Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ian Freeman is fighting Ken Shamrock in Doncaster (UK) in July, that'll be interesting :rolleyes:

July 1997?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hank Schrader

Ian Freeman is fighting Ken Shamrock in Doncaster (UK) in July, that'll be interesting :rolleyes:
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    July 1997?

WTF ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

WTF ? :confused:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLUTNlw41Lzy4a7vZDkW5Sqqchu9w1rXTAmibIuZg5WoNNrMMy

When I read your username and post.
    Is there a licensing scheme in place for MMA anywhere in Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Bas makes a very funny mistake regarding Mark Hunt's name at 00:43.

I hope Goldie sees it and makes the same mistake in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Urijah Faber and Phil Davis have started a website called mmadraft.com to showcase the talent of up and coming amateur fighters. And they're also holding an "mma combine" similar to the NFL.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/5/13/4328774/ufc-fan-expo-in-july-feature-first-ever-mma-combine-news
    The NFL Combine is a staple event preceding the draft. Each year, aspiring players participate in a series of athletic tests in order for scouts to gauge their potential in the big leagues. At this year's UFC Fan Expo, up-and-coming mixed martial artists will have the chance to do the same.

As reported by Bleacher Report, UFC Bantamweight Urijah Faber and Light Heavyweight Phil Davis are heading a new website called MMADraft.com that features amateur fighters:

MMADraft.com came about from the idea that we needed to create opportunities for amateur MMA athletes. We want to document the hard work and accomplishments of amateurs so that when they decide to turn pro, they will have a history of their career. MMA Draft will become the premier platform for amateurs to promote themselves.

In conjunction with the Fourth of July weekend UFC Fan Expo, MMA Draft will be showcasing an MMA Combine for amateur fighters. The field will be limited to 100 fighters who will compete in a series of athletic tests. Some will be familiar from the NFL Draft, but other events will be MMA specific. Interested fighters will be able to create profiles on MMA Draft and register for the Combine, which will require an entry fee.

The Combine is scheduled for July 6 in Las Vegas, NV and will be followed by UFC 162 where Anderson Silva will look to defend his Middleweight title against Chris Weidman. No venue or time has been set for the MMA Combine yet.

Seems like a good idea to me, and a good way for amateur fighters to try and get noticed in the big leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭p to the e

Pat Healy's win against Jim Miller overturned to a No Contest after he tests positive for Marijuana.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

p to the e wrote: »
    Pat Healy's win against Jim Miller overturned to a No Contest after he tests positive for Marijuana.

"used socially while meeting with old friends one month before the bout"

What do people be thinking? They know the rules, they know they have a fight, how do they have the will to train so hard and yet can't say no when it's their turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

What a mongoose, it was a great fight and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What do people be thinking? They know the rules, they know they have a fight, how do they have the will to train so hard and yet can't say no when it's their turn?
    Because its usually going to be out of the system.

Realistically, his records says NC, he'll be fined some of the purse.
    But Dana and Joe Silva aren't going to think it helped him win the fight. He desnt lose credit for the win, or slip down rankings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Sick, he had to forfeit his $130,000 bonus...

That's a costly spliff!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Mellor wrote: »
    Because its usually going to be out of the system.

Realistically, his records says NC, he'll be fined some of the purse.
    But Dana and Joe Silva aren't going to think it helped him win the fight. He desnt lose credit for the win, or slip down rankings

But it probably cost him around 150k, I just don't get how a pro fighter can make a decision like that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

MrStuffins wrote: »
    That's a costly spliff!

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr got fined 900K for smoking a spliff in September.

Mother of God! He should've just smoked a ground up Bugatti!

Just read that Bryan Caraway is getting Healy's sub of the night bonus. Wow, fair play to the UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

unknown13 wrote: »
    Just read that Bryan Caraway is getting Healy's sub of the night bonus. Wow, fair play to the UFC.

Dana tweeted that the cheques aren't issued until the respective fighters pass their drug tests.

Hendo is selling his Range Rover that he got for being a coach on TUF9

Only $53k

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3803033560.html

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Hendo is selling his Range Rover that he got for being a coach on TUF9

Only $53k

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/3803033560.html

Imagine how many people are going to view it just to try to meet him or take a test drive in it.

• Advertisement

loremolis wrote: »
    Imagine how many people are going to view it just to try to meet him or take a test drive in it.

or even sniff the seat in some cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

or even sniff the seat in some cases

Bit like this handsome gentleman so?

Stupid-Bike-Seat-Sniffer1.jpg

:pac:

*puke*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

That is one ugly dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,228 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Nate Diaz has called Brian Caraway "the biggest fag in the world" for accepting the submission bonus that Pat Healey lost out on following his dope test.

Needless to say Diaz has now been suspended pending a bollocking from Dana, who has already learned not to call people fags...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭p to the e

Brandon Vera makes a return to HW to fight against Ben Rothwell. Could be a tough one for "The truth".

Brandon Vera makes a return to HW to fight against Ben Rothwell. Could be a tough one for "The truth".

Might be tough for Vera but it is a good fight.

Paul Kelly found guilty for Heroin trafficking. Its nice to know we will never see him in the Octagon again now.

Article about Paul Kelly

unknown13 wrote: »
    Paul Kelly found guilty for Heroin trafficking. Its nice to know we will never see him in the Octagon again now.

Article about Paul Kelly

Wow, this is his post on FB from yesterday.

every1 in this city should avoid the liverpool echo like the sun! They are lying scumbags that just print lies!! #dontbytheecho seriously people we need to do something about the **** they print! My kids will some day have access to the internet an will get chance to read there slander that there is no truth behind!An the fact is this, if there was any truth in it I wouldn't be writing this I would be locked up

Since that post though he's been found guilty

As for you saying it's nice to know he'll never be in the cage again, i'm hoping that's due to the conviction, i always found him a good scrappy little fighter, will remember his war wit Taylor in Newcastle, probably the best first round i've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I always get mixed up between Kelly and Taylor, so when I read this I thought "nooo, I really liked his fights". Then I realised it was the suckerpuncher

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Nate Diaz has called Brian Caraway "the biggest fag in the world" for accepting the submission bonus that Pat Healey lost out on following his dope test.

Needless to say Diaz has now been suspended pending a bollocking from Dana, who has already learned not to call people fags...

UFC suspends Nate Diaz for 90 days, fines him $20,000 for derogatory tweet

Delighted. I can't stand either of the Diaz brothers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement