Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 16: Japanese Grand Prix

Options
  • 06-10-2010 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

There are now only four(or is it three, who knows?) races remaining to settle the battle to be crowned world champion. Suzuka plays host to the Japanese Grand Prix in the early hours of Sunday morning and by the time the chequered flag falls we could be a long way to deciding who will be champion!

My preview is now online on my site

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Had never known the story of Ernst Degner, and what a story it was. Can't wait for this race, really looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

While the circuit should suit RB over Ferrari over McLaren if past form is anything to go by I expect rain would level them out somewhat. I don't know if it's the cars, the drivers, the teams or a combination but McLaren seem better able to handle changeable conditions. Oh if only Vettel hadn't ****ed Button at Spa. Still, a McLaren 1-2 this weekend would tighten up the title picture beautifully. :pac:

Also, I'll ask again for this race (:pac:), does anyone know if there'll be any support races shown live or did most of them finish up at Monza?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »
    Also, I'll ask again for this race (:pac:), does anyone know if there'll be any support races shown live or did most of them finish up at Monza?

All the main support series(GP2, Porsche super cup etc are finished so i think there are only Japanese series on the support card. GP2 Asia doesnt start for a while yet as far as i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Had never known the story of Ernst Degner, and what a story it was. Can't wait for this race, really looking forward to it.

There's some great books about Degner, Stealing Speed was fantastic. I had known must of the ins and outs of the story before I got the book as a Christmas present but really enjoyed reading some of the parts about Degner's personality as well as his meetings with Suzuki. It's tough to understate just how pivotal the defection was for the Japanese firms who at the time were consistently outclassed by the Europeans with MV Augusta and MZ consistently faster. With Degner's data the Japanese instantly became the dominant force in racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Looking forward to this! Might even get up to watch it, its been years since I've had any interest in doing that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

The Forecast for Saturday Quali is very heavy rain - it should really mix up the grid. :cool: Looking forward to it. Clock set.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭holidaysong

I love the Japanese Grand Prix. I remember when it used to be the final race of the season, the excitement of getting up early to watch it. Should be a great race, especially if there's a bit of rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

nightmare weekend for racing bathurst 1000 motogp and f1 arghh

vettels crash hat looks class

woopsy lewis of at degner front end is wrecked

and redbull seem to have there flexi front wing back again

and at the end of fp1 button off at the same corner as his team mate car looks undamaged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Grim. wrote: »
    nightmare weekend for racing bathurst 1000

+1

/me orders in the crates of Red Bull

nightmare weekend for racing bathurst 1000 motogp and f1 arghh

Boo hoo. :pac: Where's the 1000 on?

Just starting to rain in Suzuka now.They are expecting two inches of rain on Saturday.

Free Practice finished in the dry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Do any of you chaps know when FP1 & 2 are repeated on the red button? Commonwealth games seems to be taking up all the streams, & I can'd find a guide online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

EnterNow wrote: »
    Do any of you chaps know when FP1 & 2 are repeated on the red button? Commonwealth games seems to be taking up all the streams, & I can'd find a guide online.

Ah what I was looking forward to getting home and sitting down with a cup of tea to the practice sessions, they better be repeated:(

Usually all day but I expect along with the lack of Classic GPs this week they may not be shown. Try next time you hit the Red Button going to "Sport on BBC" or something like that instead of selecting the live sport, they usually have everything on there.

Usually all day but I expect along with the lack of Classic GPs this week they may not be shown. Try next time you hit the Red Button going to "Sport on BBC" or something like that instead of selecting the live sport, they usually have everything on there.

It's not happening :( All six streams have been allocated to the games. Sport on BBC lists the times for FP1 & 2, but doesn't mention a repeat time. God damn :mad:

It's not happening :( All six streams have been allocated to the games. Sport on BBC lists the times for FP1 & 2, but doesn't mention a repeat time. God damn :mad:

Tis a pain alright. :( Damn college is going to interfere with my viewing for the rest of the season as well. Though if you want a good laugh just check out any of the events at the Commonwealth games, it makes the Chinese GP look like it was packed to the rafters. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Vettel very quick in first two practice sessions.

I was bleary eyed watching FP1, missed all of FP2 though. Hamilton can't keep his bloody wheels on, another rookie error, especially given it was a practice session.

Hopefully the rain will prevent me having to look at that finger after the race. A Hamilton masterclass in wet driving is long overdue, be great to see him doing well on Sunday.

This is a tough season for me to choose a favourite. I'm a real Hamilton fan, but I like Webber & Button too...help! :(:D

• Advertisement

Boo hoo. :pac: Where's the 1000 on?

motors tv from 9pm tomorrow

I was bleary eyed watching FP1, missed all of FP2 though. Hamilton can't keep his bloody wheels on, another rookie error, especially given it was a practice session.

Hopefully the rain will prevent me having to look at that finger after the race. A Hamilton masterclass in wet driving is long overdue, be great to see him doing well on Sunday.

This is a tough season for me to choose a favourite. I'm a real Hamilton fan, but I like Webber & Button too...help! :(:D
    Button all the way. :)

Sky+ it is so.

Motors TV = best channel ever, i have it on 24/7 sitting above my pc on the wall :)

Urrghhhh!!! i simply detest Hamilton, hes the most horrible person ever to grace an F1 paddock.
    Great driver however which is more important to his fans id imagine as F1 is not a personality competition.

Button is a decent guy as is Webber,wouldnt mind seeing Webber do it.
    Alonso is a real racer and when hes on it hes super aggressive, i love watching his onboard via red button when hes really on it, anyone remember Magny Cours a few years back? cant temember what year but he was doing some crazy overtaking moves and pulling them off.
    If i had a choice of who to win the championship id choose Vettel,very very quick guy and still early days in his career.

Great to see a season with so many drivers still able to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,122 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

missed fp1, recorded fp2 so watching some of it now

wonder would fp1 be on the bbc player thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Ha Ha, Whitmarsh calls Vettel the crash kid and to prove him right Hamilton crashes in the next 3 GP's :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So who else is getting up at 4.45am?? BBC's coverage starts at 5am for quali.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Sky + ftw.:pac:

Setting the alarm for 5.30 am. Quali starts at 6.00am I think.

• Advertisement

Is Jake presenting it this week? Just saw him on the BBC's Commonwealth games coverage.

Advertisement