Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo for Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Has anyone on o2 gotten this update yet? Hoping to get it soon and forget that Kies exists for another while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 robertass

on three? endless waiting.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

on emobile and waiting

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes I was wondering had it come to emobile yet and it seems not at least I know now.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

I'm also on emobile and waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

robertass wrote: »
    on three? endless waiting.. :)

Allegedly it will be next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 droidman

Installed this week and it seemed ok just a tiny bit of lag now and then. Did a factory wipe today to see if that would sort it out and it seems awful slow so wishing I hadn't - any easy fixes or software I can install to sort this out?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

One Click Lag Fix. Installed it today and the phone is finally living up to what I thought it should be, absolutely flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 droidman

One Click Lag Fix. Installed it today and the phone is finally living up to what I thought it should be, absolutely flying.

Do you have to root the phone 1st before applying the one click lag fix?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

droidman wrote: »
    Do you have to root the phone 1st before applying the one click lag fix?

Thanks

Yup, rooted using Z4Root. Think that only works with Froyo 2.2 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

+1 here...did it last night and its a completely different phone.Download these from the market and run.
    1. z4root
    2. Ext2 tools
    3. OCLF lagfix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

+1 here...did it last night and its a completely different phone.Download these from the market and run.
    1. z4root
    2. Ext2 tools
    3. OCLF lagfix

it would be great if you tell us/me exactly what you did if it isnt to much trouble.id love to fix the lag on mine.i have 2.2 by the way.

crazygeryy wrote: »
    it would be great if you tell us/me exactly what you did if it isnt to much trouble.id love to fix the lag on mine.i have 2.2 by the way.

As outlined above....diwnload those 3 apps from the marketplace and run them in that order. It really is that simple

As outlined above....diwnload those 3 apps from the marketplace and run them in that order. It really is that simple

well i did that.and it says oclf failed.but the phone seems to be working ok.how do i tell if its rooted?

i did the quadrant test and its still around 800-850

crazygeryy wrote: »
    well i did that.and it says oclf failed.but the phone seems to be working ok.how do i tell if its rooted?

i did the quadrant test and its still around 800-850

I didnt explain it properly.
    1. Install z4root
    2. Install oclf lagfix.
    3, run ext 2 tools from oclf app
    4. Run oclf lagfix.

Apologies....hope this helps a bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Hi,
    I installed froyo via kies last week and I think the phone has deteriorated.

The lag is still there. I have done z4root and OCLF but I think its still laggy.

I am getting a lot of force close messages - on bluetooth in particular. Bluetooth still works but I am getting the error message.

I also find the phone freezes and if I can wait it will come back. If not I power on and off to get it working.

Overall, I think there's and awful to be said for a user friendly iphone.

I love certain things about the phone - but the lag and the freezes are not acceptable.

Hi,
    I installed froyo via kies last week and I think the phone has deteriorated.

The lag is still there. I have done z4root and OCLF but I think its still laggy.

I am getting a lot of force close messages - on bluetooth in particular. Bluetooth still works but I am getting the error message.

I also find the phone freezes and if I can wait it will come back. If not I power on and off to get it working.

Overall, I think there's and awful to be said for a user friendly iphone.

I love certain things about the phone - but the lag and the freezes are not acceptable.

as well as doing the root id love to know if you can just go back to the way it was?as i presume you will have to do?if you unroot it and do a factory reset will it go back to like it was the day you bought it?

ps i know someone could easily say if you dont know anything about it dont do it.but we all gotta start somewhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Just checked Kies for an update. Nothing yet. On 3 network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got a Galaxy S over the weekend and went to update from 2.1-update1 to froyo as soon as I got it home. Downloaded Keis and while it said the phone was update-able, when I clicked update, it gave me the below, saying the devices version cannot be updated.

So does this mean the update isn't actually available??

KEIS-Unable-to-upgrade.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Got fed up waiting for the o2 update on Kies and fed up with Kies in general so I flashed via Odin. Got the OCLF and all working now. Lovely, it's given a new lease of life to the phone.

200087736.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1290976296&Signature=wO2Qn4lY1sqR99dHTKNIIjlwmLg%3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

smokingman wrote: »
    Got a Galaxy S over the weekend and went to update from 2.1-update1 to froyo as soon as I got it home. Downloaded Keis and while it said the phone was update-able, when I clicked update, it gave me the below, saying the devices version cannot be updated.

So does this mean the update isn't actually available??

It means the update has not been made available yet for whatever reason. What service provider are you with, I'm on 3 and still waiting, keep checking for an update over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 spiderhombre

december 1st, o2 galaxy s and still no update! slowly going spare. working in carphone warehouse and how am i supposed to accurately recommend the and display the phone without the newest software? also need dying to get flash working for those long lunch hours! any one else still in the same boat as me feeling cheated by samsung by their "by the end of november" promise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

december 1st, o2 galaxy s and still no update! slowly going spare. working in carphone warehouse and how am i supposed to accurately recommend the and display the phone without the newest software? also need dying to get flash working for those long lunch hours! any one else still in the same boat as me feeling cheated by samsung by their "by the end of november" promise?

Samsung released it ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Your problem is with O2.
    I really don't mean to take a cheap shot but your lack of knowledge on this sums up The Carphone Warehouse.
    They really need to stop pushing phones and contracts based on what is most profitable for them, and sell what is best for the customer.
    I'm with vodafone and my Galaxy S has 2.2 for a couple of weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

emobile says that the Froyo update should be available in the next 5-7 working days. http://letstalk.emobile.ie/forums/thread.aspx?id=962

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

kumar_aq wrote: »
    emobile says that the Froyo update should be available in the next 5-7 working days. http://letstalk.emobile.ie/forums/thread.aspx?id=962

Wonder if that's any indication for Three.

So tempting to flash with Odin, some cyanogen mod. I've heard amazing things, but I'm actually scared of bricking the phone.

Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mccarn22

this is how difficult I found it to get my update, www.bluebrace.blogspot.com but follow my steps and its made easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Got fed up waiting for the o2 update on Kies and fed up with Kies in general so I flashed via Odin. Got the OCLF and all working now. Lovely, it's given a new lease of life to the phone.

200087736.png?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1290976296&Signature=wO2Qn4lY1sqR99dHTKNIIjlwmLg%3D

Can you point me to the steps you used to flash with Odin.
    I am getting frustrated with the 2.2 that I upgraded to via Kies.
    I don't really want to get into (unofficial)upgrading - I had enough of that with the Blackberry Storm - but the lag and the required resets etc are getting to me.
    Also I presume you loose Touchwiz and all the other proprietary samsung stuff - which I don't really use. Anyone know what happens if you try to restore a Titanium backup onto a different version of the os.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

quick question guys...I'm with 3 also and waiting impatiently for the upgrade, but what I wanted to know is if I should have gotten a version 2.2 upgrade also .:confused:
    I have seen people mentioning both versions, so i'm just curious as to whether there is something amiss with my phone etc seeing as i'm still running v 2.1 ..

also i've tried the regedit fix but my phone keeps resetting itself to 3IE so i'm not sure if that's something i'm doing wrong or if Three have cottoned onto it..

any help greatly appreciated..:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here with Win 7 64 bit got it to update?
    I've tried a good few things but still stuck at the MTP drivers...

Dont have easy access to a different OS at the mo.
    Nearly considering setting up a dual boot on my PC to get around it :(

Advertisement