Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo for Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Dbaby

For those of us that cant upgrade did you all buy in the carphone warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭petejmk

Dbaby wrote: »
    For those of us that cant upgrade did you all buy in the carphone warehouse?

Mine's from CW but it updated with no problems yesterday on Kies.

petejmk wrote: »
    Mine's from CW but it updated with no problems yesterday on Kies.

I know some that bought in carphone work Im just wondering about the ones that dont...just looking for someone to blame!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭t.henno66

When i connect my phone to Kies, it's just constantly displaying "Connecting the device..... please wait" and nothing happens
    Any suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Upgraded today on meteor with no hassle off kies. Its awesome watching live tv on your phone. Excellent.
    I'm on vodafone bill pay and upgraded today with no hassle.
    Well appart from having to connect the laptop to the router with th wire instead of WIFI.
    Keis crashed my laptop WIFI.

What are you using for the live TV?

• Advertisement

t.henno66 wrote: »
    When i connect my phone to Kies, it's just constantly displaying "Connecting the device..... please wait" and nothing happens
    Any suggestions please

Restart your phone

Restart your phone

Just tried that, no joy. This Kies is a load of sh*t

Just tried that, no joy. This Kies is a load of sh*t

In the top right corner the down arrow click driver recovery, then let that run, then go to your phone settings, applications, development and turn on usb debugging. Plug into your pc. Let the drivers install. Unplug, turn off debugging restart phone and pc and plug in. Will install drivers and should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

Did you buy from the carphone warehouse??

Yes.

In the top right corner the down arrow click driver recovery, then let that run, then go to your phone settings, applications, development and turn on usb debugging. Plug into your pc. Let the drivers install. Unplug, turn off debugging restart phone and pc and plug in. Will install drivers and should be good

Sound ta, gonna do that now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Im on Meteor bill pay... still no update available to me. Attached is my screen shot of version info. The details of this info mean nothing to me? Could someone explain? Why is my version info wildly different from other screen shots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

PetKing wrote: »
    Im on Meteor bill pay... still no update available to me. Attached is my screen shot of version info. The details of this info mean nothing to me? Could someone explain? Why is my version info wildly different from other screen shots?

i have the same version and problem as you, i've been asking over on the vodafone forum but they didnt know why either.
    Am really annoyed about this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 robertass

still no froyo on kies, mine phone on three bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

robertass wrote: »
    still no froyo on kies, mine phone on three bill pay

3 haven't released it yet, 'very soon' is the official line on it. Not sure when that might be...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this isn't going to end well. I'm running a Mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

Does Kies know what network you're with?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 robertass

checking every day since september, getting tired :/ lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 philipjmurphy

Do you happen to know what you need on your PC to make USB tethering work? Is it Kies?

Possibly it is Kies - I do have it installed (that is how I upgraded). I didn't have to do anything special (running Kies on Windows Vista). I didn't have to configure anything in Kies - I just connected Phone, it appeared to auto-configure its own driver, and the UBS Tethering just worked. Sorry I can't be more help.

BTW, the reason I mentioned USB tethering is I don't think there was an explicit option on the setting menu before (maybe it was possible with some configuration and/or I just failed to notice the option).

Anyway, yes, women do think I am way cooler now :D

robwhit wrote: »
    Does Kies know what network you're with?

No, the phone product code determines if you get the update.

List here -

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Samsung_Galaxy_S_Series#Product_Codes_to_use_with_Kies

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MaSz

I'm upgrading to froyo at the moment. I'm on Meteor Bill pay.
    I removed 2 folders from sd and kies start to working, those folders are DCIM and download.

• Advertisement

robertass wrote: »
    checking every day since september, getting tired :/ lol

Meteor officially get it tomorrow, but it has been available for a couple of days to some of the lucky ones, 3 will be e bit longer as they add their own boot screen and apps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

smurra3 wrote: »
    I'm on vodafone bill pay and upgraded today with no hassle.
    Well appart from having to connect the laptop to the router with th wire instead of WIFI.
    Keis crashed my laptop WIFI.

What are you using for the live TV?

Rte player.

Rte player.

Careful now.

I spent €37 quid on that one night (not knowingly) when I ran over my 50meg allowance, twice, before and after midnight.
    I didn't realise it would hit 187megs in total. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

This Kies is a total jip. If I restore the phone to factory settings, might it regognise it then?

robwhit wrote: »
    This Kies is a total jip. If I restore the phone to factory settings, might it regognise it then?

Connection prob? You try this? In the top right corner the down arrow click driver recovery, then let that run, then go to your phone settings, applications, development and turn on usb debugging. Plug into your pc. Let the drivers install. Unplug, turn off debugging restart phone and pc and plug in. Will install drivers and should be good

Just done all that and now it's not even saying "Connecting the device" now. Proper annoying this

Just done all that and now it's not even saying "Connecting the device" now. Proper annoying this

You restarted both yeah? Did it install drivers when you put it in usb debugging? Its happened me a few times and that always works

You restarted both yeah? Did it install drivers when you put it in usb debugging? Its happened me a few times and that always works

Yes i went through everything you said
    Saying "Cannot connect in debugging mode, please switch to pc suite"
    When i switch to pc internet nothing happens

Yes i went through everything you said
    Saying "Cannot connect in debugging mode, please switch to pc suite"
    When i switch to pc internet nothing happens

Thats really weird....is it set to go straight into kies under usb settings? Have you a task killer you can run to make sure nothings happening in the background? Really not sure what you could do now....windows should just pick up the device again and install it when you restart the pc

• Advertisement

Thats really weird....is it set to go straight into kies under usb settings? Have you a task killer you can run to make sure nothings happening in the background? Really not sure what you could do now....windows should just pick up the device again and install it when you restart the pc

Don't know if this is any use but when i connect the usb to my phone there's three dull beeps coming from pc

Advertisement