Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

When you click on the post reply button and the new window opens, there's a toolbar above the text box. One of the symbols looks like a globe with a paperclip underneath it (it's to the left of the red 'X' over what looks like a paperclip).

If you click on the globe a new box opens and then you can paste in the web address (as it appears in the web address box) into the new text box. When you click on 'ok' it'll come up in the necessary code and you type in what you want where the web address is highlighted. Then complete the post in the normal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You have almost 5k posts and you didnt know how to do that. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

mdwexford wrote: »

I discovered two days ago how to put a photo into a post.
    I still don't know how to put in text from an article like Nulty often does.
    I also don't know how to use snippets from quotes while multi quoting.
    I don't know how to put a video into a post.

I'll stop now before I run out of characters.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

mdwexford wrote: »

Not intended personally,

Obviously eveyone on here has to bow to your superior knowledge, having read your posts over the last couple of weeks you have stated you are cleverer than others, obviously an expert at the above, know all about ratings and have even declared youreself as an entry in one of the races at the festival. Please tell me what you are backing at the festival, as no doubt you must have at least one million from your betting exploits. :)

Damned dangleberries annoying my hole.

• Advertisement

Anyone get the pun eh?

Not intended personally,

Obviously eveyone on here has to bow to your superior knowledge, having read your posts over the last couple of weeks you have stated you are cleverer than others, obviously an expert at the above, know all about ratings and have even declared youreself as an entry in one of the races at the festival. Please tell me what you are backing at the festival, as no doubt you must have at least one million from your betting exploits. :)

Not intended personally yet you attempt to rip me out of it?

I am fairly certain i know more than 95% of the posters here about racing.
    I am very clever.
    Yes i know about ratings, not too hard tbh.
    That was a joke, seems a lot of you didnt pick up on that, hence the me being cleverer you see.
    No i dont actually back much, i just love racing.

I love you too.

I let out a little lawl. Long Term Louth that post he made underneath mine I understood it just to be a joke,not in a condescending way. I've said many times here that I can just about open the browser,even with my post count.

I too have limited knowledge when it comes to technology, and even less I feel when it comes to racing, having backed horses for the last 35 years. However I know how to treat fellow poster's equally and dont mind having the urine taken out of me, in fact I enjoy it, amazing when the roles are reversed how some react. BTW, Got the joke first time about running in the Arkle, as for the clever part, this was aimed directly at a fellow poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

md used to be much more of a hard ass....i reckon hes mellowing out into a decent member of society :pac:

• Advertisement

The big softy :pac:

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I let out a little lawl. Long Term Louth that post he made underneath mine I understood it just to be a joke,not in a condescending way. I've said many times here that I can just about open the browser,even with my post count.

Was indeed.
    I too have limited knowledge when it comes to technology, and even less I feel when it comes to racing, having backed horses for the last 35 years. However I know how to treat fellow poster's equally and dont mind having the urine taken out of me, in fact I enjoy it, amazing when the roles are reversed how some react. BTW, Got the joke first time about running in the Arkle, as for the clever part, this was aimed directly at a fellow poster.

Hmm thought i reacted pretty well, just as well it wasnt Richie Lawlor or there would be bans all over the shop.

Yeah i knew everyone did, just that one guy seems a little ahem, special.
    Nulty wrote: »
    md used to be much more of a hard ass....i reckon hes mellowing out into a decent member of society :pac:

Haha think you could be right. ;)

I'm partial to the odd pint of Guinness.

Dying today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Dying today.

Good night with Guinness involved? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Lami is running in his 7th consecutive chelthenham festival in the cross country.

Grande Champetre is running in his 7th but they were not consecutive.

I wonder has 7 festivals in a row ever been beaten can anyone think of a horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Lami is running in his 7th consecutive chelthenham festival in the cross country.

Grande Champetre is running in his 7th but they were not consecutive.

I wonder has 7 festivals in a row ever been beaten can anyone think of a horse?

Desert Orchid? Think he may have run in at least 7 maybe 8.

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Desert Orchid? Think he may have run in at least 7 maybe 8.

Racing post results only go back to 1989 but you could be right.

Edit your right he ran in 8 consecutive festivals between 1984-1991

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm partial to the odd pint of Guinness.
    Dying today.

8 days between those two posts.

Must have been one hell of a session !

Fair balls. :D

Was at a quiz the other night about the Cheltenham Festival. Just thought i'd ask a couple of questions i remembered see how good you's are. No Googling now!!!:p

Q1: Who rode Sophocles to finish 2nd to Cork All Star in the Champion bumper of 2007?

Q2: Who was the last Irish winner of the World Hurdle as it is known now?

Q3: In the Neptune Investment Novices Hurdle last year in which Peddlers Cross won which 100/1 shot was leading when he ran out at the 2nd last?

Q4: In 2008 who rode High Chimes to win the Kim Muir Handicap Chase?

Q5: What was Mick Fitzgeralds last Cheltenham winning ride?

All i can think of at the moment! We got 4 from these 5 right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I couldn't answer one of them but I'll try Jamie Spencer for Q1 (or another flat jockey)

Is number 2 Dorans Pride ? :confused:

Was no 5, xenophon?

Lapin wrote: »
    8 days between those two posts.

Must have been one hell of a session !

Fair balls. :D

Separate incidents :cool:

Afraid it wasn't Jamie Spencer for Q.1 and it's a lady:p

Doran's Pride is right;)

Xenophon is wrong aswell:p

Is no 5 Trabolgan?

Is no 5 Trabolgan?

Nope:D It was a Henderson horse though!

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Nope:D It was a Henderson horse though!

Green something in the johnny henderson chase?

Last guess Non So

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Is no 5 Trabolgan?

I was thinking him or L'ami (not sure if L'ami won in 08 but Mick fell off him in the National and sadly brought the curtain down on his great career - Hendersons loss is punditing's gain. I think he is awesome and generlly spot on)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement