Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps street view limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

i went to ireland in 07, never got a chance to visit limerick... i'm set to move there with my fiance in december and i was told that limerick city was $hitty place... after seeing these pictures i am so excited to move there! it is so much more beautiful than anyone had described it! thank you so much for posting :D

Limerick city is very much a dark horse in Ireland, , a hidden gem almost as Most people from outside the city give it a bad rep but in actual fact if you visit the place you will see its a great place to stay!

ps id also recommend looking at the images from Limerick thread too for better pice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

dave 27 wrote: »
    Limerick city is very much a dark horse in Ireland, , a hidden gem almost as Most people from outside the city give it a bad rep but in actual fact if you visit the place you will see its a great place to stay!

ps id also recommend looking at the images from Limerick thread too for better pice :D
    yes, i did look at those pictures... amazing! i loved this one because i was actually able to see the house and neighborhood that i will be living in.
    when my fiance and i first started talking about moving in together he said "i swear, limerick isn't as bad as they say!" i had never heard anything about limerick so i started doing research and found pictures of dirty rivers, burning cars and articles about "stab city" so you can imagine why i wasn't excited before this :p

but now that i've seen the google maps and the limerick picture thread i can just be excited to move over there instead of worry about how dangerous or unattractive the city is. :D

although, i will miss the beaches here in south florida... any idea how long a drive from limerick city to bray? i fell in love with the beach i went to there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

yes, i did look at those pictures... amazing! i loved this one because i was actually able to see the house and neighborhood that i will be living in.
    when my fiance and i first started talking about moving in together he said "i swear, limerick isn't as bad as they say!" i had never heard anything about limerick so i started doing research and found pictures of dirty rivers, burning cars and articles about "stab city" so you can imagine why i wasn't excited before this :p

but now that i've seen the google maps and the limerick picture thread i can just be excited to move over there instead of worry about how dangerous or unattractive the city is. :D

although, i will miss the beaches here in south florida... any idea how long a drive from limerick city to bray? i fell in love with the beach i went to there :pac:

You're talking about 2.5 to 3 hours up the motorway to bray, but there's many beaches within an hours drive of Limerick.... Lahinch, Kilkee, Fanore, Ballybunion, Lahinch is probably my favourite beach in the country. Love heading up there.

foinse wrote: »
    You're talking about 2.5 to 3 hours up the motorway to bray, but there's many beaches within an hours drive of Limerick.... Lahinch, Kilkee, Fanore, Ballybunion, Lahinch is probably my favourite beach in the country. Love heading up there.
    well once i get up there i will have to check the others out... but the main question is... which is warmest? i didn't get to go swimming when i was in ireland cause the water was too cold for my taste, i like water to be warmer than 21 c

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

well once i get up there i will have to check the others out... but the main question is... which is warmest? i didn't get to go swimming when i was in ireland cause the water was too cold for my taste, i like water to be warmer than 21 c

they're all cold, the atlantic isnt terrible though thanks to north atlantic drift. But prepare to be cold. wet suit time :)

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    they're all cold, the atlantic isnt terrible though thanks to north atlantic drift. But prepare to be cold. wet suit time :)
    lmao! i refuse to wear a wet suit... i'm more of a bikini or bust kinda girl :p
    i think i'd rather just freeze my tail off

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Try the beach in Lahinch during Winter so. I spoke to a girl working in the Cafe there who is from California.

Lahinch:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=lahinch+clare&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.546728,93.076172&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lehinch,+County+Clare,+Ireland&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.933392,-9.347602&panoid=oOSrfod5bFVCt2cMKyWuBA&cbp=12,182.11,,0,4.15

She is in for a big shock when the Winter sets in. I was delivering once and couldnt walk across the road because of the wind.

Now, frankly, if you want to parade around in your bikini then I doubt anybody here, other than "stupidusername" is going to object. She has her eyes on another boardsie in here. :D

is it a warm bikini? Maybe pics so we can judge if it would be suitable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Berty wrote: »
    Now, frankly, if you want to parade around in your bikini then I doubt anybody here, other than "stupidusername" is going to object. She has her eyes on another boardsie in here. :D

:eek: I am shocked and appalled.

:eek: I am shocked and appalled.

You're also hot for XXXX as well. :eek:

• Advertisement

You're also hot for XXXX as well. :eek:

Nope, don't even know the lad!

is it a warm bikini? Maybe pics so we can judge if it would be suitable...
    ha ha ha, not a warm bikini at all! its a lay out in sunny florida kinda bikini

PICS OR GTFO

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

So, how about that Google Street-view!

So, how about that Google Street-view!

We'll come back to that. :D

There's something more pressing going on here. :cool:

I suppose this should be in the tipperary forum (:pac:) but I found my house on street view, and it looks gorgeous! The whole lot of my village looks lovely, almost making me want to be here. . . but not.

PICS OR GTFO
    i don't have any pics of me in the bikini... and i'm far too lazy to get out of bed, get dressed, find my camera and take pics... so blah

I suppose this should be in the tipperary forum (:pac:) but I found my house on street view, and it looks gorgeous! The whole lot of my village looks lovely, almost making me want to be here. . . but not.

Is it Newport because they took the pictures on a nice sunny day!
    i don't have any pics of me in the bikini... and i'm far too lazy to get out of bed, get dressed, find my camera and take pics... so blah

get dressed..............................why bother!!!

Im going to leave it at that before I slip deeper into becoming an online pervert.

Is it Newport because they took the pictures on a nice sunny day!

Nope not Newport.

Nope not Newport.

Is it a secret?

• Advertisement

get dressed..............................why bother!!!

Im going to leave it at that before I slip deeper into becoming an online pervert.
    like i said.. too lazy, i prefer my current unseen nudity

just spent the last 10 minutes trawling google street view in south florida.

just spent the last 10 minutes trawling google street view in south florida.
    lol! looking for me? you won't find me unless google made an ocean view... i should be on the sand bar near elliot key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Just had a look and I reckon the shot of my place is about 16-18 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yes the shots are 18 months old. They were taken roughly around May 09. I know this for two reasons. Firstly my place of work has a promotion poster on the window that ran during last summer and also i have a Limerick GAA car flag on my car - it could only be summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

you can clearly see a couch inside my sitting room window on it

sorted.............

local-help@google.com ✆ to me
    show details 9:03 AM (26 minutes ago)

Hello,

Our records show that you recently reported an image within Google Maps Street View. This image has been removed from our service and will disappear within the next 24 hours.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience while we dealt with this.
    If you still see the image after 24 hours, your browser's cache may cause the issue. Please clear your browser's cache and check the image. To clear the cache, please check the link below.
    http://maps.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=16539&hl=en

Regards,
    The Google Maps Team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It's hit the news that Google has censored Limerick - http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Google-comes-under-fire-as.6565468.jp

"Google - whose photographers were in Limerick 14 months ago using 360-degree cameras to take the images - has said the areas were left out 'for operational reasons'".

Is it poor form? Are the operational reasons that they are afraid that the car might get stolen? Is it a good thing that Limerick's reknowned areas are left off such a service?

🤪

sorted.............

local-help@google.com ✆ to me
    show details 9:03 AM (26 minutes ago)

Hello,

Our records show that you recently reported an image within Google Maps Street View. This image has been removed from our service and will disappear within the next 24 hours.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate your patience while we dealt with this.
    If you still see the image after 24 hours, your browser's cache may cause the issue. Please clear your browser's cache and check the image. To clear the cache, please check the link below.
    http://maps.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=16539&hl=en

Regards,
    The Google Maps Team

you complained because your couch could be seen?! Even though it could be seen from anyone outside on the street anyway?!!? whats the point?!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

you complained because your couch could be seen?! Even though it could be seen from anyone outside on the street anyway?!!? whats the point?!

+1. They must be rolling in the aisles in the Google offices at the Irishman who complained his couch could be seen.

Seriously though, EurasianBadger, are you winding us up? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

20px-Musical_note_nicu_bucule_01.svg.png.....Bad-ger, You don't have to put on your red light.
    Bad-ger you don't have to sell your body through the night.....20px-Musical_note_nicu_bucule_01.svg.png

Advertisement