Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you daydream?

Options
  • 30-09-2010 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

Do you daydream?

I do - sometimes I think excessively!
    I imagine a more fun, better life for myself.

Am I cuckoo?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yes, you're clearly bat shít crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

Oh well! I'm not going to change now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm told I live in my own head; I think that's a nice way of saying I daydream too much! I daydream about my goals for the future, be it getting a place on my ideal course or what way I'd like to decorate my house. But I also daydream about things that could probably never happen, like what I'd say if I met someone I idolise or how I'd react in certain situations.

I don't know; maybe people would prefer if we talked about these things out loud instead of keeping them to ourselves, but personally I tend to internalise a lot in my life. I think daydreaming is a good manifestation of that.

I tend to wander off (mentally speaking!) at least 3-4 times a day. It's a wonder I get any work done at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 surdah

I daydream all the time too. It is a way you can have all the things you think you want but with none of the risks. That guy you like no matter how impossible in real life, you can have in your day dreams. Sometimes visualising things you would like to happen actually helps to make them happen in real life, at least it has happened to me, I remember once really visualising getting this job I really really wanted and it happened in real life almost exactly like in my daydream so I think they serve a very useful purpose at times.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I daydream relentlessly, constantly.

About anything really, what's going on in the real world is generally fodder for it. More often than not I'm imagining my 'perfect life' where all my goals are being reached and there's a nice bit of eye candy on the side!

Sometimes it goes from the sublime to the ridiculous, I'm some sort of global superstar or a news reporter extraordinaire (I work in media)...I've even featured as a crime fighting superhero...God that's a bit weird thinking about it now. The sane Beks will usually interject with 'wtf?', but delusional Beks always wins out...sure feck it, they're daydreams, you may as well enjoy them!

Sex is a constant too. I'm actually a complete dirtbag on the inside. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

They say too much day dreaming is a sign of part epilepsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am a total day dreamer a bit like Jokettle - sometimes about real stuff and sometimes about non real!!! Was given out to in school cause of it!!! My friends say I am like a magpie as I am so easily distracted / go into a day dream :rolleyes: But its part of my charm and it keeps me sane :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I love day dreaming :D

I daydream about this
    jokettle wrote: »
    what way I'd like to decorate my house
    and
    That guy you like no matter how impossible in real life
    If the guy I fancy only knew what I was thinking about him!

I don't believe this
    Sometimes visualising things you would like to happen actually helps to make them happen in real life
    And there is some of this
    epilepsy
    in my family!

I'm very happy to know I'm not alone.

And there is some of this in my family!

I'm very happy to know I'm not alone.

Also can be related to sleep deprivation and vitamins etc... deficiency or dehydration:p

And I'm also relieved to know that my imagination is clearly a lot duller than others!

• Advertisement

And I'm also relieved to know that my imagination is clearly a lot duller than others!

lol :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Oh if people knew my daydreams I would be committed or imprisoned!! :rolleyes::o:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'm a constant daydreamer :D

Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

All the time, I often crack up laughing at the tangents I take in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭smallgarden

me too,even have imaginary arguments/conversations in my head,used to talk in my sleep going through what happened that day,my mind just keeps on turning and turning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I day dream or should i say I dream most of the time, when people are talking i vaze out into this world of untold adventure and then 5 minites later some ones saying you know like and im like errrrrr ummmm sorry i fazed out I live in a creative place in side my head at the moment its been really difficult to find a fixed point because im so enthusiastic/excited about what Im doing...

So yea I dream we get told we have an assignment with a clue... I'm allready thinking about the subject and peace of music to go with it and start my brain storms. :D

I day dreamed a comic in my head I have the name of the story and what happens I just need some one to draw it for me... :)

I've the most vivid imagination you will ever experence people have said that to me half the time it involves space adventures with space ships and guns and pirates and hot chicks and sex, and explosions and battles even mushy stuff :eek:. But like even music sets me to day dream about certain things I love day dreaming its were my creativity comes from..

I did faze out just now for about 5 minites and have no idea what i was thinking . yep fair to say i should get payed for it :D

In other words my brains 85% creativity 15 % logical thats what my test results were in college......

I'm a serious daydreamer! I get so easily distracted. I often forget what I'm saying half way through sentences because a thought has popped into my head.

I'm away with the fairies half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

:)

Sorry, did yu say something? I was miles away :o

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭margarite

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm a constant daydreamer :D

Wouldn't have it any other way.
    Nor me I go on beaches abroad I see a hot bod I stop (you know I thirsty) ha ha and I sit and watch the view(talent) and day dream nice way to relax and who is it hurting:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

margarite wrote: »
    Nor me I go on beaches abroad I see a hot bod I stop (you know I thirsty) ha ha and I sit and watch the view(talent) and day dream nice way to relax and who is it hurting:D

erm, I mean daydreaming, like letting my mind wander or imagination go off, not leering at poeple

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love daydreaming. It makes me really happy. I wile away the days at the moment daydreaming about my hot classmate. Or Chuck Bass. Depends on my mood :).

Links234 wrote: »
    erm, I mean daydreaming, like letting my mind wander or imagination go off, not leering at poeple
    I do not lear at people I just imagine what fun I could have with this person.
    and day dream about things we get up to like what s that game with the net and the ball where we have to hit back at each other. What did you think I meant? What do you day dream about?:)

Faith wrote: »
    I love daydreaming. It makes me really happy. I wile away the days at the moment daydreaming about my hot classmate. Or Chuck Bass. Depends on my mood :).
    You put it better then me there is a thing call visualization where if you feel upset or whatever you can imagine yourself with all you best friends being in a place of your choice and let you imagination take over from there. It has being proved that this can help in time of distress.:)

I'm a serious daydreamer! I get so easily distracted. I often forget what I'm saying half way through sentences because a thought has popped into my head.

I'm away with the fairies half the time.
    Yes I used to be like that, now I take a time out during the day and use my mind to make me happier and then I can get on with the work that I have to do. Its only a little day dream and it helps to relax me. What is wrong with that

I day dream or should i say I dream most of the time, when people are talking i vaze out into this world of untold adventure and then 5 minites later some ones saying you know like and im like errrrrr ummmm sorry i fazed out I live in a creative place in side my head at the moment its been really difficult to find a fixed point because im so enthusiastic/excited about what Im doing...

So yea I dream we get told we have an assignment with a clue... I'm allready thinking about the subject and peace of music to go with it and start my brain storms. :D

I day dreamed a comic in my head I have the name of the story and what happens I just need some one to draw it for me... :)

I've the most vivid imagination you will ever experence people have said that to me half the time it involves space adventures with space ships and guns and pirates and hot chicks and sex, and explosions and battles even mushy stuff :eek:. But like even music sets me to day dream about certain things I love day dreaming its were my creativity comes from..

I did faze out just now for about 5 minites and have no idea what i was thinking . yep fair to say i should get payed for it :D

In other words my brains 85% creativity 15 % logical thats what my test results were in college......
    So what u r saying is that day dreaming about the a project helps in your work of creativity, that is what I was originally trying to say it works!!!!:D
    Have I got it right. Not as someone thinks in the negative way but a positive way, what do you think?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I am a big day dreamer :D

I love to let my head wonder sometimes because I tend to come up with great ideas. I like to plan out my future plans when I am just lazing or bored, I figured out my whole travel plan the other day when I had a break between my classes.

I love day dreaming because I do plan to make most of them reality :rolleyes:

Pocketfizz wrote: »
    I am a big day dreamer :D

I love to let my head wonder sometimes because I tend to come up with great ideas. I like to plan out my future plans when I am just lazing or bored, I figured out my whole travel plan the other day when I had a break between my classes.

I love day dreaming because I do plan to make most of them reality :rolleyes:
    Yes its great to sort out anything you might be planning and have problems to help and see what thing is best for you, have any of this helped in a good way? if you do not mind me asking.:cool:

I imagine characters which one day I hope I can put onto paper. I used to write nonstop (fiction) when I was 12-20, then I just quit it.

I imagine characters which one day I hope I can put onto paper. I used to write nonstop (fiction) when I was 12-20, then I just quit it.
    Why? you know that they do in some schools creative writing courses, So go out there and see if you can get us caught up in one of your mysteries, cry at your romances and even better laugh and get caught up in one of your stories. What do you think of that idea?:)

• Advertisement

me too,even have imaginary arguments/conversations in my head,used to talk in my sleep going through what happened that day,my mind just keeps on turning and turning!
    Please try stop doing this, whatever you have done in the past try to think what is the appropriate action to take, and then move on and dream nice things, do you think this will help, I hope so.:)

Advertisement