Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo for Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 robertass

Update showed up on three, yahoo!!!! I thought will be on 2k11, nice Xmas present lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

robertass wrote: »
    Update showed up on three, yahoo!!!! I thought will be on 2k11, nice Xmas present lol

Just tried on 3 now and no update :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Reggie 365

Just starting upgrade now

..... Not enough battery power .... Have to charge first. But upgrade is there waiting (3 network).

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SUNGSAM

I'm on Three and Kies is allowing me to update to 2.2 but I didn't have enough power to proceed!!!

Charging now so hopefully all goes well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep downloading now :)

EDIT:

...Installed...

...Running a little slow...

...Apps missing...

All went well, only prob was my android market downloads were missing and so did a hard reset.. it's fully recommended! It's so much faster now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 robertass

any laag fix and stuff for froyo?

Mine still doesn't update on 3, any idea why i can't update? :confused:

angel01 wrote: »

Are you running latest Kies version. Maybe if you check that it might resolve it.

Reggie 365 wrote: »
    Are you running latest Kies version. Maybe if you check that it might resolve it.

Yeah its the latest version, I am charging phone, just in case but its already at 88% full... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

robertass wrote: »
    any laag fix and stuff for froyo?

After the hard reset, mine doesn't need a lag fix... so far it's very fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

How's flash stuff doing on the SGS with froyo?

How's flash stuff doing on the SGS with froyo?

Rte player working fine. Not tried any other flash stuff yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Give it a few days/weeks and after you've installed some apps. :( It does start to lag again. (especially the contacts for some unknown reason!)

I ended up installing the voodoo lag fix. Flying along nicely ever since!
    god's toy wrote: »
    After the hard reset, mine doesn't need a lag fix... so far it's very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Good site for testing flash is Kongregate, it has a mobile version full of flash games. :D
    http://www.kongregate.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭padlad

Can't get my phone to connect to kies (v1.5.3.10101_102 Windows 7 32bit) just get Connecting to Device in Kies and phone says it's connected. See lots of different info on this on the web - wondering how people here got it to work - 'cos it's bugging the crap out of me.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Disconnect the phone & goto Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card.
    Reconnect to KIES & it should install driver & connect ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭keithoh

angel01 wrote: »

Angel I'm also on 3 and see no update available, but my wifes 3 phone is allowing an upgrade.

The following info may help let people know which firmware builds are upgradable on 3 and which aren't.

My phone not upgradable
    PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3IE No update

Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband Version: I9000NEJG1
    Kernel Version: 2.6.29 root@SE-S602#2
    Build Number: ECLAIR.NEJG2

Wifes phone is upgradable
    PDA:JG3/PHONE:JG1/CSC:JG3 Update available

Kernel Version: 2.6.29 root@SE-S603#2
    Build Number: ECLAIR.NEJG3

Updating to PDA:JP5/PHONE:JP2/CSC:JP5

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

keithoh wrote: »
    Angel I'm also on 3 and see no update available, but my wifes 3 phone is allowing an upgrade.

The following info may help let people know which firmware builds are upgradable on 3 and which aren't.

My phone not upgradable

thanks for posting..that's interesting.
    Mine is unfortunately the exact same as yours ( 3IE etc) same firmware, basband version etc. I'm getting really impatient to be honest. As much as I love the phone - my husband got the htc desire and the flash player and quality on it is amazing and i'm just hoping that 'eventually' my samsung will be as good as it..
    I'm just wondering now if it's a problem with the version we bought etc and if we will ever be able to get the update..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭padlad

tried this (Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card(S)) to no avail, still doesn't connect

padlad wrote: »
    tried this (Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage > Unmount SD Card(S)) to no avail, still doesn't connect

You could try the following, keep the phone connected and in the Kies GUI there is a pull down menu at the top left, click on the Kies logo.

In the menu select Driver Recovery, this worked for me and I've never had a problem connecting my phone since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 bigears1

Hi
    I'm also on PDA:JG2/PHONE:JG1/CSC:3IE and like you am getting very annoyed with 3, surely someone from 3 should let us know what's going on, I see Vodaphone seem to be very good at keeping there customers advised, what a waste of time looking each day and hoping it will work. I really like the phone but if I don't get the upgrade soon will seriously consider getting an IPHONE from Vodaphone

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

I'm a little confused :confused:. My firmware is the same also (JG2/JG1) so does that mean I can never get the update or just not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 bigears1

I assume its just not there for our version yet, anyone from 3 out there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

hi everyone, looking for help please,

i'm ready to fire the laptop and the phone through the window :mad:

when i attach the galaxy to the pc with the usb... nothing happens. NOTHING!!!!!!

i am pretty much computer illiterate so any advice will need to be fairly dumbed down :o

thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

hi everyone, looking for help please,
    i'm ready to fire the laptop and the phone through the window :mad:
    when i attach the galaxy to the pc with the usb... nothing happens. NOTHING!!!!!!
    i am pretty much computer illiterate so any advice will need to be fairly dumbed down :o
    thanks in advance.

Try and run the Kies program first. Wait a minute and then connect the phone to the USB. See if it connects - may take a minute.

Your computer may be setup not to launch Kies automatically when you plug the phone into the USB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

keithoh wrote: »

My phone not upgradable

Same as you Keith:

My phone not upgradable

Maybe today?

Rang 3 and they were clueless.. we haven't released anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I wonder would using the registry hack with the updatable '3' phone details still lead to warranty issues? (i.e. PDA:JG3/PHONE:JG1/CSC:JG3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

As regards getting Kies to work, what worked for me was using the original launcher TouchWiz (I was using LauncherPro).

Then when I selected Kies Mode a screen popped up on the Galaxy stating I was connecting in Kies Mode.

Worth a shot, it worked for me. Afterwards I just switched back to LauncherPro again.

• Advertisement

I wonder would using the registry hack with the updatable '3' phone details still lead to warranty issues? (i.e. PDA:JG3/PHONE:JG1/CSC:JG3)

I just tried it, doesn't work. The registry hack doesn't work for the latest version of Kies. I think you need to go back to version 100 for it to work. The registry key keeps getting over written after you change it, with the new version of Kies.

Advertisement