Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps street view limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Skottoman

AWESOME!!!!

As an American who has visited Limerick a few times, I love to virtually travel there. I use google street view all the time in other places I've visited. NOW I can travel the streets of Limerick whenever I want!

WOOHOO!!!! :)

Cheers,
    Skottoman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

town is quiet. looks like a sunday.

interesting to have a look about all the estates. Also funny that they did it during the elections so the automatic face blur software had its work cut out with a few faces on every lamp-post..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

funny, i notice they didnt go into moyross, st marys park etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Pretty cool stuff, can find my parents house but not mine as I'm out in the stix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Safe to walk the streets at last! :p

Love google streetview. Wonder how many businesses
    featured in the pics have closed down now! Scary stuff!

~B

• Advertisement

dave 27 wrote: »

had a nice nose around fairview crescent though.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Skottoman

As an american, I'm not really familiar with the neighborhoods, but I did notice that the "Blue" roads are not always there for street view, even though it still works.

Try dragging the guy to a road without the blue line, and it might work?

Oh, I found St Mary's and yes, I apparently doesn't work there, as they probably didn't go there. I guess it was good that I never walked over there to check out the river... Heh.

Cheers,
    Skottoman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

lmfao they got the picture of my house while i was half way through cutting the hedge its 2ft higher half way down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Images are almost 2 years old now seeing my old car there.

Anyway I see they didn't venture into St Marys Park or Moyross!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

oops, that was said already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I see my ex painted the house. I'd never have approved of that colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Didn't quite get around the corner to my house. You can see the back of it though. :D

I found myself in Castlebar that day. There are some strange pictures though.

One street the pictures change half way through to the car driving along the other side of the road. Something obviously went wrong.

I spotted it loads of times around the country. I just cannot remember where now. :mad:

Pictures are all mixed up in Shannon banks. One picture is Athlunkard Avenue and then the next picture bounces you into another estate.

Sorry to keep updating this.

They didnt cover Moyross or St Marys Park but they did do Southill.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

thats pretty cool

Its obv a sunday since the streets are so quiet. about 10.38am...

Not a Sunday morning. Saturday I'd say because Obriens and Subway are open. Check the filth outside BBs on Denmark Street.

:rolleyes:

I cannot get the pictures to embed onto boards.ie I normally use Google earth but tried with Google maps. Cannot figure it out.

Berty wrote: »
    Not a Sunday morning. Saturday I'd say because Obriens and Subway are open. Check the filth outside BBs on Denmark Street.

:rolleyes:

I cannot get the pictures to embed onto boards.ie I normally use Google earth but tried with Google maps. Cannot figure it out.
    definitely sunday. I can prove it ;)

I'll give ya a clue... look up..

tiny possibility its a bank hol monday too, but seems to be a sunday for a few reasons..

zuroph wrote: »
    I'll give ya a clue... look up..

tiny possibility its a bank hol monday too, but seems to be a sunday for a few reasons..

Pennys Clock!!!

10:20am. Shops closed. :confused:

O'Briens on William Street didnt open on Sundays so must different day. Why would it open a Bank Holiday Monday though if not a Sunday?

EDIT Like a weirdo. I checked the Market but that Market is not on so not a Saturday.

Anyway.

Other pictures are front different days.

Ballysimon is a weekday.

Castlebar is a Tuesday. Im in it.

• Advertisement

BINGO, the clock! crescent seems to be a sunday, theres a match on at garryowen. town centre seems to be a sunday, did o briens NEVER open on a sunday or did it used to for a bit, cos it seems its only food places opening up. o briens beside BT, the only shop open on a sunday (later on, at 12), maybe they tried it out for a bit.
    Theres bin collections going on as well though, so its a bit odd.

I thought i'd find myself in mallow, as I passed the car there, but no luck.

The best I've found so far is at my GFs house, at the gate, "Beware of dog" sign, with her dog fast asleep on the other side.

Found myself driving in Castlebar

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Castlebar,+Ireland&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=41.546728,93.076172&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Castlebar,+County+Mayo,+Ireland&ll=53.853881,-9.295185&spn=0.007581,0.022724&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.853915,-9.295299&panoid=in-imtatJ5SoX2QnGzehzA&cbp=12,122.5,,1,4.31

Yes I have my fog lights on. I saw the thing in Mallow as well but it was odd because it was on a Jeep and not a car like all the other times. I think I can be seen rounding the corner on foot but it could also be a shadow.

I saw it on the Newport road as well but they used the Westbound images and I saw it when it was going Eastbound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

robcaughtongooglecamera.jpg

I've just spotted myself on google streetview!

http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

now we can finally use and appreciate this amazing interactive music video.
    you need Google chrome for it to work..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

foinse wrote: »
    http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=52.658725,-8.6295145&z=15&t=h&hl=en

It's arrived!!!!!!!

Step 1, Click on the link

Step 2, Drag the little man onto a street

Step 3, ?????

Step 4, Profit.

I just tried to drag the "little man" into Da Island Field but he shat himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Looks like Google is censoring us from crime. :eek:
    They did however when into South Hill. They must have done that first as a test run and decide not to try it again. Lots of hoddies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

zuroph wrote: »
    http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/

now we can finally use and appreciate this amazing interactive music video.
    you need Google chrome for it to work..

Thats very clever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

At the Crescent shopping roundabout there is two sets of images that I can determine.
    129466.png
    During and after the construction of the bridge into Limerick City and the Limerick City bypass.
    Dangerous Times ahead :eek: We might have to blow it if they try to take our Land :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement