Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Getting my results tomorrow.

You getting nervous yet? Well, are ya? Are ya?! :p

Best of luck! Fingers crossed for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Why thank you :cool: Na not nervous,no point at this stage.

Na not nervous,no point at this stage.

You say that now... Wait until tomorrow morning! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

My favorite horses have to be the one and only Yeats what a horse he was, spine tingling stuff winning his 3rd Gold Cup and even more so his 4th but it was the win in 2005 Coronation Stakes for me when Fallon gave him a great ride and plus the fact i'd doubled him up with Eswarah in the Oaks:D

Sergeant Cecil was another fav of mine. Big Bucks is another who is a great battler and always just does enough. As was said Sea the Stars was a phenomenon along with the great Zarkava and i think Frankel is on his way to greatness too his Guinea's win will always stick just unbelievable there are actually so many i could mention but Yeats is my No.1;)

God Emma Spencer is a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

God Emma Spencer is a ride.

That's for sure :D wtf was jamie thinking ?:confused:

Aw don't I know.

Bored silly. Anyone watching the Heifer of Tralee

Heading to my grad tonight. I look so smart in my suit

Can't stop farting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Lol. John Quinn (trainer) just been checked for ID goin into a bar in Kentucky. Thought I was bad when I was stopped at 32.

Joining the horse racing society in college. Apparently they're going to Champions Day at Ascot

Has the club to call themselves the Turf Appreciation soc?Which college are you going to, do you mind me asking?

Stuck on a jammed bus on the way home. Not a happy camper! :(

Fantastic! The bus is stuffy and the person behind me has a cold... That means I'll be sick next week! :mad: :sad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Joining the horse racing society in college. Apparently they're going to Champions Day at Ascot

What college are you in?

Trinity

There's a racing club in TCD? I've never seen/heard of them!

Was in at the Fresher's week at lunchtime today... It seemed completely dead. Most disappointing! :(

In the main square where the socs/clubs are?

Yep, in Front Square. It was really quiet compared with other years; I wasn't being hassled to join clubs as I wandered around, and it was actually really easy to move about. Plus the layout of the stands wasn't great - it was a little all over the place, I thought, which meant it was too easy to miss some of the stands.

• Advertisement

I haven't been over there since Tuesday,it was busy first two days.

Going to a debs tonight,freaking out. My tux was supposed to be in yesterday but was told it'b be after 11 today. How this happens I don't know when they said yesterday deliveries are at 3,and I need to have it by three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

GO IN THE BUFF LOL :D:D:P:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

As I have posted before he ever ran Daddy Long Legs is serious top class.Went to Leopardstown ,Gowran, Doncaster[didnt back him in Donny because was told he didnt travel well,heavy rain that night and morning in Doncaster was totally against him].Was in Dundalk last night and told Wading was a cert at any price and told Daddy was the best stayer in the yard by a mile.He wont run in Guineas maybe as pacemaker but he will win the Ledger. Had my biggest bet of the year at 4/1 today,serious serious horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

dont no the time but , blink of a eye running this evening, fallon on board , looks ready for business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Went to Cheltenham in 03 with Trinity racing club

Not sure how but the college gave us a travel grant, are those days finished?

We used to team up with the UCD crowd, does that still happen?

nap bet today .. consult in 505 uttox.

• Advertisement

Went to Cheltenham in 03 with Trinity racing club

Not sure how but the college gave us a travel grant, are those days finished?

We used to team up with the UCD crowd, does that still happen?

No idea Colonel. Haven't heard anything from them since signing up,I take it we won't be going so.

Getting a bit freaked out by a guy who takes the same bus as me morning and evening. He always sits either directly in front or behind me. And if that's not bad enough, he's really fidgety and never sits still for more than a few minutes... :(

Was there ever a distinctive masturbating noise?

Oh dear God...cannot stop farting. What a whiff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Was there ever a distinctive masturbating noise?

<snip>

*Ahem*

• Advertisement

How revolting

Sorry man

Heading out tonight.

Getting off my tits drunk.

I miss the flat racing already

But it's National Hunt season... How can you be bored?

I don't particularly like betting at this stage of the season when there are so many horses without a run or coming from a break

Apparently I like to moan a lot,as was said on theracingforum.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

going away to play golf so my nap for Christmas is the very well bred Barenger have a big bet on this .If your bet is 10e have 50e.

just checked him out, running on saturday .......... cheers sting.. badly need 1 or 2 for santa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

sting60 wrote: »
    going away to play golf so my nap for Christmas is the very well bred Barenger have a big bet on this .If your bet is 10e have 50e.

Any reason why we should back an unraced horse in a bumper ?? Have you got word from the Henderson stable? Or is it you simply fancy the horse cause of its breeding ??

• Advertisement

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Any reason why we should back an unraced horse in a bumper ?? Have you got word from the Henderson stable? Or is it you simply fancy the horse cause of its breeding ??
    just checked .. this horse is now a non runner for tomorrow guys.... have to wait another while..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

I am starting to lose my mind. :mad:

I have been really struggling to find winners, no bother with seconds being beaten less than a length for the most part.

Yesterday I got a "tip" for midnight game, so stuck him in a few trebles and he ended up coming second and could have had placing reversed with winner at an enquiry but that went against me too. He was the last leg in the ones I had him in with the other selections winning. To make things worse my trebles he was not in included Oscar Whisky and he came to grief at the last hurdle, sick as a pig and down a fair few bob, even one treble would have had me up for the day instead of a few ton down. As cover I also did Overturn, OW sfc but that got flipped too!

Not to be deterred I picked 5 today and did singles and a 5fold and I also included Liverpool in a 6fold, all I can say is so much for Lucky William who finished second. Todays net result loads of winners but missed out on collecting €2,000 by one selection and for the second day running Geraghty ruined my life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

hucklebuck wrote: »
    I am starting to lose my mind. :mad:

I have been really struggling to find winners, no bother with seconds being beaten less than a length for the most part.

Yesterday I got a "tip" for midnight game, so stuck him in a few trebles and he ended up coming second and could have had placing reversed with winner at an enquiry but that went against me too. He was the last leg in the ones I had him in with the other selections winning. To make things worse my trebles he was not in included Oscar Whisky and he came to grief at the last hurdle, sick as a pig and down a fair few bob, even one treble would have had me up for the day instead of a few ton down. As cover I also did Overturn, OW sfc but that got flipped too!

Not to be deterred I picked 5 today and did singles and a 5fold and I also included Liverpool in a 6fold, all I can say is so much for Lucky William who finished second. Todays net result loads of winners but missed out on collecting €2,000 by one selection and for the second day running Geraghty ruined my life!!

The fact your doing trebles and accumulators doesn't help. There's always one as the saying goes! Luck will change soon though whatever you do don't go chasing it back;)

Barenger runs in the last at Newbury tomorrow.

yes cant wait 2 see him run.. suppose to be good thing... hope so

pudzy wrote: »
    yes cant wait 2 see him run.. suppose to be good thing... hope so

Where did you get word he is a good thing ?

Here I'd say....

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Themonkey

very good info bolted up 5 to 2 happy days

sting60 big thank you... worth the wait... happy days.. great tip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭knockostia

Its great to see punters in peril and unfairly unlucky rescued by another. Fair play to you sir. Will be keeping tabs on this thread in future.

Fair play to you Sting 60, a very good tip, delivered with confidence

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement