Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 16: Japanese Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

amacachi wrote: »
    Is Jake presenting it this week? Just saw him on the BBC's Commonwealth games coverage.

Nope, what's her name is doing the F1

Lee McKenzie
    _45532570_lee226.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nice, just wish I could find an animated gif of Vic Reeves rubbing his legs to make my position on the matter clearer. :pac:

Has there been any wet running at all yet this weekend? Hopefully they'll not sit in the pits for this whole session.

I don't overall subscribe to the idea that F1 has gotten "too safe" in recent years, but I'll be very, very annoyed if they postpone qualifying. 5 minutes of 24 cars running around and it'd be fine.

EDIT: Sounds like the teams are all pissing and moaning, doubt we'll get qualifying today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Not sounding too good. Feckin typical after getting up at silly o'clock to watch it live!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Think i'll let Sky+ do it's thing and go back to bed,could be here all morning!

so half an hour delay?

pity if there's no qualifying today but does look wet-ish

Anyone getting up for live Quali tomorrow then?

• Advertisement

a sure they're paid loads of money to drive, should just start the qualifying for the craic :D

delayed another half hour till 3pm/7am

a sure they're paid loads of money to drive, should just start the qualifying for the craic :D

delayed another half hour till 3pm/7am

**** them, talking about danger, the cars are ****in tanks these days.

Early qualifying tomorrow somewhat scuppers my planned sleeping pattern with being busy tomorrow night. Ugh.

Anyone getting up for live Quali tomorrow then?

I shall. Most likely be ****faced and be ready for bed then have to face qualifying and the race before I sleep. :pac:

Part of me would love to see them scramble to put in a time

but guess it would be a little dangerous

Brundle really stretching out that Brawn interview with repeating obvious questions

Eddie trying to make things interested with paper boats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Slept through the alarm and woke up 30mins in.

Looks like I didn't miss much though!

BBC calling it a day,

Say qualifying will be 2am tomorrow

FIA calling a day, qualifying tomorrow no confirmed time but probably 10am/2am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Would have liked to have seen a mixed up Grid! Hope its damp or at least a bit wet tomorrow

Think I'm going to have to skip quali tomorrow and just watch the race live. Staying up all night or going to bed for 3 hours isn't really an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

just considering that myself. ugh lets see how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I've been critical of the race stewards this season for their "liberal" use of the safety car to close the pack up for any reason at all but the decision not to run today was the right call. I know we'd all like to see action on track, thank good there was MotoGP qualifying on at the same time so there was something to keep me occupied while waiting! If they had have tried to qualify it would have been clear after just a few minutes that it was too dangerous to keep going and we could have ended up with a crazy grid.

The morning is still expected to feature showers but by all accounts they wont be as bad as today so we could still end up with a topsy turvey grid, but at least we should have a full session at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Hamilton 5 place grid penalty for changing his gearbox!

Hamilton 5 place grid penalty for changing his gearbox!

Damn, maybe shouldn't have backed him in the competition

but I guess if it's wet it mightn't hurt too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Lads is any channel showing a repeat of the qualys this morning as I cant see it listed anywhere.

cubix wrote: »
    Lads is any channel showing a repeat of the qualys this morning as I cant see it listed anywhere.

There was no qualifying this morning.

bbc one were meant to show it at 1pm but I'm guessing there will be something else on instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ok so quali & the race on the same day. Thats a first for me, it's gonna be some marathon. Will that put added pressure on the engines, cramming it together like that?

Who topped the sheets in FP3? Another one I missed due to some cyclists going around an oval.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

What time is the race on at?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ok so quali & the race on the same day. Thats a first for me, it's gonna be some marathon. Will that put added pressure on the engines, cramming it together like that?

Who topped the sheets in FP3? Another one I missed due to some cyclists going around an oval.
    Wouldn't imagine it'd be any extra stress on the engine. Possibly less, though I'd be grasping at straws explaining why. :pac:
    Only two cars completed a lap in FP3.
    IvySlayer wrote: »
    What time is the race on at?
    Qualifying at 2, race at 6.
    EDIT: Race at 7, I bow to Ghost Train's superior timekeeping. :P

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »

shouldn't make much of a difference unless somebody damages car in qualifying and doesn't have the time to repair

FP3 only saw drivers doing installation laps, I think Trulli and a Buemi each put in a timed lap Buemi being faster

race is 7am tomorrow, qualifying 2am

Advertisement