Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Eagles Return

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭sables2

1squidge wrote: »
    I thought this was an excellant documentary and gave a great insight into the workings of the reintroduction programme. Hopefully it will turn out to be a success and a follow up programme will be made on the progress of this scheme. Ger.
    Hi Ger,
    Here,here. I agree completely - it was a TERRIFIC programme. In fact, i'm pretty confident: we might see a 're-introduction programme'...lol. On a more serious note: it was all in one parcel -emotional, up lifting, heartening and educational...especially for our future generation. I do HOPE and pray it will at least give us an 'update' programme to see how our eagles and red kites are doing. After all, we have been without them for over a century!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

fryup wrote: »
    did any of you watch yesterday's progamme...they were hand feeding a poisoned eagle at the start but they didn't update on his condition...did he survive?

Yes fryup, good news, he survived and is doing fantastically well.

He was in Wicklow earlier this week.

This is the same bird, called MALE STAR: http://www.irishbirding.com/birds/web/Display/sighting/27947/Whitetailed_Eagle.html

Super photos by Steve Millar, well done Steve.

LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

Documentary on the RSPB re-introduction of Red Kites to Northern Ireland:
    http://www.rspb.org.uk/ourwork/projects/details/272999-northern-ireland-red-kites
    Just clink on the video to see film:)

Hi LostCovey,
    Yes, great new about MALE STAR! It's such good news he's still roaming the Wicklow land...and beyond i'm sure. Beautiful photos indeed by Steve Miller..really talented photographer. Thanks for the link ;)

Hi Traonach,
    Just saw the video. It was AMAZING!!! Thank you so much. I've actually saved it in: 'my videos'. Delighted to see Roberts work was not in vein - 26 Kites doing well, and that was 2009. I hope, and i 'd say, there's plenty of off-spring today. Thanks mate for that...super. Long live the Red Kite ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Repeat of this on RTE 1 right now.

Advertisement