Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you daydream?

Options
2»

Comments

margarite wrote: »
    Why? you know that they do in some schools creative writing courses, So go out there and see if you can get us caught up in one of your mysteries, cry at your romances and even better laugh and get caught up in one of your stories. What do you think of that idea?:)
    I don't know... for years I was obsessed with these characters that became to me real people, then as I got older, new characters. I have some pages upon pages of suggested characters I wrote down while on the bus or something, it just doesn't come as easy to me now as it did when I was younger. I am a gifted writer, not to say I'm great or anything, it's just the only thing I am good at so may as well recognise it. You know when people ask "What's your talent?" - music, art, etc are easy, if you say "Writing" people just laugh at you.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I daydream, and was told today in a lecture that daydreaming and fantasy is healthy once it is not 24/7 (Health lecture!). If I'm not daydreaming, I end up doodling, I have to keep my mind active in lectures or I'll fall asleep! My mind pretty much goes all day every day, even when I'm sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Faith wrote: »
    I love daydreaming. It makes me really happy. I wile away the days at the moment daydreaming about my hot classmate. Or Chuck Bass. Depends on my mood :).

Mmmmmmm...:D

@Budgese, I'm the same! I write too so I daydream plotlines sometimes. Other times I have the normal "stealing Johnny Depp from Vanessa Paradis" type day-dreams.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Mmmmmmm...:D

@Budgese, I'm the same! I write too so I daydream plotlines sometimes. Other times I have the normal "stealing Johnny Depp from Vanessa Paradis" type day-dreams.

I excelled at them at one point :D. I'd go on holidays to a tiny town in the South of France. I'd have a coffee one afternoon, sitting at a table outside this really small café. He'd sit at the same table as me because there was no more space, and I wouldn't recognise him, and we'd get chatting... :D

I daydream, and was told today in a lecture that daydreaming and fantasy is healthy once it is not 24/7 (Health lecture!). If I'm not daydreaming, I end up doodling, I have to keep my mind active in lectures or I'll fall asleep! My mind pretty much goes all day every day, even when I'm sleeping.

I hear ya!

I have more doodles in my notebook than notes!!! And I dream all night long too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

I don't know... for years I was obsessed with these characters that became to me real people, then as I got older, new characters. I have some pages upon pages of suggested characters I wrote down while on the bus or something, it just doesn't come as easy to me now as it did when I was younger. I am a gifted writer, not to say I'm great or anything, it's just the only thing I am good at so may as well recognise it. You know when people ask "What's your talent?" - music, art, etc are easy, if you say "Writing" people just laugh at you.
    Did you see recently that the author of the Harry Potter said 'I still have the characters still in my head I might write another Harry Potter book'
    The reason it may be hard for you to put down your characters down for you maybe because of your life now, any chance you could take a few hours for yourself and look at the ideas/characters you might end up writing a brilliant story which could lead to more books who would be laughing at you then? good luck :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I'm a dream machine!

I'm a dream machine!
    Do you mean in looks, or u just churn them out because you have nothing better to do. I d go with the latter. What do you think:confused::confused:

Faith wrote: »
    I excelled at them at one point :D. I'd go on holidays to a tiny town in the South of France. I'd have a coffee one afternoon, sitting at a table outside this really small café. He'd sit at the same table as me because there was no more space, and I wouldn't recognise him, and we'd get chatting... :D
    I am glad some people got what I was saying, it does you good, go for it and enjoy the nicer the better ha ha.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭La frog fairy

ahha i do too, think its plenty healthy to do so..

Mostly when i have a crush on someone, nice to daydream then, oh boy the thoughts...yep, and they say boys have dirty minds, if only they knew;)

• Advertisement

ahha i do too, think its plenty healthy to do so..

Mostly when i have a crush on someone, nice to daydream then, oh boy the thoughts...yep, and they say boys have dirty minds, if only they knew;)
    At least some people got what I was saying, its nice to daydream and think happy thoughts, glad other people get the thread and not accuse me of leering. Its nice, well I think so and go for my friend.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

I love daydreaming, think reading loads fuels it and strangely enough I love daydreaming about end of the world scenarios and how my family and I hoard supplies and survive:D The Road got me going on thatvibe and The Passage has added a vampire element!

Linguo wrote: »
    I love daydreaming, think reading loads fuels it and strangely enough I love daydreaming about end of the world scenarios and how my family and I hoard supplies and survive:D The Road got me going on thatvibe and The Passage has added a vampire element!
    What is 'The Passage':)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

The Passage is an amazing book by Justin Cronin, would highly recommend it

Linguo wrote: »
    The Passage is an amazing book by Justin Cronin, would highly recommend it
    Thank you, I love a good book, any more that people can recommended would be most appreciated:).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Yes I do nearly everyday!:cool:

Yes I do nearly everyday!:cool:
    sorry I think I have lost the thread to what you are saying, you do what everyday?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

sorry I think I have lost the thread to what you are saying, you do what everyday?:confused:

The thread title?!

bluewolf wrote: »
    The thread title?!
    The thread title 'Do you day dream, and if so tell us.':)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I think she means she daydreams everyday!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No, the thread title is "do you daydream". Which is the question she was answering.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

me too,even have imaginary arguments/conversations in my head,used to talk in my sleep going through what happened that day,my mind just keeps on turning and turning!

ye i do the while imaginary argument thing aswell, its damn annoyin cuz i end up gettin a bit pissed off at the person i'v had the 'arguement' with! daydreams r strange things.... or it could wel jus be me thats the stange one :rolleyes:

I think she means she daydreams everyday!!
    Actually I do not, I am to busy earning an income, and having fun with me real live friends, how about you?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Actually I do not, I am to busy earning an income, and having fun with me real live friends, how about you?:D

In daydreams you have a certain amount of control. Did you ever get into that state somewhere between daydreaming and actual sleep. Where you lose conscious control and things go pear-shaped. It can be wonderful....or it can be very unpleasant(to say the least).

She wasn't talking about you!

Seriously why are you posting when you can't pay attention to what's going on? Even if you are on a mobile? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I think everyone daydreams ....i have two distinct types of daydreams....one i have the life i have now only all the little kinks are sorted out...The other day dream is about sorting out the world.. i.e their would be no sickness or ill health or wars.. everyone would die of old age after they had lived a long happy fulfilled life! everyone would have enough to eat.... that sort of thing... but being logical i start to pick holes in my daydream thinking how MUCH is enough to eat!...The inside of my head is a very interesting place!!:D

Advertisement