Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youngest ever transsexual was 12

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

sligopark wrote: »
    no pity lover google wil plainly backup your pity claim and also plainly back mine statement for PRIDE

Good luck with your venture but pity will never establish pride

Hiding behind continued excuses will never establish SELF pride - enjoy those pride marches whilst realising everyone else including proud gays like me see you pity chasers as attention seeking pity claiming freaks

when you have any ground for self pride lets us proud and able gay chaps and ladies know - we will be easy to identify - we are proud of our choice and not up for any pity vote anywhere... and help those who posted prev on here be better placed to live their lives

boards.ie or elsewhere

dicks like you shame folks into suicide and hiding their valid life choices - for that you should be deeply ashamed

shame on you you pity freak
    What an utter load of shíte.

What has anything got to do with Pity?

It's a fúcking life choice, stop talking shít.
    SligoPark wrote:
    dicks like you shame folks into suicide and hiding their valid life choices - for that you should be deeply ashamed

Very rich from someone who has just been an abusive little ass calling someone a dick, a pity seeker, and generally trying to crush any self esteem at all.

Go back under your bridge you troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

no, you know what? piss off

because the greatest enabler of hatred against LGBT people is the notion that it's all a "choice" they've made. people excuse hatred by saying it's a choice, they excuse infringing on rights by saying it's a choice. that's the kind of thing that NARTH preaches and dangerous self-deluding assholes like Ted Haggard and George Alan Rekers preaches, that it's a choice. so they don't get to respect the rights of LGBT people, they can just get them to "choose" differently.

so HOW DARE YOU tell me I that me or anyone else are shaming people into suicide, you are the one who should be ashamed of yourself because all you're doing in this thread has been putting down all LGBT people.

I don't believe you're gay for a second, I think you're a wolf in sheep's clothing trying to put people down

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hiding behind continued excuses will never establish SELF pride - enjoy those pride marches whilst realising everyone else including proud gays like me see you pity chasers as attention seeking pity claiming freaks

Banned for Personal Abuse.

Calling others a dick and a freak is against boards rules.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

+1 Sharp

oh yeah and saying that this is a "lifestyle choice" devalues who I am as a person. what shoes to wear today is a choice, what to have for breakfast is a choice, being female is a fact of being for me. saying that being transsexual is a "choice" implies that a guy can just choose to be otherwise, it implies that I was male, and that's something I've felt I have never been. this is my life, this is who I am.

saying that transsexuality is a choice invalidates the identities of ALL trans people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Echospace

On a more serious note, what are the implications if she ever wants children of her own one day. Was the pre-op person's sperm frozen for the future or how does it work? Obviously she can never become pregnant as a female. Apologies if that sounds ignorant but I'm just curious what generally happens in these circumstances.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Echospace wrote: »
    On a more serious note, what are the implications if she ever wants children of her own one day. Was the pre-op person's sperm frozen for the future or how does it work?

Kim began transition before she hit puberty as a male so having biological kids of her own through a serogate mother isn't a possiblity. There is adoption though.

Obviously she can never become pregnant as a female.

well, it's possible in theory that a donor uterus can be transplanted and her DNA can be placed in a donor egg, so she could possible carry her own biological children in the future.

it's been tried in the past unsuccessfully, sadly Lili Elbe died from complications due to organ rejection so that she could conceive a child of her own, but with today's anti-rejection drugs that shouldn't happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Echospace

It raises the question if someone that young should legally (and morally) be allowed receive hormone therapy/operations/etc, when they are too young physically and mentally to consider the possibility of wanting children in the future.

Links234 wrote: »
    well, it's possible in theory that a donor uterus can be transplanted and her DNA can be placed in a donor egg, so she could possible carry her own biological children in the future.

it's been tried in the past unsuccessfully, sadly Lili Elbe died from complications due to organ rejection so that she could conceive a child of her own, but with today's anti-rejection drugs that shouldn't happen.

Yeah but I think it's still being conducted on a trial basis. I haven't done much digging on the subject lately and would wait for awhile hoping for improvements in the area before I'd go down that road.

• Advertisement

It raises the question if someone that young should legally (and morally) be allowed receive hormone therapy/operations/etc, when they are too young physically and mentally to consider the possibility of wanting children in the future.

Thats a fair point actually, but her transition required court order. So I think that both her and her parents were pretty sure what she wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Links234 wrote: »

saying that transsexuality is a choice invalidates the identities of ALL trans people.

no, it doesn't. if some one decides they would prefer to be the other gender OR that they have changed from one to the other at a later stage - thats them. Their choice should be respected because its their life.

There are a lot of people on the planet, while I highly doubt its a choice for most people involved, I don't think you can resonably assume that their identity is the same as yours.

There are a lot of people on the planet, while I highly doubt its a choice for most people involved, I don't think you can resonably assume that their identity is the same as yours.

you're right, I can't possibly assume that. I would say it's unlikely that someone would choose to be transsexual though.

Advertisement