Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 6 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Oh massive comeback for the Texans
    <3 redzone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭Trampas

not looking at pitt game but did big ben do something looked down on for the last score of game

• Registered Users Posts: 39,689 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Akers has missed three FG and is the first kicker to do this for philly since 1989.

Yes, D finally stepped up.
    Come on Rodgers, this is your time.

or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bears lose.
    Need the Phins to do us a favour now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Seahawks win in Chicago:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Chargers, WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Eagles win 31-17, Ryan has a meltdown on the sideline ala Romo. Eagles Offense was explosive today. Go Birds!

I don't like Overtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thank you, Miami! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Dolphins just clinched it. Pity they didn't just defend properly in normal time to win me some money @ -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

cooker3 wrote: »
    I don't like Overtime.

TBH we didnt even deserve it. Im not even gonna bother anaylsis this too mch just so annoyed that was an awful performance dont know how we stayed in it that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Such a huge win for the Patriots. And there is so much to be delighted about besides the win.

Branch is back where he belongs and looking like he did before he left. Woody is just awesome and a superb replacement for Faulk. And the Defense has come on in leaps and bounds. I predicted the D would start to pick up after the bye week but they had a grear performance before it as well. We can go all the way this year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

eagle eye wrote: »
    Such a huge win for the Patriots. And there is so much to be delighted about besides the win.

Branch is back where he belongs and looking like he did before he left. Woody is just awesome and a superb replacement for Faulk. And the Defense has come on in leaps and bounds. I predicted the D would start to pick up after the bye week but they had a grear performance before it as well. We can go all the way this year now.

You're great at those predictions, I'd go as far as to say yuo're eagle eyed! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Tim Tebow gets his first NFL regular season TD :)

And bang goes Sanchez interception-less streak. 2 so far tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

What a game!!

On the train back for Foxboro and heart is still pounding!!

We started slow and I feared the worst. Brady was having a horrible day but somehow we pulled it out and foxboro was electric. Great win!

Hazys wrote: »
    What a game!!

On the train back for Foxboro and heart is still pounding!!

We started slow and I feared the worst. Brady was having a horrible day but somehow we pulled it out and foxboro was electric. Great win!
    Gotta say man thats the loudest Gillette crowd I've heard in a long time. You must be one loud mofo!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Such an important win for us tonight, showed good grit in coming back too

Important for too many reasons to go into right now! no time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Gotta say man thats the loudest Gillette crowd I've heard in a long time. You must be one loud mofo!:)

I went to the Bengals game and the atmosphere was shocking, nobody was cheering or standing up on 3rd down, it was so quiet u cud nearly hear Brady audible from the 3rd tier...it was a joke, Brady was right to call out the fans.

Today was fcuking epic!! Thr place was jumping, Best game I've ever been to in Foxboro.

• Advertisement

Aw man, NFL.com was saying Kyle Orton passed to Kyle Orton for a TD. That would have been awesome were it not a typo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Archimedes wrote: »
    Aw man, NFL.com was saying Kyle Orton passed to Kyle Orton for a TD. That would have been awesome were it not a typo :)
    Didn't Nelson do that in The Simpsons? Would've been epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

WTF are they playing at haha ridiculous end to the game shoudlve just took a knee and got it over with.

What a sick ending to the Broncos/Jets game. Ugh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Indecision, indiscipline, and weak tactics contribute to anyother frustrating night as a Cowboy.

If Alex Barron had not interefered with play against the Skins and ensured a flag instead of a TD for Roy Williams , Gurode not contributed heavily to a 70 yard penalty loss against the Titans, and indisciple not given rise to Des Bryant losing a 37 yard return, and a touchdown for Miles Austin, then it is possible that it would be 4-1 for the Cowboys instead of 1-4.

Wade Phillips really needs to get his act together. If the Cowboys wish to make the post season they can only afford to lose one more game. Regrettably, the Colts, the Saints, the Cardinals, the Giants, the Eagles, and the Skins are yet to come. Methinks that Phillip's p45 is being prepared in Arlington.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

What a sick ending to the Broncos/Jets game. Ugh:(

the latest in the long line of depressing defeats for the broncos, unreal. least the whole div. lost but small comfort

It doesn't surprise me that the problem with a team belonging to Phillips is indiscipline. He knows his stuff, and has all the talent in the world available to him, but he's just too nice and easygoing for the job in Dallas. He needs to be more ruthless, and only then might the players cut out some of the shíte they allow happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Archimedes wrote: »
    It doesn't surprise me that the problem with a team belonging to Phillips is indiscipline. He knows his stuff, and has all the talent in the world available to him, but he's just too nice and easygoing for the job in Dallas. He needs to be more ruthless, and only then might the players cut out some of the shíte they allow happen.

Same prob with Norv in San Diego, or so they say... Wade is seriously in the hot seat now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If the Cowboys fail to make the playoffs this year, and it is now a very real possibility, WP surely has to go this time?

Norv Turner is an enigma, he must have photos of something very controversial to be still in a job in SD tbh... underachievers is not the word

I actually like Phillips, not so much Turner

• Advertisement

Its goes higher than Wade Phillips. The reason he was brought in there was so that Jerry and Stephen Jones could continue to do things their way. Parcells left after they forced TO on him, like they brought in Pacman Jones who was a known thug as well. They do all the drafting too, Wade Phillips has no say in that.

If the players know that you are not fully in charge of them then its going to be very hard to keep them in check. Jerry Jones has to stop his meddling in team affairs or it will never change. There were character issues with Bryant but Jones took him in the first round.

Advertisement