Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who has the longest commute here?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Just over 20k each way so 40k in total, last 5 or 6 up hill. Don't do this everyday but during the summer when training did it most days.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Mine's 74km round trip on or near the N7 into Dublin, which I try to make once per week. On Fridays I sometimes go the long way home, but that hardly counts as commuting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

i do Phibsboro to Howth sometimes! Have no idea how long that is, nice cycle though, done strictly on a mtb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

8 km to work and the scenic route home, 30-50 km, at least twice a week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

empirix wrote: »
    i do Phibsboro to Howth sometimes! Have no idea how long that is, nice cycle though, done strictly on a mtb!!

That looks like about 15-16km to me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

13k in to Cork up to Holyhill, 11k back 4 or 5 days a week all year round. Started taking detours in the past couple of months on the way back to bring that closer to 15-30k back.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭daroadlescycled

23k each way . Managed to cycle 5 days last week @ 5am 45 to 55 min depending on wind etc, 90% rural. This week will be 3 days. Usally 3 to 5 days evey week.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

25k each way 3 x p/wk min. Only took 43mins today going. 55mins coming home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Cork-Dublin-Cork up Monday down Thursday, it's a bit of a pain.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,601 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

25k each way 3 x p/wk min. Only took 43mins today going. 55mins coming home.
    Were you coming into Skerries around 6.45 this evening? I was heading the other way, and think I passed you between the Daffodil Gallery and Ardla turnings (I had the bright light on)?

Not sure about your timings - for me it was definitely a head-wind going in and tail-wind coming back today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

I was on babysitting duties so had to be home early! Passed through into loughshinny at around 2:50pm. Def faster going in for me, that said the wind was v gusty both ways.

Advertisement