Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Karma exist?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Yeah, i definately belive in Karma. It makes sense when you think about it.

Karma's a bitch when you act like one. If your mean to people and talk badly of people, it will be picked up on and you will loose friends/friendly faces and will eventually end up on your own (am witnessing this atm after being being talked badly of and put down). So yeah, i definately believe.

If your nice to people, people will be nice to you. Why would you be awful to somebody and refuse to lend a hand to somebody who is always friendly to you/offering help?!

;)

Surely that's more to do with social dynamics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Karma does exist, currently waiting for her to nab someone! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

How does that make it exist? How do you know they'll be nabbed? They might not be.
    Yeah, i definately belive in Karma. It makes sense when you think about it.

Karma's a bitch when you act like one. If your mean to people and talk badly of people, it will be picked up on and you will loose friends/friendly faces and will eventually end up on your own (am witnessing this atm after being being talked badly of and put down). So yeah, i definately believe.

If your nice to people, people will be nice to you. Why would you be awful to somebody and refuse to lend a hand to somebody who is always friendly to you/offering help?!

;)
    That's not karma as a mystical force, that's just common-sense. When someone who is a school bully ends up in a really amazing career, where's karma? When someone who has been good all their life is diagnosed with cancer, where's karma?
    Sure, bad things can happen to the first person, and good things can happen to the second, but that's just because sh1t happens. It's not explained by karma, because what force is used to explain when there ISN'T a karma type outcome?
    I heard recently about a woman who was physically abused in an industrial school, sexually abused in the homes she visited when taken off the institution grounds for day trips... then things improved when she became a mother herself... then her two children were killed in a house fire.

Karma seems like bollocks.

Advertisement