Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clash X Counter - 20th November 2010

Options
  • 16-10-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

26679769.png

Excuse the rather dramatic claim about "Ireland's #1 fighting game event of the year", but that's marketing for you!

I need to finalise a couple of the other posters but once they're finished I'll be posting them up here and if any of you guys can help us promote the event I would be extremely grateful! :)

Any questions just post here or on the FB page and I'll do my best to answer what I can. Some of the planning is still to be done so some things (e.g. the final schedule) are still TBC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can't see the poster due to work but I'm assuming good things.
    I'll get a post on SFIE and start promoting it through the facebook and twitter.

May hold off till november to start because we already have a shedload of stuff going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Orim wrote: »
    Can't see the poster due to work but I'm assuming good things.
    I'll get a post on SFIE and start promoting it through the facebook and twitter.

May hold off till november to start because we already have a shedload of stuff going on.
    Awesome man, thanks!

For people who can't load images in work:

Clash X Counter
    20th November, 2010 - QUB Students' Union

With a combination of prize tournaments for Tekken 6, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift and Super Street Fighter IV alongside our casual game setups, Clash X Counter is shaping up to be Ireland's #1 fighting game event of the year!
    Bring your skills, bring your friends, bring your hype!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Cool I must go ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cloudpaul

It'll be good if people could go, we'll try and get everything done early enough for the dubliners to get a bus/train back without it being too late. If you have any questions feel free to ask us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Will do my best to make it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If games are on early and I'm free, I'll go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I promised I'd try to attend this.

If I am in the country, I will be there avec le hauppage.

If games are on early and I'm free, I'll go.
    Provisional schedule has the event starting at noon (first tourney at 1pm) and everything - including a sort-of-side tourney - ending tidily before 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Vyze wrote: »
    - including a sort-of-side tourney -
    QMM vs ZA WARDU?

Also, I'll see if I can make it up; there's supposed to be some cheapy ticket for peoples who are students...supposedly cheaper than even the O2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Gonna be there playing 3rd strike nonstop with anyone and everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ah typical. I just booked the venue for a Cork SF tourney on the 20th of November and then I see this yoke!
    Needless to say I shant be there and I doubt many of us down here in the South West would be making the 7 hour each way trip regardless =D
    Good luck with this!

edit: ^^^ Ah that sucks, sorry man! :( We'll set up a live stream so you can check out the Northern hype! :D
    Voa wrote: »
    QMM vs ZA WARDU?

Also, I'll see if I can make it up; there's supposed to be some cheapy ticket for peoples who are students...supposedly cheaper than even the O2 tickets.
    Well there's a half hour free in the schedule I have right now, I'm sure we can squeeze in a BB 5v5 invitational!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

edit: ^^^ Ah that sucks, sorry man! :( We'll set up a live stream so you can check out the Northern hype! :D

Well there's a half hour free in the schedule I have right now, I'm sure we can squeeze in a BB 5v5 invitational!

Online Grudge Match, streamed!

Winner of each comp in a best of 5 at the end of the day?!?!?

Let's get this on.

Now playing: Souls Of Mischief - From 93 Till Infinity (Best Quality) via FoxyTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

BB 5v5 invitational!

;)

I'll be looking on playing GG, 3S and CvS2 casuals when I'm not running around. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Will be there. Lack of CS release is killing my hype somewhat though.

CS should be out the day before the event, if online retailers are to be believed. I'm sure you can become godlike in under a day! :D

Will be there. Lack of CS release is killing my hype somewhat though.

Mug people until you have enough to afford a PS3 and an import of CS. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I'm sure we can squeeze in a BB 5v5 invitational!

:D looking forward to it

chueytoo wrote: »
    :D looking forward to it
    I just need to play more like I did in casuals afterwards, since that was much more in my favour! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Vyze just checking is this a 24 hour event?

Nah, Clash X Counter is planned for 12 noon to 8pm - so you all have plenty of time to stay 'til the end then make the bus/train home again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,985 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Posted this on Tekken Zaibatsu too by the way. You might get some of the Dublin Tekken players interested.

Posted this on Tekken Zaibatsu too by the way. You might get some of the Dublin Tekken players interested.
    Awesome, thanks dude! Wasn't sure how much of an Irish contingency was on TZ.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Awesome, thanks dude! Wasn't sure how much of an Irish contingency was on TZ.

Apparently there is some guy there who refers to himself as the "Irish Tekken Champion".

I'd love to hear what a certain Mr Lau has to say on that one.

Apparently there is some guy there who refers to himself as the "Irish Tekken Champion".

Would be cool to see them face off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Oh shi-

Well, obviously we have a hypist in Belfast. He's climbin' in yo windows, he's snatchin' yo people up - tryin' to hype 'em. So y'all people need to hide yo kids, hide yo wife, an' hide yo husband cuz he hypin' errbody out there.

...New posters! Click then click them again in the new window to embiggen them

77701257.png

25250475.png 24154714.png 66670450.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

OH NOES HES IN UR SCENE HYPIN UR PLAYAS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I just need to play more like I did in casuals afterwards, since that was much more in my favour! :D

true that, but will see what happens :Dalso i might not go first this time lol

Advertisement