Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Prince of Burma appreciation thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

This used to be Greetings,got my name changed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

UrbanSea wrote: »
    This used to be Greetings,got my name changed.

Turncoat... :D

Watching the racing convert?

Watching the racing convert?

I was... Hence the reason I didn't reply! :D

You enjoy it?

Aw ya it's the same in my house. The laptop doesn't work if the t.v's on :PAno.
    I did indeed,looking forward to Cheltenham now.

• Advertisement

Quiet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Is there anything more frustrating than seeing a jockey sitting on a horse travelling strongly whilst the jockey on the next is giving it everything and coming to the last all of a sudden a mistake is made by the strong traveller and he gets beat:mad: Davy Condon on Dante's King today was a perfect example. I actually didn't have any money on it but it's very frustrating to see jockey''s do these things when the best horse lose's the race through human error. Rant over:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Um no. I think you mean equine error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Agreed.

Show me evidence that the horse would have gone by if he asked him earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

I know who I'd be backing if they raced again anyway. Dante's King should have won the race. I didn't back it either. Theres obviously not going to be any 'evidence', but the winner was being pushed along from an early stage, the second was travelling like a dream and I believe he did overtake him at a stage. No? The rail horse rallied to win but I think a smarter ride would have sent favourite backers home happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

What about Montan against Saludos? If Carberry asked earlier would he have won?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Nulty wrote: »
    Agreed.

Show me evidence that the horse would have gone by if he asked him earlier.

Dantes King had already beaten the winner by 11 lenghts in his last race.

No one can know for sure if he would of won for but l'd say it's alot more likely that he would of won rather than not.

I just thought Davy Condon could have pushed Dante's King a bit earlier than he did and got up a couple of lengths on Davy Russell's mount (Sweeney Toons?)instead of being only half a length up on him coming to the last pulling him instead of pushing him into it. Its just one of them things that gets me annoyed watching racing whether he'd have won or not who knows but he gave himself no time to recover from the mistake.

Nulty wrote: »
    What about Montan against Saludos? If Carberry asked earlier would he have won?

I don't think Montan would have won as he wasn't making any ground at the end of the race. Plus the fact he never got in front of Saludos whereas Dante's King was in the lead at the last and was starting to pick up again come the finish line. Plus i can't give Carberry stick or Wexford and a few others will tear me to shreds:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭ahtfulal

If this is about worst ride of the month, how about Paul Townend on Lambro last week in the maiden hurdle, was cruising in behind the winner and took a pull before the last flight, a real shocker for me anyway because he was clearly the better horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ahtfulal wrote: »
    If this is about worst ride of the month, how about Paul Townend on Lambro last week in the maiden hurdle, was cruising in behind the winner and took a pull before the last flight, a real shocker for me anyway because he was clearly the better horse!

Willie Mullins wasnt too shy about reminding him in the enclosure either, fairly tore shreads off him and Townend retreated fairly humbled.

Did anyone see Paul Carberry on Martin Cruff in the 3:45 punchestown today.

It was a disgrace he actually took a pull of the reigns after the last hurdle
    yet the stewards took no action.

http://www.irishracing.com/v5newsitem?prid=51145

Have a look at the full race on attheraces.

So full I feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

22 days to go, wow im excited.

One of my friends is trying to win 10 grand.If ye click on this link and press vote I'd appreciate it. You can vote once a day.Thanks

http://www.actimelfulloflife.ie/profile-2249

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Just a random question that isn't really worthy of its own thread.

What has become of Darryl Holland? Doesn't seem to be riding much anymore. Not riding at all at the moment as far as I know. A jockey I've always had time for. Anyone know what's the story with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He was riding a lot last seasons flat season, probably on a break before it starts again.

Wasn't he arrested in Cyprus before the flat season last year over having fake money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

robbie1977 wrote: »

kauto star at 10/1 looks a great bet to me for gold cup

My bet smells like fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Johner wrote: »
    He was riding a lot last seasons flat season, probably on a break before it starts again.

He didn't appear to be getting as many rides as he used to though, and didn't ride many winners either.

As for Kauto at 10/1, can't see him winning it again.

Old Vic died today. Pity.

Old Vic died today. Pity.

Only saw this now. Quite shocked to hear that.

Link to story on the racing post site.

• Advertisement

Hey convert how do you do that to a link?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement