Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldest Winter In 1000 Years On the Way

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

knird evol wrote: »
    theres only one thing to warm you up on these cold winter nights snuggles

What's that then? I get cold very easily even in mild weather!:o

Why can't the cold f off to the north pole and stay there!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

ashblag wrote: »
    Oh fcuking great, last winter was awfull. No bloody water, broken wrist. Who in their right mind likes that weather?.

the great thing about freezing temps is that we have calm and dry so we can walk in that fine crisp air, only requirement, cover well, and have good walking boots, also this kind of weather kill off all germs, so if the swine flu should break out this year or any other type of bad flu, this will clean the air of and get rid of alot of that kind of stuff going around, ---- i sometimes see people spitting on pavement also dogs peeing so a hard dose of frost would be good for this kind of thing, also it is a great time to put out bedclothes kill distmites just open windows and swithc off heating for the few hrs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

What's that then?

An electric blanket

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

knird evol wrote: »
    An electric blanket

Oh right ya, have one of those, have been plugging one in the past few nights. Will need to start using my hot water bottle soon! I love to feel cosy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Rabble Rabble!

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Maybe right after all......

I feel shame for doubting....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Heh interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

hate the cold. moving defo now. ill still post on ah though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

ashblag wrote: »
    Oh fcuking great, last winter was awfull. No bloody water, broken wrist. Who in their right mind likes that weather?.

same here, last winter, no water and I broke my ankle, needed some screws putting in..

this winter, I just stayed in and didn't even try to venture out for fear of slipping on the ice.. oh, and we had 12 days of no water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

hate the cold. moving defo now. ill still post on ah though

Me too Tenerife is my spot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

francie81 wrote: »
    Me too Tenerife is my spot:D
    A dormant volcano off the coast of Africa sounds like a lovely place to live if you don't count the chance that half of it might fall into the ocean causing a mega tsunami.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Never normally snows in november, rarely does in december, sometimes does in jan and generally just ****e in feb. I reckon the winters just getting warmed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

dr ro wrote: »
    Never normally snows in november, rarely does in december, sometimes does in jan and generally just ****e in feb. I reckon the winters just getting warmed up!
    Lets hope so. I hate this weather. I want to live on the beach in the sun.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Warmed up? It's feckin freezin' :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

lol thanks whores on first page look like idiots now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Anita Blow wrote: »
    lol thanks whores on first page look like idiots now

You literally took the words from my mouth. Every disaster movie has the guy who knows what he is talking about being laughed at by the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Brendog wrote: »
    This link is in relation to Russia.....
    I'm no Geologist, but I'm pretty sure the Republic of Ireland isn't Russia

Are you a geographer? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

• Fur trappers reported that southern Hudson Bay remained frozen for about 3 weeks longer each spring.
    • Fishermen reported large amounts of sea ice floating in the North Atlantic.
    • British people saw Eskimos paddling canoes off the coast of England.
    • Alpine (mountain) glaciers grew larger. In some cases, the ice engulfed mountain villages.
    • Winters were longer and growing seasons shorter according to tree ring data and records of cherry tree flowering.
    • Wet weather caused disease that affected people, animals and crops including the bubonic plague (also called the Black Death). This disease killed more than a third of Europeans.
    • Farms and villages in Northern Europe were deserted because the farmers couldn’t grow crops in the cooler climate. During the harshest winters, bread had to be made from the bark of trees because grains would no longer grow.
    • Limited crops and unhealthy livestock caused famine in areas of northern and Eastern Europe. Unlike today, there was no way to transport food around the world to areas where crops had failed and people were hungry.
    • Canals and rivers around Europe were frozen completely for long stretches of time, thats where you get your Dickensian white christmas paintings from.
    • Severe storm systems were recorded, costing Germany and the Netherlands sections of coastline permanently.

I wonder did this happen over the last few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I meant warmed up in the figurative sense. I actually mean colder. That's what the exclamation mark was for. Sorry, ill use a smiley face or something next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement