Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of Aging?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm noticing all right how I'm starting to think "older person" thoughts - e.g. in relation to the overly loud bars the "youngsters today" go to, and what they drink (like Jagerbombs etc) and good god, how do they do it?! Etc.

Ew... I never thought I'd become like that! :mad:

Don't worry I've been that way a few years :pac:
    Must not be an older person thing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Not sure I have any physical signs of aging, I'm in my early 20s. But I do feel my age the morning after a night of drink! I never got hangovers in my teens, but I suffer hard these days. Old age in my liver

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I haven't noticed any wrinkles or grey hairs or anything, but I haven't really been looking. My moisturiser has SPF and I ALWAYS put sun cream on my face, even on the cloudiest day if I'm going outside training or anything without make-up.

Through most of my twenties I could be out till all hours then get up at 6am to go training, not a bother! I don't have the ability nor inclination to do that anymore. :cool:

I'm about a kilo heavier than I was two years ago, on average. Guess that might be to do with age.

Otherwise I think I'm maturing nicely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

mariaalice wrote: »
    The thing is you get happier and more content with yourself as you get older.
    In terms of body confidence, when I was younger, the fact I could only achieve a flat stomach by not eating used to depress the crap out of me. I hated having any bit of stomach sticking-outness at all. Now I realise I will never have a flat stomach, that's just the way I am built, and I find myself focusing on what I should be focusing on, the positives: that the lord gave me a not-too-bad bum, pair of legs and rack. :pac:

It's a shame because those are what I would have gotten complimented on when I was younger, yet I could never see past the stomach thing, which others didn't notice.

Re ageing in general: I'm not delighted about the prospect, no, but I don't really think too much about it either as there is really no point in getting upset/anxious over something you have no control over other than living as healthily as you can. And it's definitely true for me that I've become more confident and content with age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Everyone seems to have a very positive attitude towards aging which is great, I think it's important!

When you hear of girls having botox in their 20's it's just freaky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Linguo wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have a very positive attitude towards aging which is great, I think it's important!

When you hear of girls having botox in their 20's it's just freaky

not as freaky as they're gonna look, in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Xiney wrote: »
    not as freaky as they're gonna look, in fairness...

Very true! Did anyone see the before and after pics of Madonna on her Dolce and Gabbana shoot? She's a great looking woman but all these airbrushed shots must mess with people's heads. I prefer seeing her veiny and a bit more normal looking, she's still fab looking for her age or any age!

article-1316997-0B6F13F4000005DC-93_634x447.jpg

article-1316997-0B6F1248000005DC-310_634x449.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Whatever about how it looks, there's something a bit grim about women in their late 20s getting botox.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

27? Ageing? FFS. :)

Signs that show you are turning into an 'auld wan'. ;)

Telling someone 27 is not old.
    Grey pubic hair.
    Groaning when you have to pick something off the floor.
    Being unable to pick something off the floor.
    Thinking that doctors and guards are getting so much younger these days.
    Wrinkly knees.
    Laughter lines that dont just happen when you're laughing.
    Bingo wings.
    Aqua aerobics instead of regular aerobics because of your joints.
    You go to bed before your kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Linguo wrote: »
    Very true! Did anyone see the before and after pics of Madonna on her Dolce and Gabbana shoot? She's a great looking woman but all these airbrushed shots must mess with people's heads. I prefer seeing her veiny and a bit more normal looking, she's still fab looking for her age or any age!

She is gorgeous, I agree... but her veiny arms are icky. :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm noticing all right how I'm starting to think "older person" thoughts - e.g. in relation to the overly loud bars the "youngsters today" go to, and what they drink (like Jagerbombs etc) and good god, how do they do it?! Etc.

Ew... I never thought I'd become like that! :mad:
    Since I've been about 21, I have frequently used expressions such as "she must be freezing in that dress!" "Ah, my hip's giving me gyp." "How do they walk in those heels without falling over?" "Feck sake, wish they'd turn down that music, I can't hear myself think." I was old on the inside well before I was old on the outside!! :o
    Novella wrote: »
    She is gorgeous, I agree... but her veiny arms are icky. :/
    Ugh, Madonna's arms freak me out , eek! :eek:

Advertisement