Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone give me one good reason...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Min wrote: »
    1. I am not saying it would lead to increased consumption, but do we want alcoholics having 24/7 access to it? I had an alcoholic come to my house begging for alcohol one morning, it is a terrible addiction and can ruin lives, I don't mind restrictions on it's sales, it is not banned so I don't see the problem.
    2. What amount is a social drink, it doesn't take much drink to be too much. A higher price might help make a social drink a bit healthier.
    3. Excessive alcohol consumption affects the heart and liver. http://www.irishheart.ie/iopen24/alcohol-heart-t-47.html
    1. There's this magical thing called personal responsibility. Putting completely arbitrary restrictions on the sales of goods (e.g time of day, day of year) just because you happen to not want to purchase during the embargoed timeframe is selfish.
    2. Ireland already has one of the highest drink prices...so what makes you think increasing it higher will make the slightest bit of difference?
    3. As does sugar and fat; but there are no restrictions on those - so why pick one arbitrary chemical without enforcing it on others as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Min wrote: »
    1. I am not saying it would lead to increased consumption, but do we want alcoholics having 24/7 access to it? I had an alcoholic come to my house begging for alcohol one morning, it is a terrible addiction and can ruin lives, I don't mind restrictions on it's sales, it is not banned so I don't see the problem.
    2. What amount is a social drink, it doesn't take much drink to be too much. A higher price might help make a social drink a bit healthier.
    3. Excessive alcohol consumption affects the heart and liver. http://www.irishheart.ie/iopen24/alcohol-heart-t-47.html

I just want consistency in opening hours. It's madness that a pub can sell booze at a time when a shop can't.

I don't particularly want people able to get booze at 3 or 4 in the morning, as you can be pretty sure at that point they should have had enough, and the people who aren't just trying to get more smashed at that time are statistically insignificant.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

It's funny because After Hours are complaining about the After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

A pack of brasserie? I am quite happy to buy my weekend supply of alcohol on a saturday -but lingerie? No way Jose - should be available 24/7!

- FoxT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

The liquor laws in this country are , indeed, retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Turpentine

Why would you want to buy drink on a Sunday morning! :D Some people just can't get enough.

Because sometimes Sunday morning is still part of Saturday night. Yes, some people just can't get enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

There is no good reason that those planks in the Dail do anything. Stupid outdated godfearing bolloxology as usual. Something else to complain about I suppose.

Sundays til 12 I'm usually in bed anyways. I know I'm "supposed" to go to four Latin masses in a row and then flagellate myself, but I'm just too lazy.

Advertisement