Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost channels? Look here for transmitter/reception issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭zg3409

It might just be the high pressure (good weather) causing another transmitter on channel 30 to be picked up and causing breakup. A good aerial setup might help reduce the number of days per year this happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭micratoyota

zg3409 wrote: »
    It might just be the high pressure (good weather) causing another transmitter on channel 30 to be picked up and causing breakup. A good aerial setup might help reduce the number of days per year this happens.
    Hi my RTE News on saorview (on channel 6) has been stuck since 00.12 last night Why everything else ok

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Hi my RTE News on saorview (on channel 6) has been stuck since 00.12 last night Why everything else ok

Same here (Woodcock Hill) still paused as of 11.45 am ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Which proves my theory that no-one in RTÉ actually watches what they broadcast. Either that or the underpaid junior who 'minds' News Now only works 9-5 Mon-Fri :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RonanAnthony

Mines is fine atm. I probably jinkist myself saying that. Saorview will probably go off tomoro on me now. Lol. It's been on and off for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

I haven't had a signal in 3 days here in Ballincollig in Cork. Any ideas?

Picture blurry and sound coming and going.

I'm getting RTE through a dish connected to a Ferguson receiver. Will this continue to work after the Saorview switchover?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

You're not getting RTE through a dish unless you have either Saorsat or a Sky subscription, neither of which will be affected by the switchover, as with anything you get with your, presumably digital, receiver.

To be honest I was never really sure how I got the signal but I get RTE News, RTE 2 HD and RTE1+1 which I never had on analogue and all that I can think is that it is coming through the dish.

Have a SCART cable between the Ferguson and the TV and a Coax between the 2 as well as a coax to the wall which connects up to a dish on the roof. Only other thing I can come up with is that the cable is acting as an antenna but I could well be clutching at straws.

Was recommended on another thread to do a manual rescan on channel 45 and that has fixed it.

Do you have the UK channels on the Ferguson receiver? These would be delivered via a dish, the cable would only act as an aerial for the terrestrial (Saorview) channels if it was plugged into the terrestrial aerial input, thus denying you the actual satellite channels.

Maybe you have an aerial & dish diplexed onto one downlead from outside & split again near the receiver?

I do have UK channels on the receiver like BBC London and E4.

Maybe there is a dish and receiver on the roof so. I don't have access to up there so I'm not even able to go up and have a look.

Just to clarify 2 coax on receiver - one goes tio the TV and the other goes to the wall and I'm not sure where it goes after this.

Appreciate the inputs anyway.

• Advertisement

Appreciate the inputs anyway.

You say your problem is now fixed. There must be 3 connections on the back of the receiver (to the TV, aerial in and Sat in). It could not work otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Hi all . Lost all saorview channels on ariva 150 today . Was working fine last night . I have the free to air channels . Rescanned it finds nothing . Tried manual scan(45 channel) . I am in cork county .do ye think it's transmitter off or something . ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    Hi all . Lost all saorview channels on ariva 150 today . Was working fine last night . I have the free to air channels . Rescanned it finds nothing . Tried manual scan(45 channel) . I am in cork county .do ye think it's transmitter off or something . ?

Ch 45 is Spur Hill, it this your nearest transmitter? Cork is served by a number of different transmitters and frequencies.

Use the saorview coverage checker to find the recommended transmitter for your area - http://www.saorview.ie/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

The Cush wrote: »

Ch 45 is Spur Hill, it this your nearest transmitter? Cork is served by a number of different transmitters and frequencies.

Use the saorview coverage checker to find the recommended transmitter for your area - http://www.saorview.ie/make-the-switch/coverage-map/

Checked again Ch47 Bandon is closer but still no good .
    So annoying
    I have done automatic mode search as well no change

So annoying

Bandon isn't on air with Saorview until Oct so no chance of anything from there. Are you getting any of the analogue channels via the TV? What type of aerial(s) are you using?

At the moment the area around Bandon is served by Mullaghanish requiring an aerial pointing there.

So annoying

Bandon isn't on air with Saorview until Oct so no chance of anything from there. Are you getting any of the analogue channels via the TV? What type of aerial(s) are you using?

At the moment the area around Bandon is served by Mullaghanish requiring an aerial pointing there.

Thanks Cush it explains why nothing came thru in 47.
    Aerial is analog it's thru a shared aerial in an apartment block

I scanned again on CH 21 and they came thru again .

Thanks though Cush back in business

I scanned again on CH 21 and they came thru again .

Ch 21 is Mullaghanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Ch 21 is Mullaghanish.

And it's been pretty strong in west Wales too since yesterday. Especially TG4 on Ch. 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

Aerial is analog it's thru a shared aerial in an apartment block

An aerial is an aerial - so it will work with analogue or digital...

@zg3409
    Ant in goes to analogue TV
    LNB in goes to box on the wall which I assumed went to the dish but perhaps it's split into an antenna also
    Also SCART between box and TV

I'm losing the terrestial so often that if it persists I may just splash out on the Saorview TV.

• Advertisement

I'm losing the terrestial so often that if it persists I may just splash out on the Saorview TV.

A Saorview TV will not fix an aerial problem. Have you actually checked there is anything connected to the "Ant in" on the box?

If Ant in on the box is connected to the TV then you have NO AERIAL connected, just a dish. Who set this up?

I need to investigate this further but I thought the Saorview TVs have an inbuilt antenna but I could well be wrong.

I'm afraid I can only blame myself for the setting up.

The only thing I could come up with was that the TV/Cable was acting like an antenna but strange that it worked for months if as you're saying I have no antenna.

I need to investigate this further but I thought the Saorview TVs have an inbuilt antenna .

They do not

The only thing I could come up with was that the TV/Cable was acting like an antenna but strange that it worked for months if as you're saying I have no antenna.

The cable between the tv & the Ferguson receiver must indeed have been acting as an aerial. You're less than 5 miles from a powerful transmitter on a good site wrt your location, so it's not so strange that this 'arrangement' would work.

Does any1 else loose saorview signal during heavy and prolonged spells of rain?
    My goes off all the time now in the rain but annalogue tv3 and tg4 are never affected. Truskmore transmitter btw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

Your Saorview signal must be marginal at the best of times. Truskmore is restricted in power until after ASO.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It's been fine here but then again I'm very close to Truskmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mully2

Hi guys,
    I recently retuned my freeview hd box to the RTENL network and both RTE1 and RTE2 have disappeared and replaced with 2 radio stations "Absolute Radio" and "Heart"- all other Irish channels are there as before. Had no problems before the re-tune. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭MarkK

Most likely they have just been moved to another channel number.

Check the rest of the channel list, especially channels 800 and 801.

• Advertisement

My saorview back to 100% again. Hopefully after the diigital switch over it will stay like that even in bad weather

Advertisement