Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 6 thread

Options
  • 16-10-2010 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭

Bye Week: Arizona Cardinals, Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers, Cincinnati Bengals

Sunday, October 17th

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers 6 pm
    New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccanneers 6 pm
    Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers 6 pm
    San Diego Chargers at St. Louis Rams 6 pm
    Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots 6 pm
    Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans 6 pm
    Detroit Lions at New York Giants 6 pm
    Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles 6 pm
    Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears 6 pm
    Oakland Raiders at San Francisco 49ers 9:05 pm
    New York Jets at Denver Broncos 9:05 pm
    Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings 9:15 pm

Monday, October 18th 1:20 am(Sunday Night Game)

Indianapolis Colts at Washington Redskins

Tuesday October 19th 1:30 am(Monday Night Game)

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars

Sunday, October 17th

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers 6 pm Big Ben rejoins the 3-1 Steelers who are now many peoples favourites to win it all this year. Their D is back where it was when they won in two years ago and their offense should take a jump forward with Roethlisberger back at the controls. This should be easy. Pittsburgh Steelers
    New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccanneers 6 pm Well the Bucs impressed coming off their bye week when beating the Bengals in Cincy. They have improved a lot this season. Meanwhile the New Orleans Saints lost at home last week with Drew Brees the culprit for most of it. There were signs of life from that super offense from last year but if this loss to the Cardinals doesn't shake them out of that superbowl hangover then their season is pretty much done. I still think the Saints will play a major part in the postseason and I'm going for them here. New Orleans Saints
    Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers 6 pm A lot of people are going for the upset here with all the injuries in Green Bay. Thing is that even with those injuries the biggest problem for the Packers has been Special teams and Miami isn't much better in that department. Aaron Rodgers looks like he will play the game and that will be a huge boost to this Packers team. The other problem they are having though is stopping the run and Miami can run the ball all day long. Chad Pennington is rumoured to be taking over and if that happens I think there will be a lot of wildcat in this game like previous years. I just feel though that Rodgers and his magnificent offense even without Finley will do enough to win this. Green Bay Packers
    San Diego Chargers at St. Louis Rams 6 pm Yep I've said it every week and I'll say it again, how does Norv Turner still have a job? The Rams got destroyed in Detroit last week, not only that but Sam Bradford lost his best receiver in Mark Clayton. I expect that its down to Steven Jackson here to do the damage with Bradford having to get used to a new no.1 and thats going to take a bit of time for a rookie. The Chargers have Ryan Matthews back and their offense is just too powerful. The Rams might struggle to match them for scoring. San Diego Chargers
    Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots 6 pm The first game without Randy Moss for the Patriots. Still coming off a bye week and at home in Gillette Stadium with a chip on their shoulders after last seasons embarrassing playoff loss I fancy them here. It won't be easy by any means against one of the better defenses in the league. They do know how to score though and thats a problem for the Ravens. Ray Rice has been struggling all week, Joe Flacco is just too easy to put off his game and while they have a nice bunch of receivers I just don't see them matching the Patriots for scoring. It will still be close though. New England Patriots
    Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans 6 pm Well the Chiefs lost the unbeaten record last week and they go to Houston to face the struggling Texans this week. The Chiefs front seven is pretty special and while they lost last week the Colts only managed to score one touchdown last week at home and that was at the end of the fourth quarter which made the score a little flattering to finish at 19-9. The Texans are having trouble with pass protection since they lost their left tackle, Andre Johnson still hasn't practiced fully, Jones is questionable for Sunday and Kevin Walter has failed to step up to the plate. Arian Foster has been in trouble with the coach as well. Its just all going wrong for the Texans offense and their D has been horrendous against the pass. Meanwhile Matt Cassel has threatened to do some damage in recent weeks and I can see him getting the time this week to cause a lot of trouble for the Texans D. If you told me at the start of the year that the Chiefs would be 4-1 after week 6 I'd have laughed in your face. Kansas City Chiefs
    Detroit Lions at New York Giants 6 pm Well the Giants have suddenly started to motor on offense and their D has shown how important it is to give them a rest with some magnificent performances. The Giants are suddenly looking like the favourites to win the NFC East. The Lions have improved a lot but they really look up against it here. Shaun Hill has played well but likes the short ball and that won't work against this team and Megatron is questionable for this game and tbh if I was the Lions coach I wouldn't take any chances with him this week. New York Giants
    Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles 6 pm This is one real tough game. Kolb had a solid game last week and if his confidence is up then this game could be the making of the man. Vick did limited practice on Friday and while they are not starting him, he will be there if things are going bad for Kolb. I like Kolb though and I fancy him here to put a big decision on Andy Reid when Vick returns to full fitness. The Falcons are not to be underestimated but apart from the blowout at home against the Cardinals they have been just doing enough to win games and its never going to be that easy in Philly. The Eagles need a win here and it will be interesting to see what happens after Kolb leads them to Vic(k)tory. Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears 6 pm This is a tough one to work out. On the one hand the Seahawks have given up a lot of yardage but they have faced the two hottest QBs in the league so far and have given up over 800 yards combined to Rivers and Orton. They have been getting to the QB too and thats not good for Cutler and that awful pass protecting line of his. The Seahawks are fresh too coming off their bye week. Add to that they are second best against the run and this doesn't look like a nice matchup for the Bears offense.
    Letting Deion Branch go is a strange one. I thought he was playing quite well for them but Carroll must be happy with things as they are. Thing is that the Bears are really good against the run too so that leaves this game in the hands of Matt Hasselbeck and his line hasn't been great either.
    So now we look at special teams and both these outfits are at the top of the rankings. Its going to be a really tight affair and my gut tells me that the fresher Seahawks if they get to Cutler early will win this one. Seattle Seahawks
    Oakland Raiders at San Francisco 49ers 9:05 pm Well the Raiders got a huge win last week and they will be full of confidence heading to Candlestick Park. The 49ers are 0-5 under a terrible coach(yes I've been saying this every week too) but the rot has to stop somewhere and I fancy them this week. The Raiders win when they can run the ball and the 49ers are real good at stopping that. The Raiders run defense did ok last week but its been their problem all year and Frank Gore will like his chances of a big game here. San Francisco 49ers
    New York Jets at Denver Broncos 9:05 pm I'm very interested in this matchup and I think its a nightmare for the Jets D. The reason I believe this is because the Broncos use the screen pass quite a bit and the Jets like to blitz. With Orton's accuracy right now thats a huge problem for the Jets. If they come and its a screen he gets the short pass off which could go for big yardage, if they don't come he could potentially beat them with a longer throw.
    Sanchez is having a decent run right now but this game is at high altitude and it takes getting used to. Their running game might be a big problem for the Broncos though and if they stick to the ground it could work for them. I can't see that though and I just think that Sanchez is likely to make mistakes in this game due to the thinner air that will cost the Jets the win. Denver Broncos
    Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings 9:15 pm Well anything could happen there. Brett Favre is questionable for this one and with the way he has been playing it might be a blessing for the Vikings if he was to miss it. The Cowboys still have big problems with that offensive line and its going to be tough for Romo. It could come down to AP vs Felix Jones and Barber and I'd always take AP if thats the case. Wild guess here. Minnesota Vikings

Monday October 18th 1:20 am (Sunday Night game)

Indianapolis Colts at Washington Redskins Well the Colts are 3-2 along with every other team in the AFC South. Its hard to know what will happen here. One week the Colts stop the run the next week a team runs wild on them. The Redskins have a well balanced offense but you just don't know if they are going to turn up or not for sure. You know the Colts will score in this one and its all about if the Redskins can match them in that department. I just have to take the Colts even though I am well aware that the Redskins are at home but I'm just not sold on Ryan Torrain yet and he is a very important man in this game. Indianapolis Colts

Tuesday October 19th 1:30 am (Monday Night game)

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars CJ vs MJD. This should be one hell of a Monday night game. I'm already looking forward to it, it should be really exciting to watch. Its just so different with two QBs who like to run with the ball and two of the best RBs in the league. I've fancied the Titans for a long time to be a big team this year and I think they have to stamp their authority on the division with a big win here. The Jags have won their last two and they are always good in divisional matchups but I just like Tennessee in this one and the reason being that Vince Young has the better arm. Tennessee Titans

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

eagle eye wrote: »
    The other problem they are having though is stopping the run

Really?

Week 1: LeSean McCoy, 35 yards
    Week 2: Marshawn Lynch, 64 yards
    Week 3: Matt Forte, 29 yards
    Week 4: Jahvid Best, 50 yards
    Week 5: Ryan Torrain, 40 yards

Take away Michael Vick, who had they known they would be facing, would have put in a gameplan to nullify him, and they're doing a pretty good job. Ronnie Brown may have a good game against them, he may not, but to say the Packers are having trouble stopping the is just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans 6 pm Well the Chiefs lost the unbeaten record last week and they go to Houston to face the struggling Texans this week. The Chiefs front seven is pretty special and while they lost last week the Colts only managed to score one touchdown last week at home and that was at the end of the fourth quarter which made the score a little flattering to finish at 19-9. The Texans are having trouble with pass protection since they lost their left tackle, Andre Johnson still hasn't practiced fully, Jones is questionable for Sunday and Kevin Walter has failed to step up to the plate. Arian Foster has been in trouble with the coach as well. Its just all going wrong for the Texans offense and their D has been horrendous against the pass. Meanwhile Matt Cassel has threatened to do some damage in recent weeks and I can see him getting the time this week to cause a lot of trouble for the Texans D. If you told me at the start of the year that the Texans would be 4-1 after week 6 I'd have laughed in your face. Kansas City Chiefs

Tuesday October 19th 1:30 am (Monday Night game)

Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars CJ vs MJD. This should be one hell of a Sunday night game. I'm already looking forward to it, it should be really exciting to watch. Its just so different with two QBs who like to run with the ball and two of the best RBs in the league. I've fancied the Titans for a long time to be a big team this year and I think they have to stamp their authority on the division with a big win here. The Jags have won their last two and they are always good in divisional matchups but I just like Tennessee in this one and the reason being that Vince Young has the better arm. Tennessee Titans

Well, it would be quite an achievement for the Texans to go 4-1 when they're 3-2!

Likewise, it certainly will be some sunday night game if they decide to replay it on MNF!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Archimedes wrote: »
    Really?

Week 1: LeSean McCoy, 35 yards
    Week 2: Marshawn Lynch, 64 yards
    Week 3: Matt Forte, 29 yards
    Week 4: Jahvid Best, 50 yards
    Week 5: Ryan Torrain, 40 yards

Take away Michael Vick, who had they known they would be facing, would have put in a gameplan to nullify him, and they're doing a pretty good job. Ronnie Brown may have a good game against them, he may not, but to say the Packers are having trouble stopping the is just not true.
    They are 27th in the NFL on ypc given up. Just to clarify that, they are giving up more yards per carry than 26 other teams.

Syferus wrote: »
    Well, it would be quite an achievement for the Texans to go 4-1 when they're 3-2!

Likewise, it certainly will be some sunday night game if they decide to replay it on MNF!

Fixed.

They are 27th in the NFL on ypc given up. Just to clarify that, they are giving up more yards per carry than 26 other teams.

Again, exclude Michael Vick who they would not have prepared for (I really shouldn't have to repeat myself) and they are 12th against the run on yards per carry.

Just to clarify, that would mean they are giving up less yards per carry than 20 other teams in the league.

• Advertisement

Again, exclude Michael Vick who they would not have prepared for (I really shouldn't have to repeat myself) and they are 12th against the run on yards per carry.

Just to clarify, that would mean they are giving up less yards per carry than 20 other teams in the league.

They had to prepare for Michael Vick because it was expected that he would play some downs like he did in most games in 2009.

They gave up almost 6 yards per carry against Detroit. Its not about stopping one player like a lead back, its about stopping the run no matter who has the ball. Green Bay have not been doing that with any consistency this year and are struggling in that department.

And just as an aside they would be 16th if you took out Michael Vick's numbers and thats not good anyways.

They had to prepare for Michael Vick because it was expected that he would play some downs like he did in most games in 2009.

They gave up almost 6 yards per carry against Detroit. Its not about stopping one player like a lead back, its about stopping the run no matter who has the ball. Green Bay have not been doing that with any consistency this year and are struggling in that department.

And just as an aside they would be 16th if you took out Michael Vick's numbers and thats not good anyways.

Play some downs, not face him every down. They would have prepared for Kolb for the majority. And they would be level 12th if you took out Michael Vick.

Play some downs, not face him every down. They would have prepared for Kolb for the majority. And they would be level 12th if you took out Michael Vick.

Look you are wrong based on stats. Just accept it and move on. We can go and pick things out to suit us if we want but at the end of the day they gave up almost 6 yards per carry against Detroit so you just talking about Vick doesn't change the fact that they have had problems against the run.

Its ludicrous to pinpoint one player's performances and not look at the big picture. They wouldn't be nearly as bad against the run only for the performance against Detroit, similarly they would be lower only for the game against Washington. Even the Raiders wouldn't be one of the worst teams against the run if we only went by their game against the Chargers. You can't just pick out individual performances and decide that a team doesn't have a problem when I've already shown that they were horrific against the run in another game.

How am I wrong based on stats?

Week 1
    LeSean McCoy - 7 attempts, 35 yards
    Jeremy Maclin - 1 attempt, 11 yards
    Leonard Weaver 1 attempt, 0 yards

Week 2
    Marshawn Lynch - 17 attempts, 64 yards
    Fred Jackson - 9 attempts, 39 yards
    Trent Edwards - 3 attempts, 12 yards
    Roscoe Parrish - 1 attempt, 4 yards
    CJ Spiller - 1 attempt, 3 yards
    Jonathan Stupar - 1 attempt, 2 yards

Week 3
    Jay Cutler - 3 attempts, 37 yards
    Matt Forte - 11 attempts, 29 yards
    Chester Taylor - 3 attempts, 9 yards
    Johnny Knox - 1 attempt, 2 yards

Week 4
    Shaun Hill - 4 attempts, 53 yards
    Jahvid Best - 12 attempts, 50 yards
    Kevin Smith - 3 attempts, 12 yards
    Jerome Felton - 1 attempt, 6 yards
    Calvin Johnson - 1 attempt, 2 yards

Week 5
    Ryan Torain - 16 attempts, 40 yards
    Donovan McNabb - 4 attempts, 10 yards
    Keiland Williams - 1 attempt, 1 yard

Total Attempts = 101, Total Yards = 421

421/101 = 4.1

Which places them level 12th on yards per attempt excluding Michael Vick. Whats wrong about my statistics there?

You're the one pin pointing a single performance, you're rambling on about them being poor against the Lions, thus being poor overall. Why doesn't the same count for against the Redskins? They were great that day, so by your logic that makes them great overall?

What's more likely, the team that were last season the number 1 ranked team against the run in regards to yards per game, and second best in terms of yards per attempt, suddenly got crap because little eagle eye think he's spotted something? Or could it be that you're full of shít yet again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Ah Ladies, give it a rest will ya...

• Advertisement

How am I wrong based on stats?

Week 1
    LeSean McCoy - 7 attempts, 35 yards
    Jeremy Maclin - 1 attempt, 11 yards
    Leonard Weaver 1 attempt, 0 yards

Week 2
    Marshawn Lynch - 17 attempts, 64 yards
    Fred Jackson - 9 attempts, 39 yards
    Trent Edwards - 3 attempts, 12 yards
    Roscoe Parrish - 1 attempt, 4 yards
    CJ Spiller - 1 attempt, 3 yards
    Jonathan Stupar - 1 attempt, 2 yards

Week 3
    Jay Cutler - 3 attempts, 37 yards
    Matt Forte - 11 attempts, 29 yards
    Chester Taylor - 3 attempts, 9 yards
    Johnny Knox - 1 attempt, 2 yards

Week 4
    Shaun Hill - 4 attempts, 53 yards
    Jahvid Best - 12 attempts, 50 yards
    Kevin Smith - 3 attempts, 12 yards
    Jerome Felton - 1 attempt, 6 yards
    Calvin Johnson - 1 attempt, 2 yards

Week 5
    Ryan Torain - 16 attempts, 40 yards
    Donovan McNabb - 4 attempts, 10 yards
    Keiland Williams - 1 attempt, 1 yard

Total Attempts = 101, Total Yards = 421

421/101 = 4.1

Which places them level 12th on yards per attempt excluding Michael Vick. Whats wrong about my statistics there?

You're the one pin pointing a single performance, you're rambling on about them being poor against the Lions, thus being poor overall. Why doesn't the same count for against the Redskins? They were great that day, so by your logic that makes them great overall?

What's more likely, the team that were last season the number 1 ranked team against the run in regards to yards per game, and second best in terms of yards per attempt, suddenly got crap because little eagle eye think he's spotted something? Or could it be that you're full of shít yet again?

Jay Cutler - 3 attempts, 37 yards = 11+ ypc
    Shaun Hill - 4 attempts, 53 yards 11+ ypc

This shows that they just can't stop a QB running for big yardage. Its got nothing to do with not being prepared.

Jay Cutler - 3 attempts, 37 yards = 11+ ypc
    Shaun Hill - 4 attempts, 53 yards 11+ ypc

This shows that they just can't stop a QB running for big yardage. Its got nothing to do with not being prepared.

Well QBs will ever only run when they see a big opening, so obviously they're going to get a healthy YPC.

You also said that my stats were wrong and that I should accept it and move on. Im waiting for you to point out what was wrong about them.

Although, tbh, conversing with somebody who thinks the Packers are a poor team against the run is hardly worth bothering with, because you are so, so wrong and have a tremendous history of not being able to admit when you are wrong.

Well QBs will ever only run when they see a big opening, so obviously they're going to get a healthy YPC.

You also said that my stats were wrong and that I should accept it and move on. Im waiting for you to point out what was wrong about them.

Although, tbh, conversing with somebody who thinks the Packers are a poor team against the run is hardly worth bothering with, because you are so, so wrong and have a tremendous history of not being able to admit when you are wrong.

Really you are really very insulting in your posts. Facts are that the Green Bay Packers are the 6th worse team against the run in the NFL on a ypc basis.

And you are tricking people here by rounding down 4.16 to 4.1 when anybody who knows anything about math knows you round it up and not down. That leaves them on 4.2 ypc in 16th not 12th.

But thats just typical of you, first you want to take out the yardage for one player to suit your argument, then you want to round down numbers that always go up to suit your argument. I'll let everybody make up their own minds on it from here. You really are being very childish here.

Really you are really very insulting in your posts. Facts are that the Green Bay Packers are the 6th worse team against the run in the NFL on a ypc basis.

And you are tricking people here by rounding down 4.16 to 4.1 when anybody who knows anything about math knows you round it up and not down. That leaves them on 4.2 ypc in 16th not 12th.

But thats just typical of you, first you want to take out the yardage for one player to suit your argument, then you want to round down numbers that always go up to suit your argument. I'll let everybody make up their own minds on it from here. You really are being very childish here.

Wait wait wait, we're not talking about Math, we're talking about football.

If a player gains 4.16 yards, he doesn't gain 4.2 yards. If he's 4.2 yards short of first down, the umpire isn't going to say "Ah sure we'll round that up for you".

If you insist on getting bogged down on decimals to the power of 100, a YPC of 4.16 would put them in 14th, with the Ravens in 15th (4.18) and the Dolphins in 16th (4.24).

To quote yourself, "Look you are wrong based on stats. Just accept it and move on".

The only thing that's childish is your very stupid opinion that the Packers are a poor team against the run. I'll also let others judge you on that opinion, because it's an absolutely laughable and idiotic opinion from a poster I expect no less from.

Wait wait wait, we're not talking about Math, we're talking about football.

If a player gains 4.16 yards, he doesn't gain 4.2 yards. If he's 4.2 yards short of first down, the umpire isn't going to say "Ah sure we'll round that up for you".

If you insist on getting bogged down on decimals to the power of 100, a YPC of 4.16 would put them in 14th, with the Ravens in 15th (4.18) and the Dolphins in 16th (4.24).

To quote yourself, "Look you are wrong based on stats. Just accept it and move on".

The only thing that's childish is your very stupid opinion that the Packers are a poor team against the run. I'll also let others judge you on that opinion, because it's an absolutely laughable and idiotic opinion from a poster I expect no less from.

Well I'm tired of your ridiculous comments.

As things stands in the NFL the Green Bay Packers are the 26th worse team at defending against the run on a ypc basis and thats a real fact.

Well I'm tired of your ridiculous comments.

I've heard the same said about you on many occasions from many posters in many forums.
    As things stands in the NFL the Green Bay Packers are the 26th worse team at defending against the run on a ypc basis and thats a real fact.

Like I said, that statistic is very misleading. I've made my point, you've failed to address is properly. If you want to leave it at that, then that's fine and dandy. Any problems, I'm only a friendly PM away.

I've heard the same said about you on many occasions from many posters in many forums.
    Many forums, really? I've only ever posted in a very small few.
    Like I said, that statistic is very misleading. I've made my point, you've failed to address is properly. If you want to leave it at that, then that's fine and dandy. Any problems, I'm only a friendly PM away.
    Oh yeah I forgot I brought up the Detroit game which you never addressed. Thats the game they gave up almost 6 yards per carry.

I'm done dragging this thread off topic tbh, Im sure anyone who knows anything about the NFL today will already know what side of the Packers versus the run debate they fall on without having to read the page of dross that's gone on before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers
    New Orleans Saints at Tampa Bay Buccanneers
    Miami Dolphins at Green Bay Packers
    San Diego Chargers at St. Louis Rams
    Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots
    Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans
    Detroit Lions at New York Giants
    Atlanta Falcons at Philadelphia Eagles
    Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears
    Oakland Raiders at San Francisco 49ers
    New York Jets at Denver Broncos
    Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

timeout.jpg

Official TO on the field. We appreciate the passion of a couple players on this thread, but let's get back to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Brian010

Here's a nice stat:

Green Bay Packers are 15th in overall run defense and Miami are 15th overall in run offense. That bodes for a stalemate on the ground. Miami have solid corners and are very physical. The fact GB are banged up suggests Miami should edge it.

Miami 24 - Green Bay 20

DA BEARS will beat the Seahawks!! Seahawks don't travel well. I think Seattle run defense stats are massively misleading as they have played the Broncos and Chargers who are bad on the ground. They also had a bye week. On the contrary, they contained Gore and Jackson which is promising for them. I still think Forte will have a big day whether on the ground or through the air.

Seattle 13 - Chicago 30

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Speaking of all these stats, what is the best site to have a look at everything statistical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Brian010

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Speaking of all these stats, what is the best site to have a look at everything statistical?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

It really depends on what you are looking for.

pro-football-reference is really good for basic stats. Football outsiders is really great for innovative stats, its my favourite site by far for stats.

Of the bigger sites my favourite one is msn foxsports.

Interestingly football outsiders rank Green Bay's pass defense 5th in the NFL and their rushing defense 25th and I hadn't looked at that this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I've watched every single play of the Packers this season and have not been impressed with our Run D. We are vulnerable up the middle and bear in mind, by far our best player this season, Clay Matthews looks like he will be out of the match and that is a massive blow.
    I think the game is pretty 50-50 tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears -- if Cutlers playing

Did I miss the reason why Michael Vick's stats don't count? Or should I just let that one lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

davyjose wrote: »
    Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears -- if Cutlers playing

Did I miss the reason why Michael Vick's stats don't count? Or should I just let that one lie?

Coz he is injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

davyjose wrote: »

Because he's one extreme. It's a reasonable enough statistical device to employ when trying to make your point. However, where Archimedes falls down is that he didn't do the same for any other team, so comparisons are null and void.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee