? Somebody is paid to clean bathrooms, should I take a dump in the sink and piss on the floor? Someone mentioned earlier the cinema... and the filth all over the floor. Disgusting.

Equal parts laziness and ignorance on the part of anyone who doesn't tbh.

Yes...but try to keep a straight face as you see people go in after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Living up to your name I see! One Big Mac won't kill ya. http://www.popaholicsanonymous.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/fat-kits-eating-mcdonalds.jpg

Sumo-Girl :eek:

ah but i can insult you further, :D i always order large, and yet i never go above a size 10! :P (i have great metabolism. makes people envious ;))

see i'm just that really annoying skinny girl who eats loads AND cleans up her plate afterward! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

yeah I tidy up after myself.

I was in a mcDonalds in London with an American co-worker who was disguisted they had to have a staff member removing rubbish off the tables, so seemingly it's only us stuck up Europeans who won't tidy up their own mess.

anyways, if there's more staff behind the counter dishing out food I'll happily clean up after myself to get quicker service when I'm queueing and hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I worked in a fast food place on J1 and rathered when people left stuff on tables as it gave you something to do instead of twiddling your thumbs or standing there with your boss watching through cctv. The backstards, but anyway leaving it on the tray is grand as long as you don't throw stuff everywhere.

I still automatically clean the tray anyway though, guess I just have some semblance of manners....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Generally I would, unless they come around and take it off the table first.

ah but i can insult you further, :D i always order large, and yet i never go above a size 10! :P (i have great metabolism. makes people envious ;))

see i'm just that really annoying skinny girl who eats loads AND cleans up her plate afterward! :pac:
    You can't insult me I was only pulling your leg ;) If you metabolism is like that you had better warn the person who is about to use the toilet after you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Des Bishop implores me to tidy up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

I always do, I wouldnt leave my rubbsh lying around my house after I've eaten so why do it anywhere else, It only takes a second to gather it up and into the bin!! Cant understand why anybody would be so lazy and not bother!!

Advertisement