Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash X Counter - 20th November 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 usedcars

thanks to share a greatful information. it is one type achievement gain by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Victoly is yours, master of unlocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

THIS ROOM IS AN ILLUSION AND IS A TRAP DEVISUT BY SATAN. GO AHEAD DAUNTLESSLY! MAKE RAPID PROGRES!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

So... how's about dem vidja games?

Anyway, don't forget folks to join the Facebook page and RSVP as Attending in the Events tab thing if you're gonna show up! Just wanna get a rough grasp on numbers, though I know there's a few players who are coming who don't use FB. :)
    Tourney rules are in the Notes tab (may need to click the >> to view it)

http://www.facebook.com/clashxcounter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1427

I'll try and update it to be a bit better. Also Vyze if you want any other info in there let me know.

• Advertisement

Awesome stuff, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

Well it's drawing closer to the event, any games in particular people want there for casuals?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

3s yo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cloudpaul wrote: »
    Well it's drawing closer to the event, any games in particular people want there for casuals?

EX Plus Alpha if it's the US or Japanese version.

EX Plus Alpha if it's the US or Japanese version.
    I dunno if anyone owns that, but I do have EX3 is that's any good!

• Advertisement

No Vyze, no it's not.

Get ePSXe running on an emulator and we can play some EX Plus Alpha in full speed goodness.

Bah humbug!

Well for plenty of reasons I can't officially run any pirated games. That's not to say I'll necessary see you if you so happen to be playing games on your laptop, though.

Any other games people would like for casuals? We plan on having a big list of games that we can supply and you can just ask a staff member to swap in a game to a free console.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey Vyze,

Could you do me a favour and sort out a table near the screen where you're planning to run the tournaments. I'll need a little bit of room based on last inferno.

I can only do component or VGA so far, component for preference. Let me know for recording purposes.

Also it might be an idea to bring some memory sticks or an external hard drive as I don't think my MBP will have room for 3 entire 16 man (or more) tournaments on it.

Well I have the EU disk and we could just force ePSXe to run at full speed.

I have the emulator on a USB stick.

Oh if you have the disk then yeah go ahead and run it on however you want, chopper!
    Hey Vyze,

Could you do me a favour and sort out a table near the screen where you're planning to run the tournaments. I'll need a little bit of room based on last inferno.

I can only do component or VGA so far, component for preference. Let me know for recording purposes.

Also it might be an idea to bring some memory sticks or an external hard drive as I don't think my MBP will have room for 3 entire 16 man (or more) tournaments on it.
    No problem. I needed a desk for my own laptop and stuff anyway so I'll make sure there's room for your equipment too. This Saturday we're finalising the fine details, including the layout of where everything will be, we wanna make sure the finals for all of the games are as visible as possible! See, I'm not skipping Saturday's WOH for nothing. :D

I'll double check the cables (we normally just use HDMI) but I'm sure we should have component cables for each of the consoles. As for recording, we'll be running on several setups at once so you won't be able to record every single match - which is probably for the best, that much video editing would drive anyone mad!

My SD card will be used up on my camera, since I wanna get some general crowd shots during the day. I'll see if I can get some space on my external HDD and laptop, though. Plus I can ask around to see if anyone else can bring in some storage.

Also, for your video splitting, how many outputs can it split to? If we're recording a direct feed can we only get it to a single TV, or can we whack it on a projector as well?

edit: Actually, speaking of video - if anyone records any good footage or gets good photos during the day, I'd definitely like to get a hold of them to either put pics up on the Facebook page or to edit the videos together into some geeky-ass collage. That, and Zen Utd asked us if we could make sure to get some photos of the event to put up on their own FB page, so I'd like to keep 'em happy! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Vyze wrote: »
    Also, for your video splitting, how many outputs can it split to? If we're recording a direct feed can we only get it to a single TV, or can we whack it on a projector as well?

Customs and excise are currently holding my (16 euro!!1!!) av splitter. I need to get my hands on that before I can give you a straight answer.

I think dreddy is holding an svideo/ vga powered splitter too. That might get your projector running.

Regardless I need to test :)

EDIT: I'll prob be doing a v log of the day. I'll giv eyou all the footage from that, too.

That's great, thanks!

Hopefully it arrives in time, it'd be sick to have the player screen and a projector as well as direct feed for each of the finals (the projector will be used for other stuff outside of finals).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I'd love to see some Blitzkampf but I severely doubt anyone has a genuine copy.

Some JoJos would be pretty cool too but without a ps2 port we'd be stuck for controllers even if there was a DC copy kicking about.

Akatsuki Blitzkampf and JBA would indeed be sick, though as you said people actually owning them is a problem. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Have you guys got Melty Blood Actress Again?
    Would love to give it a proper bash.

• Advertisement

I've got the PS2 ver of Act Cadenza, I'm not sure if anyone's imported Actress Again.

Not doing illegal things.

You guys are the worst students ever ;)

I'm not a student, I've got to earn my keep! :P

I've no problem with emulation and stuff personally, it's just that we probably can't get away with running downloaded games ourselves in an official capacity. Again, I can't really shout at someone who's playing their own games on their own laptop and doing their own thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Someone should speak to (C/K?)illian and make sure we can get the cabinet they use for watching anime to instead be used for the purpose of playing 3s so that I can run an ownage side tourney. Yeehaw!

Killian already has mentioned using the MAME PC for running games so that'll most likely be good to go!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

usedcars wrote: »
    thanks to share a greatful information. it is one type achievement gain by you.

Is this some new form of American "English"????

Blinn wrote: »
    Someone should speak to (C/K?)illian and make sure we can get the cabinet they use for watching anime to instead be used for the purpose of playing 3s so that I can run an ownage side tourney. Yeehaw!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah I've got that VGA splitter yoke, I'll bring it up.

Blinn vs Ramza MM!!

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Blinn vs Ramza MM!!

Moar money for me :cool:

Advertisement