Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Delighted. I can't stand either of the Diaz brothers.

Couldn't agree more. 2 over rated fighters with a sense of entitlement. They both need a good slap of reality.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. 2 over rated fighters with a sense of entitlement. They both need a good slap of reality.

Wouldn't have a care in the world if either one ever followed through with their empty threats of resignation.

Hopefully a 20k fine will teach him (them) to shut up and not comment on things that don't effect him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'd half expect that from Nick, but not from nate. He always seemed like the sensible brother

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It is sort of amusing though that his defense was that the word means something else where he is from, so he's being fined because the word means something else to other people, but their meaning of the word is different to what the word actually means. He should have said Carraway was a bundle of sticks

Brilliant, his latest tweet. What a fúcking goon.
    #urstillasorryassbitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nate Diaz might think he's being awesome, but this is a guy who has 18-19 UFC fights and is still getting paid what most average TUF alumni are getting paid.

That SOTN bonus is worth 4-5 times what Diaz gets for a fight. Maybe if he was smarter he'd be richer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

If Rockhold wins well tonight is he getting a shot at Silva if/after Silva beats Weidman?

would that make any sense? and would he have a hope? He's a big dude with big reach (have no idea how he gets down to 185 for weigh in) - it would LOOK like a credible fight, they could sell it well - 10 fight winning streak ending in beating a solid Belfort - and bigger than Silva. Personally I don't think Rockhold has proven anything like what he'd need to prove to get a shot at Silva...he'd need to beat Belfort AND 2 other top guys in the UFC before making that fight credible IMO - but the UFC don't have an awful lot of time to make fights like this what with Silva hitting 38 or whatever and the looming Jones superfight?

So if he beats Belfort well..do they line him up for a shot at Silva soon? would it be a credible/deserved fight or just another obvious Silva victim?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If he beats Belfort he's the obvious division number 3 (after Silva and Weidman). Makes perfect sense to give it to him next.

On one hand you can say he hasn't heated 3-4 top UFC guts, but in the other he was strikeforce champ and beat everyone they out in front if him. He couldn't have done anymore than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Mellor wrote: »
    If he beats Belfort he's the obvious division number 3 (after Silva and Weidman). Makes perfect sense to give it to him next.

On one hand you can say he hasn't heated 3-4 top UFC guts, but in the other he was strikeforce champ and beat everyone they out in front if him. He couldn't have done anymore than that.

Well that didn't go to plan.

Where would you rank Vitor now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd rank Vitor at 2, higher than Weidman

Just looking at his fight record, he's only ever lost to TOP quality opponents, his record is pretty amazing

• Advertisement

What plan was this?

I backed Vitor to win. Said there was no way he should have been the underdog, especially in brazil. That fight went exactly to plan. ;)
    I’d put Vitor as a clear number 3. (on the basis that Silva and Weidman are officially 1 and 2 until they meet).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Interesting to see how Vitor goes next couple of fights he looks like he is 22 again, well maybe his engine is being fueled to be a 22 year old again with TRT. Not going to get into an argument about how much that influenced the result and try to forget about it and enjoy his run at the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice little mini doc from Gunnar Nelson

WOW that's a fantastic piece, great job. I need to see more of this guy. Only seen a couple of his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Josh Barnett has signed with the UFC.

Interesting.

Also Roy Nelson and Stipe Miocic are fighting at 161.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Josh Barnett has signed with the UFC.

"I'd like to kick off my return to the UFC by saying....... i'm gonna need a TUE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Interesting. The HW division needs quality opponents and he is a quality opponent. I just hope he doesn't end up being too much hassle.

Just read that Renan Berao is out of 161 and the fight is cancelled. Why wouldn't they give Wineland another opponent?

Any ideas who he's in with first?
    IMO he'd easily beat Mir, Hunt, and probably Big Foot without too much trouble.

Basically if he got any of the UFC HW guys on the deck he could sub them IMO. Cormier won't be up for much longer so he doesn't need to worry about him (Cormier beats him all day) so it's about Werdum, Overeem and Roy...they're his real tests for the next year or two ! If he can beat a couple of those guys he's a legit challenger but his gas and ability to throw effective strikes on his feet deeper into fights has always been his problem but he doesn't have too many weaknesses and he's a vicious HW sub artist, which is why people will want him and Frank to square off but I think he's a whole level above Mir

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Mellor wrote: »
    What plan was this?

I backed Vitor to win. Said there was no way he should have been the underdog, especially in brazil. That fight went exactly to plan. ;)
    I’d put Vitor as a clear number 3. (on the basis that Silva and Weidman are officially 1 and 2 until they meet).

Sorry mate, didn't mean "go to plan" for you, meant for Rockhold :D

• Advertisement

Matt Serra has confirmed his retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Matt Serra has confirmed his retirement.

That's a real shame. It doesn't seem like very long ago that he steamrolled Trig. He probably could have made a bit more of his Autumn years but didn't really seem too interested.

Would loved to have seen his and Hughes' careers ended on a rematch.

Well he did say that he would still fight if New York gets legalised in the near future. He woul bow out with a last fight at Madison Square Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jacob Volkmann looking to expose the UFC on their poor treatment of fighters. Really can't stand the guy. I remember his 'joke' after beating Escudero and how he got pissed off at Joe for not laughing more. Still though, kind of harsh the way he was cut.

http://www.bjpenn.com/bitter-jacob-volkmann-plans-on-exposing-ufc-for-what-they-are/

Sorry mate, didn't mean "go to plan" for you, meant for Rockhold :D

No worries, I knew you meant Rockhold.
    He planned too far ahead imo, comments like "a warm up fight before Silva" are a bit silly when you are talking about top 5 guys.

saw this today

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/25/4364968/ufc-160-video-daniel-cormer-fires-back-at-jon-jones

Hypothetically, Cormier v Jones at 220? Very Tasty !

Dana just announced at the post fight conference that Forrest Griffin has retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Just found out that all the blood over the octagon was from the Stephens fight. Must of been a war, it was like someone dropped a bucket of paint

REDRUM

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement