Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youngest ever transsexual was 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Einhard wrote: »
    Wow. What a beautiful looking girl.

but? you do realise? the thing is? now hold on a second? um?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

but? you do realise? the thing is? now hold on a second? um?

Feck it, she's hot. She looks like a girl. I'm a simple man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Logged in for the sole reason to give you thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Indeed. Too young fer me, but theres nothing wrong with her at all, at all. Shows what happens when all goes well with a medical intervention, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Nodin wrote: »
    Indeed. Too young fer me, but theres nothing wrong with her at all, at all. Shows what happens when all goes well with a medical intervention, really.

She's about 18 now I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    No but it would get you put on a list and stared at everytime you walk near a school.

The trick with schools is to drive, not walk. They're 30k/hr zones so nobody raises an eyebrow when you slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

I find the whole trans-gender thing really scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I'd still hit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What makes us male or female? Is it just the physical differences? Is it how we think, feel & act? Or is it all of the above?

That's a very good question, but it's pretty complicated

Like when you say physical differences, you probably mean things like psychical sex characteristics like genitalia and secondary characteristics such as breasts, and the many other physical differences that exist between men and women that we can see. But there are physical differences in the brain also and I think that's what makes us male or female because how our brains work is how we think and feel, how we experience both ourselves and the rest of the world.

that's why "youngest ever transsexual" makes no sense because we are born this way!

there has been loads of medical evidence supporting the idea of a "female brain in a 'male' body", and on the other threads about transsexuality people have been linking loads of different links to show this. I don't really understand some of it, but here's a little compilation of the evidence:

Transsexual gene link identified
    Male-to-Female Transsexuals Have Female Neuron Numbers in a Limbic Nucleus
    Male-to-Female Transsexuals Show Sex-Atypical Hypothalamus Activation When Smelling Odorous Steroids
    Regional Grey Matter Variation in Male-to-Female Transsexualism
    A sex difference in the hypothalamic uncinate nucleus: relationship to gender identity.
    White matter microstructure in female to male transsexuals before cross-sex hormonal treatment. A diffusion tensor imaging study.
    A Sex Difference in the Human Brain and its Relation to Transsexuality
    Gender Identity and phantom genitalia
    Typical female 2nd–4th finger length (2D:4D) ratios in male-to-female transsexuals—possible implications for prenatal androgen exposure

Epic copy pasta! :p
    and that's only some of it, there was another thing that I read that talked about something in the visual cortex in trans women that showed they are typically female in that too.

That last link is really interesting though, the one about the digit length. women generally have longer index fingers than their ring fingers, and male-to-female transsexuals generally have the same. so if you're a guy and your index finger is longer than your ring finger, you may be a transsexual! ;)

but you get the idea. you can see that what makes us male or female in terms of our gender identity is our brains.

The other outward physical aspects can be changed though. much of how our body works is effected by sex hormones. with hormone replacement treatment, a male-to-female transsexual becomes typically female in body. that means loads of physical changes happen, body weight redistributes, breasts develop, skin becomes soft and feminine, as does body hair. essentially a male-to-female transsexual who has undergone medical transition becomes physically female in every capacity except reproductive. she will smell and feel female, her breasts would be no different to any other woman's, and she can even breastfeed.

I'm hoping that medical science can fix the reproductive thing in the near future too :)

Kim Petras IS female.
    I find the whole trans-gender thing really scary.

why?
    what in particular is scary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I'm starting to think Links234 is a tranny. Only messing. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Links234 wrote: »
    women generally have longer index fingers than their ring fingers, and male-to-female transsexuals generally have the same. so if you're a guy and your index finger is longer than your ring finger, you may be a transsexual! ;)

Anyone who claims they didn't spend at least 10 seconds looking at their hand after reading this is lying

Dean820 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think Links234 is a tranny. Only messing. :p

hey! that's OUR word! you don't get to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

It's something I've never really given any thought to but I don't think I'd actually have a problem going out with a girl who has had it done. Aslong as she looked, acted and physically was a girl of course.

Dean820 wrote: »
    She's about 18 now I'd say.

Yep, too young fer me....

Jaysus thats depressin, it really is......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Links, did you have any amusing/unexpected psychological changes while going through transformation from a bloke to a gal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

there are actually plenty of young transgender children these days who are living happy lives as their identified gender.

and please, don't call her "it" or "he", it's not funny or clever, just stupid

Surprised no one else has called this what it is - 'crock of sh1te'

as was this post but din't want to use up internet space replicating this rubbish ...

Its like the whole gay thing - I was born this way - sh1te - and I am gay - there is no born this way - its a lifestyle choice that I am entitled to make and not feel ashamed and have to claim 'born this way - sorry folks'

Links, did you have any amusing/unexpected psychological changes while going through transformation from a bloke to a gal?

well it's early days for me yet, I'll still be waiting quite a few months before I get prescribed hormones, so I don't know what psychological changes will happen then. but the psychological changes I've already experienced since I stopped fighting against being transgender have been very big. A year ago I would barely be able to leave the house, suffered constant anxiety attacks and I was pretty depressed. Now I've had no problems walking up Grafton street without triggering an anxiety attack, I haven't had one in months

I just feel so much better about myself, my health has improved, my self confidence and self esteem has really shot up, I'm much happier and I think things are only going to get better ;)

none of that's really amusing though
    I have developed a bit of an obsession for shoes, if that counts :p

sligopark wrote: »

as was this post but din't want to use up internet space replicating this rubbish ...

Its like the whole gay thing - I was born this way - sh1te - and I am gay - there is no born this way - its a lifestyle choice that I am entitled to make and not feel ashamed and have to claim 'born this way - sorry folks'

lemme see, what do believe? heaps of evidence that shows that people are born this way, or someone who just says it's a lifestyle choice with no evidence? yah, think I'll believe the stuff that's got the medical evidence if that's ok. ;)

I didn't choose to be this way. doesn't make me ashamed either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Oscar wilde said it best, "give a man a mask and he will tell you his lifes story". The internet works in much the same way for trolls. A mask to unleash every homophobic and transphobic statement annonamously.

Cowardly if you ask me.

Cowardly if you ask me.

the truth remains the truth no matter how you attack it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Back to the stone age with ye, go on, scoot!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Half the people here could drop their bible once and awhile and enjoy the real world for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Anyone who claims they didn't spend at least 10 seconds looking at their hand after reading this is lying

When I was figuring out I was gay I spent ages convincing myself I was straight because I have like...bisexual fingers (index and ring are the same length). One part of me was like "I'm definitely a lesbian" and then the other half was like "Well your fingers say otherwise,dear!". It was very funny in retrospect :P

As a gay man am I not entitled to tell it as it is that it is a lifestyle choice for me without having to hide behind the unsubstantiated PC lie I was born this way - can I not choose to be gay without being flamed and open up the transexual born this way lie too - why can't Links234 just have the balls (no pun intended) and stand up to his valid choice to do his/her own thing and change his/her sex and go about his/her life without prejudice?

the truth is the truth no matter how it is attacked

PC poster boys - why is being gay or transexual not a valid choice without resorting to hiding behind a somesort of 'born this way' argument which has no evidence either way under scrutiny?

There is evidence of chemical differences in the brain of transexual men/women. Given that the default sex of an embryo is female which changes to male, and that outwardly physical manifestations of dual gender can be seen, why should the brain be excluded from the list.

And bollocks is bollocks no matter how often its repeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

As a gay man am I not entitled to tell it as it is that it is a lifestyle choice for me without having to hide behind the unsubstantiated PC lie I was born this way - can I not choose to be gay without being flamed and open up the transexual born this way lie too - why can't Links234 just have the balls (no pun intended) and stand up to his valid choice to do his/her own thing and change his/her sex and go about his/her life without prejudice?

PC poster boys - why is being gay or transexual not a valid choice without resorting to hiding behind a somesort of 'born this way' argument which has no evidence either way under scrutiny?

Maybe you chose to be gay, but if someone came up to me with a magic pill and said I can be a straight girl content with being female, I would take that pill. I never chose this.

I never chose this.

this is not good - I would wish for you to be happy one way or the other - a happy female - we are only here once babe X(-:

sligopark, the only the thing unsubstantiated here is your claim that people aren't born this way. the medical evidence that people ARE born this way is huge, and it seems like more and more evidence is bring presented each year. that is the truth, and calling it a "crock of sh1te" is not going to change that.

if you have any countering evidence to the links in this post, then please show us.

you may find this of interest:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Were you born intolerant or is that a lfestyle choice too?

And I don't believe you're gay incidentally. Who on earth would choose to be discriminated and attacked and, in some countries, tortured and killed for their sexuality?? I smell BS sligopark.

Advertisement